Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Engine09
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Trying to solve an issue and wondering if it's mechanical or a CPU problem.

Balls are no longer being sent left to the machine. When balls are fed to the Bronto, no problem. Diverter extends and then kicks them to the right. Diverter works in test mode also.

My question, when balls are to be fed left to the machine, are they supposed to bounce off the motionless diverter and go left or be kicked left by the diverter?

Thank you

#2 10 years ago

Just one bump before I remove the CPU board and start investigating traces and chips. I'm suspecting it's a separate signal that tells the diverter to kick left.

#3 10 years ago

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. The one in my collection is at my mom's house and I don't have much experience on it, but when we were putting in a light mod in the concrete area and tested I could have sworn that the balls were kicked left by the diverter. You might want to post in the Flintstones thread and see if those guys can help, because they've torn their machines down to shop them completely and put them back together. I'm at work and my computer is being slow, but I'll try to link the thread for you.

#4 10 years ago

OK, just looked at mine. The diverter does in fact move the ball to the right, but not the left. The ball just bounces off it into the machine. I just ran multi ball to see it happen a few times. Is your vuk aligned properly? Tight? What about the volcano itself, aligned properly? If ya' notice the diverter has a flat piece on it that bounces the ball left. And yeah man, join the Flintstones owners club. Loads of good helpful folks there. ~SpOoKy

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for checking that out, I just replaced the vuk sleeve and adjusted the flat metal guide, works 100% now. Ball hits the diverter and bounces left into the machine during multiball. Typical, always thinking it's more complicated than it is.

Thanks again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-question-volcano-kicker-diverter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.