11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tomdotcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Just installed new flippers recently, and I have no idea what angle the flippers should be set at. Is is the same on all machines, or different?

#2 11 years ago

What game ? That could help responses.

Like on a Williams DMD pin, there is a hole ( roll pin ) in the playfield. Stick a tooth pick between the flipper rubber ring and flipper body and into the hole, then tighten it down.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

That's what that hole is for... hahaha. Two times in one night you've helped! Thanks again!

#4 11 years ago

I always set the flippers perfectly straight with the inlane guide.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Thats the way I always have done it too.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from kaz1961:

RawleyD said:I always set the flippers perfectly straight with the inlane guide.
    Thats the way I always have done it too.

Yes, this is how it should be done. Forget the hole and the toothpick. That hole is *way* off on some games and your flippers are often way too low using that method. Lining it up with the inlane guide allows the game to flow properly, the ball to not bounce at all when coming from inlane to flipper, etc.

#7 11 years ago

The trick is to be able to lift up the playfield and tighten the nut with the flippers keeping the alinement. I tighten the nut to a point where the shaft is still able to move but with some resistance. Then I aline them by eye with the inlane and test with a ball for a smooth transistion to flippers.

Before giving the nut the last turn, I gently knock the shaft end with the handle of a screwdriver to ensure the necessary slack. Good to go.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

on a Williams DMD pin, there is a hole ( roll pin ) in the playfield. Stick a tooth pick between the flipper rubber ring and flipper body and into the hole, then tighten it down.

+1. I have never had this seem 'off' on a wpc game. That's what the holes are there for.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Yes, this is how it should be done. Forget the hole and the toothpick. That hole is *way* off on some games and your flippers are often way too low using that method. Lining it up with the inlane guide allows the game to flow properly, the ball to not bounce at all when coming from inlane to flipper, etc.

Tru dat. Some games holes do seem way off, or cause a flipper bat to be higher than the other.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Yep, best way IMO...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-angle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.