7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like your score motor might not be traveling home correctly or is detecting home position too early (and forcing on the start relay returns it home, which is why it does that the first time then works the second time), adjust/clean the home position switch on the motor, there should be a score motor switch chart stapled on the inside of your cabinet and if that's missing it's on the schematic.

My Domino does the same thing after I had to rebuild part of the score motor, going to have to go in and redo it.

Otherwise there are a few things in the path of the start button to the start relay, such as the switch on the credit unit. Your game isn't set for free play by closing the switch on the credit unit yet? Do you prefer coins?

#4 7 years ago

When a game starts up out of tilt hold (tilt is actually the "default" state, which is even more evident since all Gottliebs start up in tilt, or if pre-late-60's, fully dark (as both the 120v hold relay, removed later on, and the 30v hold relay aren't locked on)) it has to not only start the game but put it into the 30v hold first. I can only guess perhaps that is somehow allotting more time for the motor to return home just before it kicks into the rest of the start sequence, but at the same time it's a bit blurry to see how that would even happen and is nothing more than a guess.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Otaku -
I looked at the card on the inside of the cabinet and there was nothing labeled as the 'home' switch. What does it control? (for example, the 2B motor switch controls the "H, O, S, W and XX Relay Lockins". Thanks -

It should be labeled as "Motor Runout Sw." or something close to that wording, my apologies, the term I used is what we use around here but is not what it's called on the chart.

#8 7 years ago

Great to hear! Have fun with it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-a-card-not-starting-up-after-game-over?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.