You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010113.JPG
P1010112.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hi all !

I'm looking for the size of rubbers to put on the posts below the two ramp ends on my Flinstones.

The machine came without any rubbers on these posts and when the ball gets out of the left ramp (mutliball is a good example), it tends to bounce on the slingshot rubber and go directly to the outer lane ! Bad game experience !

I think posts are 02-4434 reference but didn't find any info in the manual, either on the post or the related rubbers.
I'm hesitating between 3/8 OD and 7/16 OD rubbers, but i might as well be someting else. I don't have much experience in this.

Here are two photos of the posts.

P1010112.JPGP1010112.JPG

P1010113.JPGP1010113.JPG

Additionnal question : these posts are fixed in slots, not in simple holes.
I suppose it's for adjustment but what is the purpose ?
Making the game easier or harder by changing the outer lane access, or catching and bouncing the ball correctly in the inner lane when it gets out of the ramp ? Maybe both ?

#2 9 years ago

Anyone with an idea ?

Too specific question ?

#3 9 years ago

I have the same issue with mine. The rubbers on the inlane post are too big. The ball hangs up in an outlane drain. Should be easy enough to figure out what works best.

#4 9 years ago

I cut my rubbers down on the side it gets stuck on and tried to move the post away from the sling and tighten it. Really tricky post but once you work with it it should be fine. I used a regular small post rubber.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I cut my rubbers down on the side it gets stuck on and tried to move the post away from the sling and tighten it. Really tricky post but once you work with it it should be fine. I used a regular small post rubber.

Even with the small rubber post you still had to cut it down?

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the input !
I think i'm going to order both sizes and I'll tell you what works best for me, including post positioning.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Even with the small rubber post you still had to cut it down?

Yep, ball catches a lot there on the left side. Just shave a little off the rubber and you should be good.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Yep, ball catches a lot there on the left side. Just shave a little off the rubber and you should be good.

Yep, I ended up doing the same. Problem solved. Thanks!

6 months later
#9 9 years ago

Coming back with some news, after quite some time...

I just installed 7/16 OD rubbers on the posts and it fits well, no ball hang up with these.

It improves the outlane bounce problem when the ball comes out of the ramp, but does not totally eliminates it.

After some thinking i understood what is the cause : it's the diverter assemblies.
They have some lateral movement so when the ball hits the diverter metal plate, it produces a bounce effect while the ball falls from the ramp. This effect is amplified by the slingshot rubber.

Holding the diverter whith the finger eliminates the bounce effect and the ball always neatly takes the inlane without bouncing.

I don't have a fix yet, i don't know if the diverter lateral movement on its axis can be reduced.
Maybe it's due to wear on the coils tubing... ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-post-rubber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.