2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

The ball count reset on this game is actuated by the same pulse that trips the SB (reset) relay, the total play meter, and the subtract replay coil. If none of these devices are getting a pulse, I would check the motor 2C switch stack for a switch that is dirty or out of adjustment. I would also check the S (start) relay switches, and clean and adjust as needed.

If the other devices are getting a pulse, but the ball count reset coil is not, then it sounds like the problem is specific to the wiring for the ball count reset coil, or the ball count reset coil itself is bad. It could also be that there is a mechanical binding problem with the reset arm on the ball count unit.

If I were having this issue, I would first check whether I was getting a pulse to the ball count reset coil. If I could feel the reset plunger trying to pull in when I started a game, but it didn't actually reset the unit, then I would then look for a mechanical issue with the ball count stepper.

On the other hand, if I could not feel the ball count reset plunger trying to pull in, then I would check the wiring to the coil. In particular I would want to confirm that the daisy-chain return wire (the black wire) was not disconnected somewhere. The easiest way to do this is to check for voltage with a meter between the solder lug of the ball count reset coil with the black wire, and the 25 VAC fuse. If there is no voltage, I would suspect a broken daisy-chain (black) wire somewhere upstream from the ball count unit.

If I got a voltage reading (ie, the black wire connection to the transformer is OK), then the next thing I would do is connect a jumper wire from the 25 VAC fuse to the solder lug on the ball count reset coil that has the YEL+RED wire. That should make the coil fire. If the coil doesn't fire, I would replace the coil. If the coil does fire, I would look for a broken YEL+RED wire connection somewhere upstream from the ball count unit.

- TimMe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-a-card-ball-count-unit-not-resetting-?tu=TimMe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.