• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pe1010018 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

I'm rebuilding the flippers on a Meteor. The new bushings are too long making the bottom of flippers about 1/4 inch above the top of the playfield. Looks like I need to cut them down a bit. What is the recommended clearance between the bottom of the flipper bat to the surface of the playfield?

Thanks

Bob

Pe1010018 (resized).JPGPe1010018 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Funny, by your topic title I thought you were discounting flipper bats to move your overstock.

#3 6 years ago

Hope someone starts stocking these soon...

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from oldschoolbob:

What is the recommended clearance between the bottom of the flipper bat to the surface of the playfield?

I'd say a between 1/16 and 1/8 inch.

#5 6 years ago

Sorry guys I'm not a dealer but if I was I'd make bushings the proper size.

Thanks O-din - I think I'll shoot for 3/32.

Bob

#6 6 years ago

The manufacturer did make the bushing the right size, but this bushing was the wrong size for Meteor.
The correct bushings are still made, still stocked, and are 1 1/8" inches long from multiple parts suppliers.
Cross check a parts catalog (or even the operator manual) based on a title, if there are questions.

Flipper Bushings 4A-111-W1 (the key here is W1 not W2 (1 3/8"), as these are for slightly later Early Stern games)

http://www.pbresource.com/KT-OLDSTNOLD.html
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4A-111-W-1

Playfield gaps between the bottom of flippers to playfield surface should not exceed 1/8"

#7 6 years ago

Thanks BlackKnight, That helps a lot. I just received my order from Pinball Life but he doesn't carry the short bushings. I think he should because if I have to go somewhere else to get bushings, I may as well order everything there.

I'm not a big fan of Marco or Pbresource but I do like one stop shopping.

By the way does anyone know where Marco is located?

Bob

#9 6 years ago

You can have your parts in two days with USPS Priority Mail via Marco from your location.
My last order to WA took three days to arrive from the time of submission, but I have been buying parts from various suppliers for nearly 30 years.

My recommendation is "stock up" and make the purchase (to offset the cost of shipping) worth your time by buying other odds and ends you may need in the future. Alternately, maybe even in a tool or two.

#10 6 years ago

The last time (end of 2015?) I ordered the W1 bushing from Marco, they shipped me W2 bushings. I ordered Qty 10 as I had a lot of that era Stern game. So just be careful.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from oldschoolbob:

if I have to go somewhere else to get bushings, I may as well order everything there.

I get all my parts from either PBresouce or Marco. They are my two stop pinball parts suoerstores.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-clearance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.