(Topic ID: 240962)

Flipper bending ?

By cgdexpx

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EOS (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I had extremely strong flippers on a Quick Draw. I had a technician come out for a minor repair. But he said the game was playing way to fast and was concerned that a plastic piece could get broken.

He did a quick [bend] or adjustment . Literally 25 seconds.
    Unfortunately he recently died.
    I would like to bring back the flipper strength ,speed.
    Gapping ? Or ?
    Any thoughts ?

#2 5 years ago

He probably adjusted the EOS switches to open prematurely to weaken the flippers.

#3 5 years ago

That is what my UNEDUCATED guess was , looking on the net .
    Any direction on how I can change them back ? I am going to google EOS switches .
    Is that something that if you fool with it can cause big problems ?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from cgdexpx:

Any direction on how I can change them back ?

If you hold the flipper in the up position there will be a gap on the EOS switch contacts. Adjust the gap to be smaller, but do not make the gap smaller then an 1/8 inch.

EOS (resized).jpgEOS (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

And while you adjust the switch gap, keep flipper up by pushing the plunger into solenoid as far as it goes. Don't try to move the actual flipper or pawl - there might be some play in the linkage holes and the actual switch gap will be too small when operated by solenoid/plunger.

#6 5 years ago

Thank you very much am going to see if I can manage it. Or at least when I am around pinheads I can ask to be shown what to do in person.

#7 5 years ago

It also goes without saying, but do all of this with the power off. There is high voltage at the EOS switch.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-bending-?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.