Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D76A0F74-FF29-4E5A-AF3B-B8B2CDA86584 (resized).jpeg
7E3361D8-5355-4B45-82F0-2E82786D69E3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Easy question to answer for you pros: what direction do the flipper switches position inside the cabinet at the buttons, and is there a preferable technique for adjusting them?

I just took out the 50 year old switches (they looked fried!) and the buttons (filled with sweat and grime) and was to put in the new ones... and realized I forgot to take photos or check how they go in the machine. There are two sets of leaves--the switches and two extra leaves. What goes up against the button shaft that connects the contacts?? Also, they are really spread apart. Are there. any videos, or can anyone offer advice on how to adjust these for best play? What are those 2 spare metal leaves?

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

Easy question to answer for you pros: what direction do the flipper switches position inside the cabinet at the buttons, and is there a preferable technique for adjusting them?
I just took out the 50 year old switches (they looked fried!) and the buttons (filled with sweat and grime) and was to put in the new ones... and realized I forgot to take photos or check how they go in the machine. There are two sets of leaves--the switches and two extra leaves. What goes up against the button shaft that connects the contacts?? Also, they are really spread apart. Are there. any videos, or can anyone offer advice on how to adjust these for best play? What are those 2 spare metal leaves?
Thanks!

I assume you are talking about the 60's machines that have the wire form from the cab to switches on the bottom side of the pf. I have a pf pulled, let me get pics

#3 3 years ago

ok left is closed front to back, right is closed back to front. normally you are going to have a metal finger, then insultater then contact and tehen 2nd contact, then ridgit backstop as the stack list

My left contact is broken, normally extends out past the contacts, need a pbr replacement switch

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

7 months later
#4 2 years ago

Thanks for the reply! I don't know why I didn't get back to this.

Quoted from pinhead52:

I assume you are talking about the 60's machines that have the wire form from the cab to switches on the bottom side of the pf. I have a pf pulled, let me get pics

No, I was talking about 197-1972 machines.

#5 2 years ago

on 70s switches its pretty straight forward

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

on 70s switches its pretty straight forward

I'm starting to get confused. Does the longer end switch sit on the button, or the smaller contact leaf sit on the button?

#7 2 years ago

Here’s pics from a 77 Team One that’s been hanging out at my place.

7E3361D8-5355-4B45-82F0-2E82786D69E3 (resized).jpeg7E3361D8-5355-4B45-82F0-2E82786D69E3 (resized).jpegD76A0F74-FF29-4E5A-AF3B-B8B2CDA86584 (resized).jpegD76A0F74-FF29-4E5A-AF3B-B8B2CDA86584 (resized).jpeg
#8 2 years ago

Note that there is an insulating strip between the two long blades. The early 70s games had metal buttons so there was a desire to insulate...

#9 2 years ago

That’s the shot! Thanks. I now realize, embarrassing as it is, I have been reversing my switches.

No wonder I’m getting a shock. I’ll buy new ones with fiche paper, anyway, because the 1971 games I own have carbon-baked old things that are probably original.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-button-switches-on-gottlieb-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.