5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I am experiencing weak flippers on my Williams Fish Tales #FT. After a mechanical revamp of the flippers (exchanges bushes etc., but that did not help) I discovered that the flipper buttons are intermittent (discovered by using Test switches and Test edges in the Test menu) with a high frequency (50 Hz or so). So I did the following:
    1. I cleaned the optoboards at each flipper button, and even exchanged them with another pinball machine, but that is not the cause.
    2. I replaced the fliptronics II board with another one, problem is still not solved...

The flipper EOS switches are also connected to the Fliptronics II board, but they are not intermittent, only the flipper buttons (2 switches per button). If it would be a power problem, the EOS switches would also be intermittent?

Now I don't know what to do next...I would appreciate any suggestions.

#2 5 years ago

The flipper buttons are Optos, the EOS are mechanical. Different circuits. Go back into switch tests and check all the switches you can get to. Take all the balls out. See if any other switches are affected.

#3 5 years ago

Your comment about the different principle between opto's and mechanical EOS switches made me look closer to the power grid. Eventually I found the cause in the 12V circuit on the power board that powers the opto's. The condensator C30 was loose and did not smoothen the power enough after the bridge rectifiers. Resoldering C30 did the job! Flippers are strong again.

Problem solved.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-buttons-intermittent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.