4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I completely rebuilt the spin unit on my Flip a Card. It steps easily and perfectly, one step at a time, manually.

However, when it actually spins during game play, it is skipping every other number. For example, if it starts on the 8, it's going to stay on the "even" numbers all the way around. You can watch it missing the next insert up before going on to the one after that.

I was wondering if anyone else has noted this, if it is normal game behavior, or if there's something I'm missing here. I get a great spin, it goes around multiple times, but missing steps doesn't seem right to me.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

Is it an AS style relay? If so, can you adjust the position of the actuator plate to the spindle to change the force at which it is actuating?

#3 4 years ago

Looks like like it is solved. I took it out of the game and did some adjusting of the finger spring and made sure everything is tight. Similar to a decagon, if that spring doesn't engage the teeth of the gear correctly, it can cause the wipers to try and reverse as the unit steps.

I got out the manual for my Big Indian and it has the adjustment steps for the AS. That helped too. We'll see how it works going forward.

Thanks for the reply and the help, Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-a-card-spin-unit-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.