• Latest reply 1 year ago by parsonsaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
C4712B0F-AF12-476B-A880-6C068016D091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have a Flintstones which was working 100%. We left the house for about 2 hours and I came back to find no display on the ColorDMD and it won’t start a game. However it seems to boot ok (gives the startup tone) and the playfield and backbox lights are doing their attract mode thing.

I visually inspected all the fuses on the boards and none of them are visibly blown. Does anyone have anything I should look at next before I start testing each fuse for continuity?

Here’s the current state of the backbox boards:

C4712B0F-AF12-476B-A880-6C068016D091 (resized).jpegC4712B0F-AF12-476B-A880-6C068016D091 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Update… it appears that F116 on the driver board is blown. Seems to be for secondary 12V. The 5v and 12v test points on the driver board test ok. Any idea what to look for that might have blown this fuse?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looks to me you have some questionable things going on in your backbox.
1. What else do you have connnected to the ColorDMD at J116? and to J118? Seems you have too much of a load on this 12VUnreg.
2. J120 has at least 4 burnt pins.
3. What is this board connected to J124 and J125?
4. What is with the green jumper wires? One looks to be attached to transistor Q70. Other end seems to be jumpered to a resistor. Scary stuff here.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the detailed response! I actually don't remember now what else is connected to the J116 and J118 connectors, other than the ColorDMD. I will have to check that.

I did notice the burnt pins on J120 and realize I need to redo that connector at some point.

The board at J124 and J125 is the driver board for some undercabinet lighting made by a pinside vendor. The transistor jumpers also belong to that.

#10 1 year ago

Just to close this out... I got my fuses today from Marco (seems that I had every other rating of fuse other than this one!) and the problem was resolved by replacing the fuse. Perhaps I'm living on borrowed time but the game had played 100% for a couple months in this configuration so I will let it ride for now.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-no-dmd-and-wont-start-a-game?tu=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.