Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ramsfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160119_213049_(resized).jpeg
20160119_213048_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

To sit along side of: Scared Stiff, No Good Gofers and Road Show which would buy and anyone know of either for sale?

#2 3 years ago

Tie. I have owned both. My FT is $2300. Nice playfield, faded cab.

#3 3 years ago

It depends.
Fish tales is a tougher game, that's well focused in and awesomely balanced.
FS is a horrible looking, playing, & sounding game that is good for a family.

#4 3 years ago

Fish tales is fun, but I couldn't stand the music, etc. And I wasn't a fan of the center ramp that takes up most of the pf. Fun game, just not my speed.

Flintstones is gorgeous to look at and has some amazing art. The smart ramps are really clever and the bowling shot is always fun.

Both are lighthearted pins great for family.

I prefer flintstones, but like both pins.

#6 3 years ago

Both have interesting layouts. FS is more unique..

I found the sound callouts for flintstones got old. Video mode in FT is a classic and love the theme. Would probably go with FT.

#7 3 years ago

I would say FT works well in a small collection. FS to me works out in a bigger collection...

#8 3 years ago

Have owned both at the same time and fish tales was much better for me and is one of the good deals you can still find

#9 3 years ago

FT is brutal but so much fun, IMO it's a top 20 pin. FS is just OK.

#10 3 years ago

I have owned both and fish tales gets my vote. I sold flintstones because it sat more times than not with not single play on it each night. It's not a theme that grabs everybody and you can have long ball times.

Fish tales all day long.

#11 3 years ago

FT for the win. Tougher game. Usually a fair bang for your buck.

FS could be good for families, but the kids will not know or care who the Flintstones are. Horrible looking, but a little better with the old school translite. Long play times that will make a good player yawn and, like Roadshow, has gone down in demand and value over the last year and a half for a reason. Wanted to like it and after a good first time around really dug in again when one sat for sale locally for $2200 for a while, but just didn't like it at all and could care less if I ever play it again. Ouch.

#12 3 years ago

I have both and while they both get good play, the Fish Tales is probably king 2 to 1. Something about that game people just like

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have both and while they both get good play, the Fish Tales is probably king 2 to 1. Something about that game people just like

I think that there are a few "somethings". The game is a total charmer. The call outs, "How big was it??" It has the greatest video mode ever bar none. Does it really get any better than shooting people on jet skis? How many consecutive boat ramp shots can you make? Stretching the truth. It's great hillbilly action for the inner hillbilly in all of us.

#14 3 years ago

Anyone in Michigan selling a Fish Tales?

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I think that there are a few "somethings".

hidden dongs in the backglass!! Am i right guys!

#16 3 years ago

Have both.
I give the vote to FT. Always gets the attention and the laughs.
Besides, much to my wife's chagrin, you can have more fun with a custom message on FT.

20160119_213048_(resized).jpeg

20160119_213049_(resized).jpeg

#17 3 years ago

Fish Tales is by far more appealing and its a great tournament game. I could never get into The Flintstones though I really like the look of the game.

#18 3 years ago

so far count is 12 to 1 for fishtales and the only vote for flintstones if from a member with one for sale

#20 3 years ago

Own both, really like them both. FS is under rated and a really great pin for the money. However, FT is a runaway favorite in my collection for everyone who comes over and plays. Something about that game!

Do what I say you should do: buy both!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Statesboro, GA
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside