2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Have an issue with my FAC.

The game will NOT start up when the start button on the door is pushed (credits are on the game).

If I manually trigger the 'S' relay, the game starts and plays completely normally. Note that I have to manually engage the relay TWICE.... the first time I do it, the score motor moves slightly (maybe 1/8 of a turn), the second time I engage the 'S' relay the full startup sequence (relay banks fire, score reels restet, etc.) begins and the game plays normally through all 5 balls.

When the game is over, the 'Game Over' bulb lights on the apron, the match number bulb lights and the flashing lights behind the FAC name on the back glass come on. But - a new game will NOT start up when you hit the red start button.

One odd thing I discovered by accident is that if I tilt the game (thus ending the game), then a new game WILL start up using the red start button.

I'm thinking maybe there is a switch not fully opening/closing on the 'Game Over' relay? Don't know if that is a critical path when starting a new game.

I have the schematics but this kind of sleuthing is usually beyond my ability to read them.

As always thanks for any help and I will report back with progress.

#3 2 years ago

Otaku -

Thanks, I will check that out.

Just got the game and I will set to free play after I get everything else ironed out. Just noted that in my post to address that as a (non) issue.

Does the fact that when it tilts it will then start up jive with the home switch issue?

#5 2 years ago

Otaku -

I looked at the card on the inside of the cabinet and there was nothing labeled as the 'home' switch. What does it control? (for example, the 2B motor switch controls the "H, O, S, W and XX Relay Lockins". Thanks -

#7 2 years ago

SOLVED

Thanks Otaku, I cleaned and adjusted the Motor Runout Switch and now is consistently starts up with the coin door button.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside