3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Blamer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220105_114110 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

On my Flintstones, hitting the right flipper increases the score 800,000 points.

Unfortunately I can't just do a switch test to see what's being triggered because I can't activate the right flipper during a switch test.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

#2 3 years ago

Your on the right track with vibrations causing a switch closure. I would put the game in switch test and knock on the playfield near the right flipper to see if you can find the switch closure.

#3 3 years ago

I'm wondering which switch gives 800K on a hit and that would narrow it down quite a bit to check

#4 3 years ago

Pin guy is right tap near slingshot no switch closer tap harder see what activates you have one switch to close to other contact can be a micro switch sometimes where arm needs to be adjusted

#5 3 years ago

Ok, wasn't from vibration but inconsistent 12v supply to the drop target opto board due to the jumper for the dino/building led mod. The "D" bedrock drop target was blinking when you hit the flipper.

The voltage drop? from setting off both right flippers simultaneously was messing with the opto board. Removing the jumper out of line for the dino mod corrected the problem.

10 months later
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Ok, wasn't from vibration but inconsistent 12v supply to the drop target opto board due to the jumper for the dino/building led mod. The "D" bedrock drop target was blinking when you hit the flipper.
    The voltage drop? from setting off both right flippers simultaneously was messing with the opto board. Removing the jumper out of line for the dino mod corrected the problem.

Today I noticed the exact same problem with the right flipper that increases the score by 800,000 and the blinking "D" in bedrock.
    It also suddenly starts the "go for the strike" mode without it being fired, I wonder what could have caused these problems.
    Could you please explain me how did you fix your problem? I didn't quite understand

Thanks

#7 2 years ago

The 800,000 opto problem is going to be on the opto bank for those drop targets. Try cleaning the optos.

As for the go for strike mode I’m not sure what switch triggers that. Pull the glass and test switches during gameplay to find out which switch triggers that mode. If the switch is an opto it may be dirty. If it’s a micro switch check the solder joints on it or the switch may be worn out.

To fix my D drop bank problem I had to replace the opto for the D target on the board.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

The 800,000 opto problem is going to be on the opto bank for those drop targets. Try cleaning the optos.
    As for the go for strike mode I’m not sure what switch triggers that. Pull the glass and test switches during gameplay to find out which switch triggers that mode. If the switch is an opto it may be dirty. If it’s a micro switch check the solder joints on it or the switch may be worn out.
    To fix my D drop bank problem I had to replace the opto for the D target on the board.

Thanks for your answer!
    It was this board:
    20220105_114110 (resized).jpg20220105_114110 (resized).jpg
    It was the "O" of Rock that was causing the problem (not the D as I wrote before), by disconnecting the board the problems went away.

Do you know how the board is called so that I can buy a new one in case cleaning it wouldn't fix the problem?

Edit: maybe replacing the opto is enough
    Edit2: fixed. cleaning everything with IPA, even ribbon connectors and pins, worked fine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-right-flipper-increases-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.