Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Seems like problems come in waves. On Monday, a rubber ring broke. Luckily, I had a box of replacements and it was quickly fixed. On Tuesday, the Mini Arcade took a direct hit, which caused the case to split open. A bit of super glue and vise grip took care of it. Today, I had the scoop not react to when a ball fell in. Luckily, another member suggested a very simple fix and that's resolved as well.

Now, I have the right flipper button getting stuck once in a while. Pressing on it makes it pop out again. The button is from Flipper Fidelity with the LEDs. I was thinking on just applying a bit of WD40 around it, but after some googling, that seems like a bad idea. Sadly, I didn't find a good solution either.

What do you recommend to do with a flipper button that gets stuck a few times a day?

#2 6 years ago

Take it out and clean it, inspect it, see why it's jamming...

Don't ever get wd40 near a pinball machine...ever...

I once read on a forum somewhere, that alot of problems can be fixed by just using your eyes...don't overthink it either..

#3 6 years ago

Open the pin up, push on the button, use different pressure, hold it in longer...look at it...you tell us

#4 6 years ago

probably just gummy or somethin

#5 6 years ago

Often it is the leaf spring behind the button causing the issue. Make sure it is on right. At any rate, buttons are easy and cheap to replace. Just make sure you get the correct size button.

#6 6 years ago

I have also had an issue with the new flipper buttons. Very annoying. Pop out the button, you can leave the housing in the game. I take 220 wet sandpaper and sand around the bottom of the
button, the bottom of the bell basically. I then take a little Teflon lube and apply it to the button. Pop it back in. This seems to help. I also reinstalled springs into mine, I had taken them out as they made the flippers more sensitive but reinstalling them also seemed to help with the sticking.

#7 6 years ago

I have a button doing the same thing. If I don't press it dead center it sticks. Not really anything anyone can do to help. It's not one of those "check this xxxxxx" type problems. It's something your going to have to get in there find.

#8 6 years ago

The clear led buttons do this a little. The chrome and gold played ones do it a lot.

#9 6 years ago

Funny, I have the same issue on FBC the replacement buttons seem to be just that bit tight in the hole. I found by loosening the retaining nut a bit it stopped sticking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside