• Latest reply 2 years ago by Firemedic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED1277F7-C9C5-41A5-B348-C0760300E872 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I have been restoring a Flip Flop and I have a problem I cannot find a resolution for. When I power it on and start up a game the ball count lights work just fine. Lights are bright and advance when they are supposed to. After the first game and during the next the lights flicker out and stop working though the ball count unit still advances. . I have played with the ball count unit, tried to wiggle the spider to get the lights to at least flicker but doesn't work. I can get the lights to come back on by activating the game over relay and starting another game. I have been over the schematics and cannot find a cause.

I have cleaned and serviced the ball count unit. Checked continuity of the wires to the lights in the backbox. I am at a loss.

#2 2 years ago

Check the game over relay brown wire to gray- red wire switch. Clean and make sure it has good contact.

#3 2 years ago

It should be a make-break switch with the other part having a blue-yellow wire.

#4 2 years ago
ED1277F7-C9C5-41A5-B348-C0760300E872 (resized).jpegED1277F7-C9C5-41A5-B348-C0760300E872 (resized).jpeg
#5 2 years ago

Thanks all! Got it figured out, It was the make or break switch on the GO relay. I had already cleaned and adjusted it but it was ever so slighty off so it would at times make an intermittent connection. It's solid now!

Now I have to figure out why I have one weak flipper and I have rebuilt it, New EOS switch. Next will check the wiring. It is the upper right flipper and the lower right one works fine so I know the circuit is OK.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-flop-ball-count-lights-work-then-stop?hl=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.