(Topic ID: 275384)

Flip a Card weak slingshots

By Sea_Wolf

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wawhite92025.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 3 years ago

FYI,
I have a Flip-A-Card with all original parts but everything has been cleaned. As I recall the rubber rings I got from PBR were too floppy and I dropped down a size. My sling coils are obviously original parts and are more than powerful enough for the game. Krynski's use of asymmetrical slingshots is just pure genius and add to the wacky fun of this game. I also set the switch contacts to close with very little movement of the rings, so the pulse from the coil really smacks the ball very very quickly. I do not see any need to try to make the stock coil any more powerful than it is unless it does not have the correct resistance, and at that point i would just invest in new coils from your favorite source. I did switch to yellow dot coils for the flippers just for the fun of sending the ball up to the top of the playfield at rapid speed. I drove a 3500 mile round trip to get mine. Playfield is badly worn (I think the paint that was applied to FAC and Card Trix was too thin) but the game plays good as new. I also have a Card Trix but it is on "permanent" loan to a retirement community.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wawhite92025.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-a-card-weak-slingshots-?tu=wawhite92025 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.