• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4036 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_4047 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Finishing up the restoration of the Flip A Card I picked up in December. I'm happy with how the overall game and particularly the playfield turned out (I have seen many completely worn out play fields on FAC).

IMG_4047 (resized).JPGIMG_4047 (resized).JPG

IMG_4048 (resized).JPGIMG_4048 (resized).JPG

Working through some startup issues, but I do have a question on the spin unit and would appreciate any help. There is a wire attached at one end to the bracket that holds the solenoid that 'winds up' the spinner. It was clearly clipped, but I can't see where it would have been attached to on its other end.

I've looked at the IPDB and searched Pinside and RGP for images of FAC (or even Spin A Card) that may have helped but have come up blank. I also have the schematics but couldn't see it on there. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_4036 (resized).JPGIMG_4036 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Hitch9 -

Thanks, that would be great.

While you are looking at that, can you also check to see how the red&white wire that is just above and to the left of the pen in my image is soldered in your game?

It was loose on my game, but looked to be soldered to the left side lug on the switch that is activated by the spinner. The thing I wasn't sure about is that there are actually two blades connected by a short lead between the lugs and so the wire is in effect connected to both.

Thanks again. Great game.

#6 7 years ago

Problem solved thanks to Hitch9.

He sent me some nice close-up photos of his spinner (which did not have a ground wire on the coil cap screw).

But the bigger problem he helped me identify was that I had a broken lug on one of the spin pulse switches. This led me to incorrectly solder the loose RW wire to the a different set of switches. By looking at the close up photo (below), I could see what I was missing.

I unsoldered the stack, fixed the broken leaf switch and now it works much better. Not perfect, but I will start another post on that! I'll check the harness in the area for a loose ground wire. Given the number of hacks on the machine, who knows what happened.

Thanks again to Hitch9

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-a-card-pics-and-spin-unit-question?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.