(Topic ID: 247018)

Pinball club creation, ideas?

By Nihonmasa

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nihonmasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi all,

In September we will be opening with my wife a flipperclub here in Switzerland
    We don't think it'll make money; if it can pay for the room rent and the machines maintenance that'd be great already!
    Visitors will pay a small fee for a daily membership.
    All members will be able to play for free, non members will not be allowed in (this keeping the room "private").
    We will be starting with 15 pins and 3 video game arcades.

Question is:
    Feel free to share your ideas, feedbacks...
    We are still planning stuff and are open to any idea.

Budget is thin though

#3 4 years ago

Yep, only beer and snacks cause that's the max we can do without being an official bar.
    But that is indeed planned

#8 4 years ago

Sorry, look like I forgot some important info

We will only operate between 2 to 4 evenings a month. Demographic is low, more is unlikely to bring more people, but we'll see in the future. That is how the few clubs in Switzerland work, not enough people.

We are not opening a business but a non-profit; we doubt we'll get even but that is fine, that is a hobby we'll manage on top of our job.

I thought of facebook ads, but tv is clearly a nice idea.

Tournaments will be organised, I am already in touch with our IFPA director.

Locals are not really the target anyway, we are 1000 locals when summing up the 3 villages in the area, which is a mountain/farmer area.
    Target audience is the pinheads who would not travel up to 2 hours to the nearest club, in the german speaking part of Switzerland. We are in a central position where most people would only need to drive 1 hr max to reach us.
    Swituerland is small

Worst case, we'll do this for a year and it'll be a nice place to hang out with the friends.

We'd love a shuffle alley, but that's extremely hard to find here.

Do you think it would need a small area for people to seat, chat... or pins only?
    What do you expect to find when you go to one?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nihonmasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-club-creation-ideas?tu=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.