(Topic ID: 61906)

14 Cities - 1 cause Flip Off Hunger Events

By Xerico

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipoff trophy.jpg
    FLIP_OFF_COVER_PHOTO.jpg
    flip_off_hunger_logo.png
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Plan to be there PBH. Currently at Tickfaw St Park, so not too far away. Nice of you to put this benefit tournament on.
    MLV

#52 10 years ago

The Flip Off Hunger DFW TX event raised $405 for the North Texas Food Bank. In addition, a couple of bags of food will be donated as well. It is estimated that every $1 can provide 3 meals for hungry families. So we raised enough money to provide 1,215 meals!!

The winner of our main tournament was Eric Fisher. Congrats to Eric for a terrific top 8 playoff showing. The top 8 played a round robin. Every player played 7 games against the other top 8 players.

Eric went 6-1 to earn 6 out of 7 possible points.

Ken Kemp came in second by going 5-2. He earned 5 points.

Josh Tidmore (Frax) and Marcus Trevino (me) went 4-3. We both earned 4 points and tied for third place.

Jennifer Tidmore (Josh's wife) and Austin Kemp (Ken's son) went 3-4. The both earned 3 points and tied for fifth place.

Brian Davis of Sherman, TX earned 2 points for 7th place. Connor Briggs of Lake Dallas, TX earned 1 point for 8th place.

Congratulations to all the players, as they donated $25-$50 each towards the Flip Off Hunger event.

#53 10 years ago

Congrats!
    Pinball and donations to a good cause, win win.

#54 10 years ago

We made custom trophies with our CnC machine... event turned out great.. We raised $500+ a bunch of canned good we'll be giving to New Orleans second harvest food bank this week.flipoff trophy.jpgflipoff trophy.jpg

#55 10 years ago

Well, we had a great turn out! We had nearly 30 people stop by to play and others who just donated. We took in 2 barrels of canned goods (plus a lot more we couldn't fit) and over $1,000 is cash. Congrats to the winners...

1. Andrew Hrdlicka
    2. Carter Crews
    3. John Miller

Thanks again for making this and letting us be a part of it all!

Adam

#56 10 years ago

This is awesome. Can't wait to see the final tally of all cities combined. Right now, I think we're on track to crack 10k

#57 10 years ago

This is absolutely outstanding.

#58 10 years ago

Update ...

With four cities remaining, Flip Off Hunger Pinball Style! has raised $6,311 plus a boatload of food for food banks around the United States!

Based on the premise that $1 will buy 3 meals for hungry families, pinball players from around the US have donated 18,933 meals!

That is fantastic!!

Thanks to everyone that participated!

Marcus

3 weeks later
    #60 10 years ago

Seattle's tournament starts tomorrow at 1300 (UTC-08:00).
    It'll be held at Cupcake Castle in North Seattle. That's my house, incidentally.
    We'll have 13 pins available. Hollywood, High Speed, CSI, Viking, Spider-Man, Xenon, Solar Ride, Freedom, Joker Poker, Big Game, Close Encounters, Barracora, and Dragonfist. You DMD players should have a bit of fun with this lineup.
    Many local places pinheads patronize were very generous with prizes. I will include a list once it's done, since I'm to be the head beancounter, as it were.
    At least six people are making the 300+-mile round trip from British Columbia to play. Robert Gagno, Tommy Floyd, Kyle Seller. BIG VRPA names!
    Haven't heard if anyone from PDX is coming here, but I'm led to believe they're having a tournament as well.

I will make a report once tomorrow has been dealt with. I gotta go hang up outdoor lights now.

Steve

#61 10 years ago

Seattle raised $1,541 and three rather sizeable boxes of food and non-perishable items!
    I think this might push is over the $10K mark!
    Steve

#62 10 years ago

Oops. Wrong amount. The correct amount was $1,561.
    Steve

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-off-hunger/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.