Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by durriti
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

Everything else is working correctly. Right target gives 10 times the number on the target for the initial hit then 10 points for each hit thereafter. Left target only gives 10 points for initial hit and then 10 points thereafter. If I momentarily hold the left target scoring relay, L1, I can get it to give the corresponding 10 times score.

#2 6 months ago

Hello Dprex,
l have a flipper clown, Do you have a schematic?. You realy need it for this machine, if you look up 'flipper clown' in this EM tech forem you will see sections of the schematic. Check the switches on the p1 and p2 relays, the switches on the P & L control relay (H).

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from durriti:

Hello Dprex,
l have a flipper clown, Do you have a schematic?. You realy need it for this machine, if you look up 'flipper clown' in this EM tech forem you will see sections of the schematic. Check the switches on the p1 and p2 relays, the switches on the P & L control relay (H).

Yes I have the schematics. I have gone through them all as there were some other issues like runout on left no matter what the roto target read. Will double check those again.

#4 6 months ago

Does the roto target do the following, with red 15 showing and white 14 showing. Make/hit white 14 first, (it should step 14 times and award 140 points). Now make/hit red 15, it should step 15 times and award 150 point and both steppers return to the zero position. if you do this the other way around it should step 15 and return to zero.
If it doesn't do this lift playfield and look at the lefthand stepper hanging from the underside of the playfield. Possible reasons for not stepping, arm loose, spider that arm secures to loose on spindle, add score coil loose in brackets, general sloppyness in 'add score' mechanism.
Also look for loose wires to coil and around the edge of stepper backing bakerlite disc.

#5 6 months ago

with red 15 showing and white 14 showing.
Set

Make/hit white 14 first, (it should step 14 times and award 140 points)
Steps to 14 and awards 150 points

Now make/hit red 15, it should step 15 times and award 150 point and both steppers return to the zero position.
Steps to 15, awards 10 points, resets

if you do this the other way around it should step 15 and return to zero.

Yes however only awards 10 points. What is odd is the ten bell rings at the hit but then awards the 10 points at the time of reset.

Another oddity is that I did the first scenario a few times and it did not consistently award 140. Sometimes 170, sometimes 160, sometimes 140.

#6 6 months ago

l think you need to lift the playfield and watch what is going on, on both of the steppers. With the game in play, red set to 15 and white to 14, press targets with your finger and eyeball the stepper arm is moving one position at a time. The shoes/springs on the arm need good contact and tension to maintain the circuit connection when they stop on the raised brass rivet.
As a matter of interest what other problems are there with the machine?, any scoremotor related.

#7 6 months ago

That's what I am doing now and it all seems to work correctly. When initially started working on the right side was completely off alignment. I aligned and then that started working correctly. I just can't recall if the left side counted up times 10 as I was focused on the right side not reading.
What on the board gives the 10 times? I can't seem to equate it on the schematics.

#8 6 months ago

Found it! The switch that is closed when in zero position and open in 1-15 tabs were connecting once past zero

#9 6 months ago

One problem solved and now another issue. Prior to solving the issue above, I was getting an extra ball when right score was higher than left roto. Now everything resets but the extra ball is not added.

#10 6 months ago

Look at the 'W' relay circuit (4E on schematic), check the 'add ball' relay switches and l would look at the scoremotor switches 4C switch -'W' circuit.
Does the machine add balls at the preset add a ball score setting?, (1000, 2000 etc).

#11 6 months ago

Yes it will add when points are reached. Where does the Left Target Lose relay, Win relay, and the Add A Ball relay meet on the schematic? I believe those are the 3 triggers. What is odd is that once the other problem was solved, this one occurred.

Added 7 months ago:

Adjusted the W switches. Which way should the W switches be? They appear they should be open when waiting to give extra balls however now it awards 2 balls, regardless of which score is higher

Added 7 months ago:

It awards two balls with the right having a higher score. Intermittently it does only give one. I would think that would indicate a contact is just touch too long? Correct? It is the outermost contact on 2C on the score motor. I thought the felt was the problem in so I blocked however still will give 2 extra balls.

#12 6 months ago

'W' relay has two switches which are open until the relay pulls in. The first switch is it's self - 'w' and the second switch is on the 'Add balls" circuit along with the 2C switch. You could put a piece of paper in both of these two switches to see if the problem stops, in one first and then the other and then both together. The 2C Switch stack has 3 switches, with the machine turn off, turn the scoremotor by hand anti clock wise to see these 2C switches at rest. The contacts should sit against each other in parallel not at an angle. l use a piece of card that is 20 thousands thick to set adjustment, l generally clean but not adjust switches not unless they look too close or to wide.
You will need to identify the wires colours on the stack/relays as someone may have put them back in a different order at some point.
Here's a link to a em repair site, scoll down to what he states about switches.
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean

#13 6 months ago

Okay. Double give stopped! It was the 2C connection lasting too long so now it only awards the correct single extra ball.
However! When I finally thought all the problems solved now I noticed sometimes, triedd with alot of combinations, it awards a ball even if the left side is higher. Not consistently. Can't determine any pattern atm.

#14 6 months ago

Take a piece and pen. With the game in play, press the white target first, write down the number, then press the red target, write down the number. Example white 13 - red 8 awards a ball and zeros' Move the roto target one position at a time and press white target first. Record this all 15 times, the next position will be where you started. look at the information record to see if there are any patten or non award or award that is wrong, you may want to do the process twice to see if it is consistantly wrong in one or more places. l ask this ask my flipper clown had a similar problem.

#15 6 months ago

There is no-consistancy. Seems completely random, and just when I think it wont do it, it awards a ball for left being higher. I also did random rotations with hitting one, turning, and then hitting another. Again random. All i did notice was that a 15 to 15 always paid out.

#16 6 months ago

Have just aquired this machine or is it something you have owned for sometime?, l ask as l'm trying to figure what someone else has done before you. My flipper clown had many hacks and someone had mixed up the red/white steppers arms putting them back on the wrong sides causing a similar situation you now have.

#17 6 months ago

If white 15 is made/hit first and then red 15 made/hit is shouldn't award a ball. If red 15 is made/hit first it should award 150 points and reset.
l think this machine is one of a few gottlieb machines that does 'greater than'. ie; x is greater than y.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.