(Topic ID: 283775)

Flip a Card game reset issue (constant reset)

By Daube-N

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TimMe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201214_120926 (resized).jpg
    Machine (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I've had this Flip A Card game since the late 70's (bought as a Christmas Gift by my parent in abotu 79) and its been moved 2x since, once to their new home and today to mine. My father went through the machine and replaced all the rubber bumpers and tried to solve an issue with the game reset. When first turned on and sometimes when the game is over and reset, it continues to reset and the relay motor in the base spins constantly. He said he cleaned all the contacts and had it working with only occasional issues. When moved he removed the Wedge Head from the Base Cabinet and disconnected the 4 terminals to the head (the ones with a bunch of plugs). When we got it home and put it back together it is again having the reset issue and I cant figure out where to start looking. I need help. I don't remember having any issues with it before.

20201214_120926 (resized).jpg20201214_120926 (resized).jpgMachine (resized).jpgMachine (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

The control bank might not be resetting. Check the fuses for the bank reset coils.

#3 3 years ago

Hi Nathan, Welcome to pinside!

Reply sent in private message

#4 3 years ago

Congrats! This is one of my favorite wedgeheads.

The control bank might not be properly seated in the two side brackets. Make sure that the control bank is seated fully into the slots on both brackets. You will probably need to loosen the wing nuts to re-seat the bank. Once it is seated properly, make sure that the wing nuts are cinched down good and tight.

- TimMe

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-a-card-game-reset-issue-constant-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.