Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rogerdodger
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Fliptronic (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hi Guys:

Both the upper and lower flipper on the right hand side of the playfield are energizing and staying energized, as soon as the game is powered up, before even starting a game. I know, from past experience, that any solenoid that is constantly energized is often the result of a failed transistor.

I put my analog meter across the middle leg and the left leg of each transistor and transistor numbers 4 and 8 (reading down from the top on the attached pic) are reading 2 ohms but all the other transistors read 60 ohms. I then retested putting one lead on the middle leg and the other lead on the right leg of each transistor and got the same results. Does this mean that these 2 transistors are bad?

I swapped a board from another game and all OK, so I know this board is the problem.

The board is a PinLED Fliptronics board. I e-mailed them to request a schematic but received no reply. I can't read schematics anyway!!

Any help appreciated

Roger

Fliptronic (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

I'd go into switch edge test and see if both optos on the right hand flipper button opto board work.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd go into switch edge test and see if both optos on the right hand flipper button opto board work.
LTG : )

Switch edge tests work fine..... and board from another game works perfect, so it is clearly a board problem.

#4 2 years ago

Replace the transistors that tested bad.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Replace the transistors that tested bad.

So my basic test confirms that those 2 transistors are bad?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

So my basic test confirms that those 2 transistors are bad?

Confirmation anyone?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside