(Topic ID: 324050)

FLIP FOR GOOD: Charity Auction for James Bond 007 (LE)

By ray-dude

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ray-dude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Thunderball (resized).jpg
pasted (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ray-dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FLIP FOR GOOD: Charity Auction for James Bond 007 (LE)

Added: 2022-10-16 22:18:23 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (February 21st, 2023) • Ended: April 17th, 2023
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 14,406

Item description

******* Donation Page *******

https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/FlipForGoodJamesBondLE

******** Starting Bid *********

$14,406 (currently net to charity: $0)

******** Sweeteners *********

- All proceeds above what I paid being donated to the Cancer Research Institute
- Dollar for dollar match by me, up to $8000
- (if you'd like to add a sweetener to this auction, please drop a PM, and I will list here)

- $1000 donated from sale of my TS4 CE (thank you Joe!)
- $100 donation from John Merola (thank you John!)
- $250 anonymous donation (thank you)

Folks, earlier this year I was fortunate enough to score a Stern Insider Rush LE.

With all the negative energy around LE flipping, I put it up for a charity auction, and with the help of the community here we raised almost $28k (!!!) for Cancer Research

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-for-good-charity-auction-for-rush-le

I was fortunate enough to score a Stern Insider James Bond LE (fully paid for, being shipped to me directly from Stern). The flipping craze isn't what it used to be, but I am putting that up for charity auction to see if we can do some more good as a community.

Every penny above what I've paid to Stern ($14,406 USD after sales tax and shipping) will be donated to the Cancer Research Institute:

To sweeten the deal, I will personally match the donation amount dollar for dollar, up to a maximum of $8000. By way of example, rounding to keep math simple, if winning bid is $16k and all in $14.5k goes to Stern, I will donate $3000 ($1.5k flip for good profit, plus $1.5k from me as a thank you to the bidder for digging deep) to the Cancer Research Institute.

If others feel moved to help sweeten the deal or donate something to the auction, drop a PM. Happy to pile on and do even more good. I will update this post with any sweeteners that folks are moved to contribute.

The recent price increase from Stern means less opportunity to raise funds with this sort of auction, but there is still good to be done. Hopefully this is a chance for a pinball loving James Bond/George Gomez super fan to do some good, and feel good about their LE purchase.

It is a long shot for us to hit $28k this time, but with the holidays here and what looks like an amazing game, I'm hoping the James Bond/Gomez fans will give the Rush/Borg fans a good run.

Let's dig deep folks, and Flip for Good!!

Ray

Terms:

Pin is being delivered to San Diego California. Alas, because Stern has already taken payment, not able to change their shipping address.

Buyer to pick up or arrange shipping at own expense. I'm happy to work with you to get the pallet to your shipper. Sale complete as soon as pallet leaves my garage.

Bid by private message to me please. I will post top bid to the thread to preserve privacy of bidders (although if you want to post to the thread to show support, please go ahead...I will go by bids to my PM though)

Auction ends the moment when the pallet touches the ground in my garage. I will post with a pic to the thread so we have a timestamp set.

Payment by cash or bank transfer please (for clarity, bid is price net to me, so we don't eat into the donation value)

I will work with buyer to arrangement payment/pickup/shipping. I'll post final donation details here with a final thank you when all is said and done.

For any sweeteners being offered by others, so I'm not a middle man, winner to work directly with them.

If suggestions come through on how to improve this process, I'll check with top bidder if they're OK with the change, and if so, update these terms.

(Special thanks to Robin and the Pinside crew for signing off on this auction, and their support to help make it happen...thanks guys!)

Item photos

Thunderball (resized).jpg
pasted (resized).png

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ray-dude's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ray-dude's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

San Diego, CA, US

#2 1 year ago

I would be very remiss if I didn't call out and thank Hemispheres , Vino , SerenityNow , Oiler2112 , and the anonymous buyer and all the anonymous pinsiders that contributed to my Rush LE charity auction (hope I didn't miss anyone!). Raising $28k for cancer research is no joke, and beers on me wherever and whenever we meet.

1 week later
#5 1 year ago

P1nhead i am so sorry for your loss. So devastating to lose a loved one. Wishing you and your family peace and healing.

I will set up the CRI donation page later this week, and update here. Folks will be able to donate directly there

So much is happening in the world of therapies right now and CRI is right on the middle of a lot of it.

#6 1 year ago

Folks, I have set up the fund raiser page with CRI:

P1nhead SerenityNow Thank you for the nudge to get this set up, and your support.

1 month later
#7 1 year ago

Sister fund raising auction for my Toy Story 4 CE pre order spot just ended, with a $1000 donation going to Cancer Research Institute. Many thanks to RumRunner for his support for this effort (hope you enjoy the game Joe!)

2 weeks later
#8 1 year ago

For those that may be interested in bidding, I have my delivery notice on the Bond LE up for auction. It is scheduled to be delivered Wednesday morning. No bids at this point, but if you are interested, bidding closes upon delivery to my garage Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful (and safe) New Year!

#9 1 year ago

Many thanks to the anonymous donor of $250 to this effort. I hope that these holidays bring happy memories, and appreciation for the impact those we've lost have had on our lives.

#10 1 year ago

James Bond LE #108 delivered to San Diego, so auction is officially over.

Alas, no bidders on the unit, so I'll do a reset on what we can do next (still hoping to raise funds with this pin). Many thanks to the folks that have made donations to the Cancer Research Institute fund raising page in support of this effort.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ray-dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-for-good-charity-auction-for-james-bond-007-le?tu=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.