• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09CF92F1-15C6-479D-83D7-676C516D8B77 (resized).jpeg
69FBD38C-DAC7-4965-80C0-884222E4EB21 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Recent purchase of a Flintstones. It doesn’t look like any of my flashers are working.

I tried the test mode, however, the diagnostics don’t seem to be cooperating either. I’m not great with boards and the like or reading schematics. Can someone point me in the right direction ( using layman’s terms if possible) for checking/fixing the flashers?

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

In test mode, do the coils work ? High power interlock switch pulled out ?

Moving on. Have you pulled and tested the flasher fuse with a meter ?

Are the bulbs good ?

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for responding.

The fuses are good, bulbs have been tested and replaced and dead ones.

Just learned about needing to have the interlock switch pulled out. I’ll try that and then run the test.

#4 3 years ago

Interlock switches appear to be a push in as opposed to pulled out. Does that sound correct? I tried the test with them pushed in and still no flashers.

The LED affiliated with power to the flashers is lit and the fuse tests positive for continuity.

Any other suggestions of what to look at?

09CF92F1-15C6-479D-83D7-676C516D8B77 (resized).jpeg09CF92F1-15C6-479D-83D7-676C516D8B77 (resized).jpeg69FBD38C-DAC7-4965-80C0-884222E4EB21 (resized).jpeg69FBD38C-DAC7-4965-80C0-884222E4EB21 (resized).jpeg
#5 3 years ago

Top switch is high power. Some pull out, others have to be held in.

Coin door closed. Game turned on. Check the 20 volt test point on the driver board in the head.

LTG : )

10 months later
#6 2 years ago

Had a similar issue. Change the fuse! Even if it seems good - change it! Works great now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-flashers-not-working- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.