Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mahoyvan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I just did a flipper rebuild on a Dr Dude with a kit from pinball life. This is the first rebuild that has given me issues. I can't get the left flipper bat to stay tight. It wants to drift out of position with every snap of the coil. I can't possibly get the clasp bolt any tighter.
Does anyone have tricks to fix this issue? Or am I better off just getting a new clasp? Has anyone had bad clasps?
The right flipper went in perfectly.

#3 2 years ago

Get a new clasp. You either overtightened it and it's shot (pretty easy to do) or it was defective in the first place. It's a $4 part.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I just did a flipper rebuild on a Dr Dude with a kit from pinball life. This is the first rebuild that has given me issues. I can't get the left flipper bat to stay tight. It wants to drift out of position with every snap of the coil. I can't possibly get the clasp bolt any tighter.
Does anyone have tricks to fix this issue? Or am I better off just getting a new clasp? Has anyone had bad clasps?
The right flipper went in perfectly.

I had the exact same problem on one of my machines.

I too, went and bought more clasps and it didn't fix the issue.

It turned out that the flipper bat was loose on it's 'spindle'!! Not so loose that it was obvious but loose enough to display the exact same problem as you are having. The glue (or whatever they use) that glues the bat to the spindle wasn't holding.

Take the flipper bat out and hold the spindle with a tool and try to turn the flipper bat by hand. I guarantee you can turn it by hand, with enough pressure.

It's not another clasp you need, it's another flipper bat.

Hope this helps.

Roger

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

. It's a $4 par

Where can you find them separately? I really don't want the whole kit.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

It turned out that the flipper bat was loose

They are brand new bats. I did suspect that too, the glue is holding well.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Where can you find them separately? I really don't want the whole kit.

Flipper pawl (not clasp).

Usual suspects. Pinball resource, pinball life....

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Flipper pawl (not clasp).

That's the word!!! Couldn't think of the correct term. Thanks!

#9 2 years ago

I just did Vids suggestion of dremmeling out the pawl opening to remove some material. This allowed me to snug up the bat for now. I will be ordering a new pawl, but at least I can play this gem of a machine now!
Thanks all!

#10 2 years ago

Pain in the ass, I know... Ive always wondered why they just don't make the shaft of the flipper textured or grooved to have more to grip onto, as opposed to a shiny smooth finish.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Boards
PinSound
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside