Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by robertg130
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

I just sold my Flintstones and the new owner got it home, played a few games and said there is now a problem with the balls loading into the shooter lane from the ball trough. I never had an issue with it and he feels I slighted him so I am trying to get some information for him to troubleshoot. I would first test the switches in the trough and shooter lane to make sure they were registering properly, but that wouldn't explain to me why the game couldn't provide enough power to kick out the ball. He also says that the game is trying to fire/shoot the ball (but no ball is loaded) by itself.

The right number of balls are loaded in the game, at least when it left here.

He has no internet right now so I can't show him tutorials on how to test switches, etc. Just trying to gather any information or resources I can provide to him which will help identify the issue.

Thanks!

#2 9 months ago

Maybe the plunger/coil bracket slipped down a little ? If too low on the ball trough, it won't kick balls up. If a tiny bit too high the plunger tip will trap the balls. There are four screws in elongated holes on the end of the ball trough to adjust it.

Also be sure the rubber grommet is at the bottom of the assembly where the plunger rests. If the plunger is too low in the coil it won't get a full whack.

LTG : )

#3 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe the plunger/coil bracket slipped down a little ? If too low on the ball trough, it won't kick balls up. If a tiny bit too high the plunger tip will trap the balls. There are four screws in elongated holes on the end of the ball trough to adjust it.
Also be sure the rubber grommet is at the bottom of the assembly where the plunger rests. If the plunger is too low in the coil it won't get a full whack.

Thanks!

#4 9 months ago

Would the trough jam switch being always closed be an issue (when the balls are removed from the game)? I don't know what to actually expect (or where that switch is since I don't have the game in front of me).

#5 9 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Would the trough jam switch being always closed be an issue (when the balls are removed from the game)? I don't know what to actually expect (or where that switch is since I don't have the game in front of me).

Optos by their nature are closed. Open when a ball is between them. Your ball trough opto boards have a row of optos for how many balls in the game :

@@@@@@ then when a ball is launched up to the shooter lane, there is one opto a little higher up the ball trough board *, that is your ball jam opto.

#6 9 months ago

Thanks, makes sense! So, in this case all of the trough switches should have been reported as closed if there were no balls?

He is also reporting "empty balls" does not do anything, but I can't be 100% sure he's testing it properly. I made sure to tell him balls needed to be in the trough and the door closed.

4 months later
#7 5 months ago

Problem here is elevation,I had the same problem,problem is mechanical due to balls not rolling down to the plunger,took out the thought unit and cleaned,also sanded for small particles and then ball rolled without problems

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside