7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Rebuilding a badly hacked spin unit on my Flip A Card referencing a history of past posts (many helpful ones from TimMe).

The unit now correctly loads, spins freely and spots a card each time. However there are a few remaining issues:

1) As the unit is spinning and the spin relay is advancing, the lights in the circle on the playfield do not 'travel' (as I have seen on some YouTube videos of the game). I cleaned the spin relay path with alcohol swabs, a green scotch brite pad and put a light coating of teflon lube on the circuit path. I know all the lights on the playfield work, they just won't light up as the unit 'spins' around the cards. Can the tension of the feelers be adjusted? (just a stab in the dark).

2) As the unit is spinning, you can hear it slow and almost stop and award the card it landed on, but then it seems to have just enough power to advance to the next light. For example, it will spin (per above, I can hear it but not see the lights traveling), then slow and land on a number (say the '7'). It will briefly light, award it card (score points, chimes ring, kick out hole activated) BUT, then it will jump to the next number in the sequence (e.g. the '6' card) which will then light up. In a way, this doesn't affect the game play as it correctly spun and awarded a card, but it is annoying.

Thanks for any and all help. Love the game and just a few teething tweaks away from working perfectly.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Tim.

I will check on both items and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-a-card-spin-light-via-spin-relay?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.