Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wayner
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi all, this is my first post and I am hoping someone can help. I bought a Williams Aztec a few months ago - it's in good shape and did not need much work other than a cleaning. One thing I did need to do was rebuild the right flipper. It was kind of weak and would start to fall back down after holding the flipper. It would kind of shudder a bit and was not strong enough to hold a ball falling back down the playfield. I rebuilt it and it is much better, although a ball really moving fast down the playfield will still knock it part way down. I've heard other Aztecs do this as well. Not really a problem, but my rebuild did not fix the buzzing that happens when that flipper is held down. Should I replace the coil, or is this likely something else? I rebuilt the entire flipper including the coil stop. Any ideas would be appreciated.

#5 9 years ago

I will try to tighten down the coil and get the coil stop lined up better. I replaced the EOS with a new one so I don't think that's the problem.

#6 9 years ago

Well, I took a look and did notice quite a bit of slop in the coil due to the coil stop not being snug up against the coil. I took the coil stop off and bent it a bit to apply more downward pressure. The coil is now in there nice and solid. Unfortunately, the flipper still buzzes just like it did before. It seems to be coming mostly from the washer on the joint in between the melamine piece and the metal piece. But even if I hold down the washer, there still is quite a bit of vibration and buzzing. Any ideas?

#8 9 years ago

A brand new coil stop is in place so I don't think that's it.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice, but not helping so far. The plunger is new and it seems to be making good contact flush with the coil stop. The buzzing seems to be coming from the washer connecting the plunger link and pawl. It seems to be vibrating so much that the washer spins around when the flipper is held in the up position. Not sure why there is so much vibration...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-buzzing?tu=n1teowl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.