Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Need some help. I am new to the pinball owner scene and looking for input. I have always loved pinball and recently started my addiction. My first two pins were Taxi and High Speed. I am now looking for a more kid friendly one as my daughter is 8. There is a Flintstones locally that is for sale and we have played it and is pretty fun. I have always loved the R&B show and when I saw there was a pin I thought it looked fun. I have yet to play one thought. So i ask you, oh exaulted pinside members, for your thoughts and input. Thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago

Definitely Flintstones imo. It's a really fun game with great shots.

#3 6 years ago

No brainer, Flinstones all day long. Great game play DMD.

#4 6 years ago

Never cared for the flinstones backglass nor the plastic all over the place on the playfield. Just looks cheap. I would go with Rocky & Bullwinkle. Animated backglass is cool. To each his own......

#5 6 years ago

DEFINITELY flinstones in my book.

#6 6 years ago

As a new owner you’ll be able to pick up R&B significantly cheaper than Flintstones. Start with R&B fun game at a moderately low cost compared to other DMD pins.

#7 6 years ago

I vote Flintstones.

#8 6 years ago

Can't go wrong either way, do little kids know who R&B are now?

#9 6 years ago

Well here's mister know it all Played both a lot. I like the flintstones for the game, bowling alley, sounds are great. Downsides are art i.m.o.
R&B although I do not know the cartoon, I like the theme, call outs, music, art, tri-ball and interactive toys on the playfield and the backglass.

Both are great games, R&B should be a little bit cheaper than Flintstones.
Both will be fine as first machine.

If you can only buy one........Flintstones would be my choice, just because it is a Williams game.

#10 6 years ago

I'm biased, but I would go with R&B, love mine. Have played Flintstones, and enjoyed it, but not as much as R&B.

#11 6 years ago

R&b. I love mine!

#12 6 years ago

I think both are good pins and I have owned both, but Rocky & Bullwinkle is more fun and will keep you entertained longer than Flintstones. I miss my R&B but never really missed my Flintstones.

#13 6 years ago

Flintstones for me.

#14 6 years ago

Flintstones in a big way. Fun game.

And certainly wouldn't say it looks cheap. It's "world under glass" time baby! That apron is great.

The movie crossover never bothered me - it's The Flintsones. They did a great job of making it as cartoony as possible. Plus, it's got the legendary Harvey Korman doing callouts!

#15 6 years ago

For a child of 8 FS for sure.

Both are pretty junky though. At least FS has the bowling.

#16 6 years ago

Never played Flintstones, but owned an R&B, and really liked it...It's super fun; I def miss mine.

#17 6 years ago

I like Flintstones also, and hope to get one some day. I really would prefer one with the TV show playfield decal with a clearcoat over it. I have seen them come up, but not too often. It looks much better than the goofy-looking characters from the movie that come standard. And of course the TV show alternate translite. Just be careful which one you get! One is NOT family friendly. Its not immediately obvious at first, but once you see it, its, uh, like there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
$ 27.95
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-or-rocky-and-bullwinkle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.