image-106.jpg
image-36.jpg
image-768.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSC07285.JPG
machine-585.jpg
1455092_10152032136677731_1724772310_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphypeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hey folks. I'm cleaning up (turning into a "rebuild") a Flintstones for my daughters Christmas. I'm finishing up with cleaning the machine and putting the new rubbers on. I have a question about the two posts in the middle that hold the plastics circle.

They are indented like they should have rubbers across them too. Should they? The picture I saw on IPDB didn't have any, and mine didn't but if they don't the balls hit the metal posts. I was thinking they should at least have the rubber sleeves like the ones that go around the circle.

Can someone help answer this? Thanks in advance.
Murphy

#6 10 years ago

Here is a shot from the IPDB (it's too cold for me to want to walk out to the shop right now).

Notice the Two pins below the plastic in the center. They are indented to take rubber o-rings. But this clean looking example has no rings either.

For you two that have rings between these two posts, how does it play with them there? Kinda naturally I assume?
Thanks so very much for the responses. I was worried that FS had no love.
Murph

machine-585.jpgmachine-585.jpg

#15 10 years ago

Great Stuff! I'm going to add the rubbers rings today and finish that corner of the playfield. It's the first area I started working on and I've given myself a week to get this pin cleaned up. I went through the underside of the playfield last week and corrected many missing parts, burned out bulbs, etc. This is one dirty pin. It has black dust everywhere and I have to believe it's NEVER been cleaned up around the upper playfield.

But it's cleaning up nicely. I'll post a few pics later tomorrow. Thanks again for the replies. I'll try to hunt down the flintstone thread mentioned too!

Oh wait... one last thing. How does the alternative playfield sticker hold up to play? The one I've got (and yet to put on) looks very well done/high end. But I worry about how it would look down the road.

#18 10 years ago

Somebody get Trudeau on the phone!!
I'm going to have to argue that the picture on the flyer is wrong. (believe it or not) And that Post sleeves would be wrong too. Without rings there, the ball hits a lock nut, and I just can't see Trudeau designing it that way.
Why would the two center posts HAVE indents for the rings if they weren't meant to be there? Not trying to be argumentative. What a fun game though!

I'm taking the dive into the bowling alley this weekend. I'm going to replace the pins with new fresh ones. Say a prayer for me guys!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

And good luck with the bowling alley pins. I had to re-cut the metal flapper on mine.
Luckily it's just ramp steel and i had a roll of if it. But I had to borrow a buddies riveter to attach the new flap.
Oh, and if anyone's bowling pins tend to pop out from a ricochet or errant ball, I discovered a great way to keep it from falling off.
Find a thin, small washer and cut a slice into it. Then you can wedge it under the "T" section on top of the pin so it won't slip through.

Holy Crap! I didn't think it was going to be this involved. Now I'm wishing someone designed replaced Mylar'd decals.

#24 10 years ago

Thanks guys! I'll be digging into it in the morning. Quick break to run some toys down to the Newberry Boys Farm down the road after lunch, then back on it before dinner. I really appreciate all the help.

#25 10 years ago

The Pin replacement was a breeze. I just hope I can get it all back together this weekend! LOL
Ramps, switches, rails, etc all came off. Unbelievable how dirty this game was, but it's cleaning up beautifully.
At the rate I'm going I'll be happy to get the left side of the playfield cleaned and put back together.

Question. The machine screws which hold the switches onto the ramps. One of mine was stripped out and isn't going to go back in. Where Can I buy the screws and threaded backing plate? I'm going to put it back together with one, but it's easy to get to later down the road. I want to replace it before my daughters play it at Christmas.
Thanks!

#27 10 years ago

IMG_0857.JPGIMG_0857.JPGIMG_0844.JPGIMG_0844.JPG
Here are shots of how dirty it's been. All the under playfield inserts are covered in black along with all the bulbs. You can see the ones I've cleaned off, versus the ones under them that I haven't. And also the upper lanes before I've touched any of that. But again, it's cleaning up nicely.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from thewolks:

Use a small nut if you're talking about the one that goes through the playfield into the plate underneath.

Nah, it's the ULTRA SMALL machine screws that connect the ball switches on the ramps and rails. They run through the switch and the screw into a threaded backing plate to hold the switches above the ramps.

1 week later
#29 10 years ago

I finally got Flintstones up and running well. Only two minor switch issues that do not effect game play. One question - I made "the machine" during multiball.... is the machine supposed to run the entire time of multi ball? It felt that way.

Also - Does it sometimes take as long as a minute for a ball to come out of it???
Thanks!

#31 10 years ago

gotcha. I will check Machine times once the Christmas unveiling happens. If there's a problem with long spin times, I'm going to bet it's a switch. I only got two faults when I finished servicing the game, and one was the Machine entrance switch. Which I chalked up to it being VERY loose up and down. So that when the ball comes through it, the arm actually moves up and over the ball, and doesn't "click" as the ball enters the machine. that must activate a timer. No problem replacing it though. But I just don't have time before Christmas.

The nice thing for me, is that I actually drive right by Marco Pinball in Columbia every Friday during work. So I stop in there and pester them once a week for little niggily part issues, which they are always able to help with! I am SPOILED. It's like having your own pinball parts department right in the neighborhood. It's my local hardware store!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 37.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphypeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-williams-question-about-the-machine?tu=murphypeoples and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.