(Topic ID: 307636)

SOLD!! FLIP FOR GOOD: Charity Auction for Rush (LE)

By ray-dude

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ray-dude
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
425420BD-D9B8-4980-ACAD-B5B6F773EFA7 (resized).jpeg
CRI-logo (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

SOLD!! FLIP FOR GOOD: Charity Auction for Rush (LE)

Featured Ad

Added: 2022-01-08 23:21:27 UTC • Ended: March 31st, 2022
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

Price

$ 21,120 (OBO)

Open for offers

SOLD!! Over $27000 raised to support cancer research in honor of Neil Peart. Truly incredible result...

******* Donation Page *******

https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/FlipForGoodRushLE

******** Final Bid *********

$21,120 (net $8,837.57 to charity)

******** Sweeteners *********

- All proceeds above what I paid being donated to the Cancer Research Institute (PAID!!!!)
- Dollar for dollar match by me, up to $8000 (PAID!!!!)
- Dollar for dollar match by the amazing folks at @Hemispheres, up to $8000
- $100 donation pledge from a fellow pinsider (thank you S!)
- $100 donation pledge from a fellow pinsider (thank you M!)
- $100 donation from @Vino (thank you Vino!)
- $200 donation from @SerenityNow (thank you John!)
- $2112 (!!) donation from @Oiler2112 (PAID!!!!)

Folks, with all the negative energy around LE flipping, time to redirect that to some good.

I was fortunate enough to score a Stern Insider Rush LE (fully paid for, being shipped to me directly from Stern). I am putting that up for charity auction.

Every penny above what I've paid to Stern ($12,282.43 USD after sales tax and shipping) will be donated to the Cancer Research Institute in honor of Rush drummer Neil Peart (https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/FlipForGoodRushLE).

To sweeten the deal, I will personally match the donation amount dollar for dollar, up to a maximum of $8000. By way of example, rounding to keep math simple, if winning bid is $16k and all in $12k goes to Stern, I will donate $8000 ($4k flip for good profit, plus $4k from me as a thank you to the bidder for digging deep) to the Cancer Research Institute, with an ask that they designate the funds for research towards a cure for Glioblastoma.

If others feel moved to help sweeten the deal or donate something to the auction, drop a PM. Happy to pile on and do even more good. I will update this post with any sweeteners that folks are moved to contribute. Folks can also go to the fundraiser page at https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/FlipForGoodRushLE and donate directly.

Yes, the whole "buy to flip" thing is way out of hand, but hopefully this is a chance for a pinball loving Rush super fan to do some good, and feel good about their LE purchase.

Let's dig deep folks, and Flip for Good!!

Ray

******** SWEETENERS ***********

An anonymous pinsider has pledged $100 donation

The team at @Hemispheres has stepped WAY up and pledge to match the donation as well (3x the premium will be going to charity)...wow! Kurt, beers on me buddy

Another anonymous pinside has pledged $100 donation for the cause

@Vino has kicked in a $100 donation in honor of Neil (my "owe a beer" list is happily growing)

@SerenityNow has pledged a $200 donation (thank you John!)

@Oiler 2112 has pledged a $2112 donation in honor of Neil (thank you!)

Terms:

Pin is being delivered to San Diego California. Buyer to pick up or arrange shipping at own expense. I'm happy to work with you to get the pallet to your shipper. Sale complete as soon as pallet leaves my garage.

Bid by private message to me please. I will post top bid to the thread to preserve privacy of bidders (although if you want to post to the thread to show support, please go ahead...I will go by bids to my PM though)

Auction ends the moment when the pallet touches the ground in my garage. I will post with a pic to the thread so we have a timestamp set.

Payment by cash or bank transfer please (for clarity, bid is price net to me, so we don't eat into the donation value)

I will work with buyer to arrangement payment/pickup/shipping. I'll post final donation details here with a final thank you when all is said and done.

For any sweeteners being offered by others, so I'm not a middle man, winner to work directly with them.

If suggestions come through on how to improve this process, I'll check with top bidder if they're OK with the change, and if so, update these terms.

(Special thanks to Robin and the Pinside crew for signing off on this auction, and their support to help make it happen...thanks guys!)

Item photos

CRI-logo (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ray-dude's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ray-dude's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 21,120

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

San Diego, CA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods

#2 2 years ago

I hope this is the real deal, Ray ... what a great gesture for an important cause. Neil Peart was a wonderful human being and inspired a generation of drummers. Listening to 2112 over and over as a little boy is why I became a super-mediocre drummer myself! Priests of Syrinx is a masterpiece - I crank up my vinyl of that entire album as often as possible. It's a revelation.

Peace, brother!

#3 2 years ago

I was watching the stream last night and I was blown away...amazing game that I can't wait to play! If I were a Rush super fan, I'd personally not feel very good about having to drop a huge premium to a flipper to get my dream pin. I'm hoping this is a chance to turn that negative energy re: flipping to the good, and do some real meaningful good at the same time.

#4 2 years ago

finally, someone on pinside thats not a money hound.

#5 2 years ago

What an incredibly generous thing to do!
Your an awesome dude Ray-dude!

#6 2 years ago

Wow!!! What a noble thing to do. This should draw some positive attention to the pinball market and hopefully shed some of the black cloud hanging over the whole LE flipping situation.

#7 2 years ago

Wondering if Stern would work with you to have the game simply shipped direct to the winner.
In any case, good luck super fans!
I will happily make a donation to the foundation.

Nice gesture ray-dude!!

#8 2 years ago

That is a super awesome thing to do! Would be great if Geddy and Alex would sign that apron or translite. Who knows where the bidding would go?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wondering if Stern would work with you to have the game simply shipped direct to the winner.
In any case, good luck super fans!
I will happily make a donation to the foundation.
Nice gesture ray-dude!!

I did check with them on this, just to save double shipping costs and get more to charity. They need to ship to me for the sale tax thing (alas, it is purchased and fully paid for, so less flexibility I think)

Appreciate kicking in something for the foundation Vino ! More voices that pull together here, the more we push back on the black cloud that Steve_d71 mentioned.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

finally, someone on pinside thats not a money hound

Oh yes he is ...
But in a positive way...
GLWA

#11 2 years ago

How nice is this?

Very generous of you, Ray!

#12 2 years ago

(APPLAUSE)

#13 2 years ago

What's the latest high bid?

#14 2 years ago

Good morning, and thank you for the amazing response! Love this community

We're currently at $13,500, and a very generous anonymous pledge of $100 to the Glioblastoma Foundation to sweeten the deal. I'll update the ad with the latest/greatest

#15 2 years ago

So awesome to see this especially after reading some of the other "For Sale" threads around here. Good for you, ray-dude!

#17 2 years ago

This is incredible Ray. I will be back to post up on how we would love to be involved with this. Excellent excellent idea!

#18 2 years ago

That’s really cool of you. On a side note. I had no idea Le’s had gotten so expensive.

#19 2 years ago

Thanks for the positive gesture. So many flippers at 14k on this game right now

#20 2 years ago

Have a bunch of discussions going that hopefully let us sweeten the pot on this one. Once games start shipping, I'm hopeful interest will really pop (I'll for sure post shipping updates here for those that are tracking).

#21 2 years ago

Quick update here. No change in top bid ($13.5k), but some absolutely amazing news.

The amazing folks at Hemispheres Amusements (@Hemispheres) have step up and will match the donation to the Glioblastoma Foundation. Every dollar we're over what I paid MSRP will now be matched two for one....$3000 premium will be tripled, with $9000 (plus a $100 pledge from a fellow insider) going to the the Glioblastoma Foundation in honor of Neil.

Thank you to Hemispheres for the absolutely amazing generosity, and an extra special thank you knowing that it is coming from the heart.

I will update as new information comes in, and have much more frequent updates when the pin ships from the factory.

#22 2 years ago

and another $100 pledge from a fellow pinsider. Thank you to everyone for the support!

#23 2 years ago

Thanks @ray-dude! We are more than happy to help out with this one. Neil Peart was an amazing human being. In case you hadn't put two and two together the company is named after this fantastic bands 1978 album. I have already donated to this Foundation after Neil's death but I'm glad to donate more because this is an absolutely incredible thing that you're doing Ray. We're all very fortunate to be able to be involved in this fun sport. I mean think about how fortunate we all are. Even though we're living in a pretty effed up world right now with covid going on, we still live in a country where we are fortunate enough to purchase these games and enjoy them among so many other things that so many other people in this world don't get to do. We take a lot for granted sometimes and your post really made me think hey.... it's time for us to give back here. I'm so grateful that this industry has treated me well over the 30 years being involved with it. Trust me when I tell you there were a lot of ups and downs. I can remember trying to figure out what I was going to do next when I was literally rubbing nickels trying to figure out how to pay the overhead..... this has not always been the easiest gig to say the least and my body and joints can attest to that. That said, looking back on it I wouldn't trade it for the world. All of us here at Hemispheres Amusements are really thrilled to be involved in such a great cause because there is so much negative in the world right now that THIS HERE is what life is about! I can sure give a few bucks back to a good cause. In the grand scheme of things and what we all spend on this hobby what's a few beans back in the hopper that will hopefully help many people in years to come with a horrific thing like brain cancer. Ray I can't thank you enough for doing this. This really is a phenomenal thing that you're doing. It's a real feel good thing to be a part of. We did a Make-a-Wish one year and gave a child with cancer a 60 in 1 game and it was a lot of fun to do.... and quite frankly I'm really glad you brought me back to this because it's time to make sure I do something this every year. Sometimes I need to be grabbed by the collar and yanked back into reality. I've been running like an idiot for God knows how many months here. It's been insane. But again, thank you Ray. Really happy to be involved!

And everybody else who has donated or will be donating any money to this thank you very much.... it really is awesome of you all! What a great thread.

#24 2 years ago

Many many thanks to Vino for a $100 donation in honor of Neil ... thank you brother, it means a lot

1 week later
#25 2 years ago

An amazingly generous Pinsider has stepped up with a $21,120 bid...absolutely incredible, and again, from the heart. Thank you!

#26 2 years ago

Knew my opening bid wouldn’t last. Was happy to participate though! Great cause thanks for organizing this!

2 weeks later
#27 2 years ago

Many thanks to SerenityNow for pledging a $200 donation to the Glioblastoma Foundation as part of this effort. Very proud to stand with you John

#28 2 years ago

With LE's on the line and presumably shipping soon, the pace of updates will hopefully be picking up soon. Thank you everyone for the amazing outpouring of support for this effort (our collected donation is well north of $20k right now and growing, which is AMAZING), and hopefully we'll be able to get even more support from the community as we get closer to delivery and closing the auction out.

1 week later
#29 2 years ago

Very excited to see pictures of LE's being delivered to people's homes! I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, but hopefully soon, and we'll be able to put the final hammer down on this auction.

I just got off the phone with Kurt Hemispheres and he is raising his matching contribution cap to $8000. In support of the amazing generosity of Kurt and all those that are stepping up for this auction, I am raising my matching contribution cap to $8000 as well.

If the current $21,120 winning bid stands, our collective contribution to the Glioblastoma Foundation is going to be:

$8,837.57 ------- (Current top bid of $21,120 - $12,282.43 I paid for the LE)
$8,000 ---------- Matching contribution from me
$8,000 ---------- Matching contribution from the incredible team at Hemispheres
$500 ------------ Pledges from SerenityNow Vino and two anonymous pinsiders
$priceless ------ Support from robin and the Pinside team for the auction and front page sticky promotion
-------

$25,337.57 (!!!!!!)

That's an incredible $25k + from us pinsiders to the Glioblastoma Foundation in honor of Neil Peart.

Things will pick up as my LE ships from the factory, but I want to acknowledge the remarkable support and generosity of the community for this effort. I know the cause is very personal to many, and it is incredible to see the amazing support this community is putting out there in memory of Neil, and in support of all those who are (or will be) fighting the same fight that Neil did.

If you would like to participate in any way, please drop a note here, or drop a note to PM with any bids or pledges or other pieces of support you'd like to contribute to this auction. When people come together to stand for good, it raises all of us.

Thank you again to everyone for your support!

#30 2 years ago

Neil Peart would be so proud! Huge kudos to Kurt and Ray for their generosity!

#31 2 years ago

Ray I can't thank you enough for what you're doing here. Truly amazing! Rush was an absolutely incredible band and Neil Peart was an even more incredible human being. I'm so happy to be a part of this. Hopefully one day in the future people will never have to go through what Neil went through. It's people like you that make that difference Ray. Thanks!

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

An amazingly generous Pinsider has stepped up with a $21,120 bid...absolutely incredible, and again, from the heart. Thank you!

I see what he did there... 2112 very cool! Whoever you are, thank you for this amazing and incredibly generous donation to this foundation and this auction. Just recieved my personal Limited... I can't wait to get it set up!

#33 2 years ago

Many thanks to Pinsider Oiler2112 for stepping up HUGE with a pledge of $2112 as an auction sweetener (how sweet it is!). We are now over $27k pledged on behalf of our community to the Glioblastoma Foundation, which is a staggering total.

My Rush LE has not shipped from Stern yet, so still time to get involved. I will post here when it is enroute and we have a proper auction count down.

In the meantime, I will see if I can get a fund raising group established with the Glioblastoma Foundation so that all donations can be made directly, and we can all see the total as it builds up. Hopefully I can get that going this week...

Thank you again to Oiler2112 for the incredible donation!

2 weeks later
#34 2 years ago

Another update for those following and supporting this auction.

I have not yet received a shipping notice from Stern, but hopefully soon. I will post here as soon as I have an ETA for when the pin will arrive, and the auction will end.

After consulting with the major supporters and top bidder, I have made an important change to the auction. I have changed the charity to receive the funds from the Glioblastoma Foundation to the Cancer Research Institute.

The reason for this is that after doing some research, the Glioblastoma Foundation is actually a very small charity (~$400k per year in funds raised) with only ~25% of raised monies going to support research programs. The Cancer Research Institute is a major charity funding immunotherapies for many cancer types (including brain cancers like Glioblastoma), with almost 90% of monies raised going to fund research programs. In consulting with the top bidder and the major donors, we all agreed that we would like as much of the monies raised in this auction to go to charity as possible. I have made the changes to the ad listing.

One side benefit of the change is that the Cancer Research Institute has a really nice website for creating fund raising pages. I have created one for this auction:

https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/FlipForGoodRushLE

I have also made my $8000 matching donation to help get the ball rolling, while we are waiting on my Rush LE to ship so we can put a proper close to this auction. I will make a second donation for the net proceeds from the sale of this pin after the auction closes.

If you would like to support this effort, please feel free to make any donations you're comfortable with at the above sight. We are within spitting distance of raising $30,000 to help find a cure for this and other cancers, which is humbling and awe inspiring. Thank you for everyone that has stepped up to help make this type of statement on behalf of our community. This really is way beyond anything I could have hoped for, but hopefully we can raise the bar higher still.

#35 2 years ago

Thank you Oiler2112 for your $2112 donation this morning! Incredible generosity, and from the heart (his donation comment copy/pasted below)

"Rush and Neil in particular have always been an inspiration to me. They brought so much joy to my life and also made me think about many subjects. Besides being arguably the best drummer of all time, Neils lyrics are always thought provoking. They are all just very down to earth good canadian boys, who just happened to come together to form the best band ever, in my humble opinion. I hope this donation can help to conquer this disease that took down my hero, Mr Neil Peart (The Professor)."

#36 2 years ago

Mr. George Sinchuk, if you're here on Pinside and reading this, thank you brother for your $300 donation, and supporting this effort!

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Mr. George Sinchuk, if you're here on Pinside and reading this, thank you brother for your $300 donation, and supporting this effort!

your welcome, brother died of cancer in 2007 . glad to help out..

#38 2 years ago

I got shipping notice from Stern today! Currently scheduled to be delivered to San Diego (and officially end this auction) Friday this week(!)

I will be posting more frequent updates right up until close. Thank you again everyone for the incredible community support for this effort!

#39 2 years ago

The pin may be a little hung over when it arrives tomorrow....I'll have the Advil ready to go

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#40 2 years ago

Apparently the hangover was worse than expected. Just got a call from FedEx, and delivery is scheduled for Monday afternoon. I'll post updates here as I have a better delivery time (reminder: auction formally ends when the pin is sitting on the floor in my garage Monday afternoon)

Have a great weekend everyone!

#41 2 years ago

Today's the day! The charity pin is out for delivery.

Reminder that auction closes when the pin sits down on my garage floor. I will post a pic with timestamp to officially close things out.

For anyone interested in supporting the effort, please consider donating what you're comfortable with at our fund raising page:

https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/fundraiser/3775282

We're getting to material numbers on that page, with another $16k or so already committed.

Thank you again everyone for your support and encouragement in this multi-month process, and excited to close things out later today!

#42 2 years ago

10 minute warning for any auction snipers out there...

#43 2 years ago

And that’s a wrap! The winning bid is an amazing $21120!

I will do final tallies this afternoon, but thank you everyone for an amazingly successful fundraiser

425420BD-D9B8-4980-ACAD-B5B6F773EFA7 (resized).jpeg425420BD-D9B8-4980-ACAD-B5B6F773EFA7 (resized).jpeg
#44 2 years ago

Thanks Ray for making this happen, it was a lot of work on your part and it is GREATLY appreciated.

Also, a huge thanks to the buyer of this great pin and everyone who donated to this very worthwhile cause!!

#45 2 years ago

To close out my piece of this auction, the final proceeds from the auction itself was $21,120 (winning bid) - $12,282.43 (what I paid) = $8,837.57

I'm delighted to say that I've completed this donation to the fundraiser page at the Cancer Research Institute https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/fundraiser/3775282

I will leave the fundraiser page open for a couple more weeks for others that would like to support the effort, and for others that made a pledge that would prefer to make donations through the fund raising sight.

MANY thanks again to everyone for making this an incredible success. When all is said and done and the remaining donations get made, the community will have raised more than $27,000 (!!!) to support cancer research in honor of Neil Peart. That is the real deal, and will help make a real difference.

Thank you again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-for-good-charity-auction-for-rush-le?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.