Flintstones coil problem

By sporiii

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all,

I am from Hungary (with not very good english), and I have a Flintstones pinball...and so on I have some questions and problems...
The left flipper coil is not working well as I think... When machine is "working", the left flipper is so weak. Is it right or shall I buy a new coil?
Thanks for help

Laci

#2 9 years ago

Don't buy the coil. Buy one sleeve, coil stop, spring washer, and left plunger/link/crank assembly.

If the plastic coil sleeve won't come out of the old coil, go ahead and get a new coil, but usually new coils aren't needed.

PS: I would get a rebuild kit for both flippers and do them at the same time.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the fast answer.

I will do this.

#4 9 years ago

Stop. Don't go out and buy all that just yet.

Check to make sure the wiring to the coil lugs is good and nothing is loose. Make sure the eos switch is working properly as well and that the gap is right, as well as the wiring to the eos.

Also, is the flipper shaft tight? If it's loose, it'll make the flipper seem weak.

#5 9 years ago

Yeah, I assumed the game was "as-is" condition and was in need of a rebuild (like most).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-coil-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.