Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kiss_Flippers.jpg
    Kiss_SnubberHoles.jpg
    306B5DFF-EC4F-4625-B06F-6280B1480C48 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0004a.jpg
    1D3A3481-A4EB-4C3E-BE44-37F8B940D5E4 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Hi folks

Just about completing my playfield swap out on my kiss pinball Machine and I am trying to align the flippers, but this field does not have the divot built into it

I just wanna make sure it’s done correctly. Any ideas?

1D3A3481-A4EB-4C3E-BE44-37F8B940D5E4 (resized).jpeg1D3A3481-A4EB-4C3E-BE44-37F8B940D5E4 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

Just gotta put the rubber on and see what feels right. Should just be a smooth feed from the inlane wire...although you can bend that a bit if needed

Edit looks shiny!

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi folks
    Just about completing my playfield swap out on my kiss pinball Machine and I am trying to align the flippers, but this field does not have the divot built into it
    I just wanna make sure it’s done correctly. Any ideas?
    [quoted image]

I never use divots. Just line them up with the inlane guide/wire.

#4 1 year ago

Okay so with rubber on use a ruler and do my best to line it up

#5 1 year ago

Okay so with rubber on use a ruler and do my best to line it up

That works. I just eye them both up, then lift them both and make sure they are uniform in the full up position.

#6 1 year ago

That's some nice quality playfield..

When in doubt, check the flyer on older games, manual on modern, for pics to reference. not all games are designed to be aligned to the guides, though many are, and that's usually a safe bet if you can't find anything better

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

That's some nice quality playfield..
    When in doubt, check the flyer on older games, manual on modern, for pics to reference. not all games are designed to be aligned to the guides, though many are, and that's usually a safe bet if you can't find anything better

Thanks Zac !!

It was CPRs last screened Kiss field
    (they were sold out but had one on hand not properly in inventory so I lucked out)

Okay I’ll take a look see what I find

#8 1 year ago

The flippers on these Ballys are not supposed to be aligned with the return inlanes unless you want to make hitting the side targets more difficult. Why would you want the sweet spot for the flippers to shoot up the middle of the playfield when there's nothing there to go for?

Without the divots you can use the snubbers for reference which will be pretty close. Align the back of the flippers to be parallel with the snubber wires.
    I don't have a Kiss handy but Playboy gives a good example:

IMG_0004a.jpgIMG_0004a.jpg

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Quench:

The flippers on these Ballys are not supposed to be aligned with the return inlanes unless you want to make hitting the side targets more difficult. Why would you want the sweet spot for the flippers to shoot up the middle of the playfield when there's nothing there to go for?
    Without the divots you can use the snubbers for reference which will be pretty close. Align the back of the flippers to be parallel with the snubber wires.
    I don't have a Kiss handy but Playboy gives a good example:
    [quoted image]

Snubber Wire is gone
    No center divot from CPR

Did my best … happy with the results

Appreciate everyone’s help

306B5DFF-EC4F-4625-B06F-6280B1480C48 (resized).jpeg306B5DFF-EC4F-4625-B06F-6280B1480C48 (resized).jpeg
    #10 1 year ago

Snubber Wire is gone

Snubber holes are there to use as a reference.

Kiss_SnubberHoles.jpgKiss_SnubberHoles.jpg

Best picture I could find in the Kiss club thread:

Kiss_Flippers.jpgKiss_Flippers.jpg

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Quench:

Best picture I could find in the Kiss club thread:

Well the right side at least

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-alignment-no-divit- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.