• Latest reply 7 years ago by ramsfan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151003_224736 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

What do you guys think about the Flintstones pin? Is it fun? Worth to add to a collection?

I've seen that is based on the movie instead of the cartoon.... Are there any "conversion" kits? I can understand that it's easier to come up with an alternate translite, but when it comes to the PF art and specially the DMD animations, things get more complicated....

#2 7 years ago

Dude that's a great game don't change anything.

#3 7 years ago

Many owners have the PF overlay with cartoon and the G or adult version cartoon trans lite. The dmd looks great in color, movie scenes on it are not overly dominant. Popular game at my place. So much that we used it at my wedding for entertainment and it is now on loan to a friend.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Dude that's a great game don't change anything.

Nah.... I didn't like the movie at all but loved the cartoons!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Many owners have the PF overlay with cartoon and the G or adult version cartoon trans lite. The dmd looks great in color, movie scenes on it are not overly dominant. Popular game at my place. So much that we used it at my wedding for entertainment and it is now on loan to a friend.

Do you know where can I find the alternate translite and the PF overlay?

#6 7 years ago

We have flintstones at our club, and at first I thought i would be silly, but its actually a really great game!
Shame about the anticlimatic "wizardmode", but its great fun to play

#7 7 years ago

Very good game, like a combination of CFTBL and Judge dredd as far as rules go, I sold mine but would like another one day.

#8 7 years ago

Fun game, had a couple chances to pick them up over the years around $1800 but just can't peel off close to 3k for one nowadays.

#9 7 years ago

Mine outlasted AFM. Weird. Really fun game. It's a shame the mode timers don't freeze during the multiball intro because mode stacking is where it's at. You can stack just about everything and it gets crazy. Bowl a Rama, dicta bird modes, regular modes and concrete mb all going at once.
Super Jackpot looks easy enough but its tough from the upper flipper. I usually do better banking it off the ROCK targets.

The shots are fairly easy though, but every game doesn't need to be Avengers tight. Also bowling is fun. My high score in Bowling is 290. Sooooo close.

#10 7 years ago

Super fun game, highly recommend. Also, I thought I would want to "convert" it away from the movie, but I am glad I did not. I was a big fan of Flintstones cartoons as a kid. i went ahead and bought the movie on DVD and watched it, and when I play the pin, I still get a good dose of a nostalgic cartoon feeling, even though it is based on the movie. Hope that makes sense, but bottom line, I have no desire to convert... The money would be better spent on a Color DMD.

#11 7 years ago

I ended up buying this game five months ago. It was an impulse buy as I was trying to save money for the Hobbit. I am extremely happy with it, everyone that comes over plays this with a yabbadabba do time and I did the conversion; R-rated alternate cartoon night version translight and cartoon decal. I could not stomach having Rosie O'barfDonnel any where on the game I never watched the movie though, might be why I decided to make the switch. I would also recommend adding LED lights in the buildings, under the dinosaurs and a LED strip under the backbox(game is really dark in back), amber comet pinball matrix strip LEDs under the apron and she lights up beautifully! This is my sisters favorite pin, she set the grand champion when she visited me for my birthday and she doesn't play. The happiness and joy she had yabbadabba doing around the room was priceless. Next purchase will be the color dmd!

#12 7 years ago

I was really surprised was I first played it earlier this year. Great fun. Love the shots, ramps, and bowling feature. It is cartoonish and kinda easy but that's to be expected. Like mentioned above, artwork is kinda meh with movie arctors mixed with cartoon stuff. Prices are up there and puts it in stiff compitition with other really good pins.

#13 7 years ago

Never owned it but I've put a lot of time in on a local one and it's a lot of fun. I'd love to see one with extra lighting, though, I'd imagine it could really pop. I like the original translite a lot (idk why everyone gets their undies in a twist over Rosie O'Donnell) but the cartoon alt translite is really nice too.

#14 7 years ago

Yeah, it's worth it.
For some reason the last few years it's gone up in price but I really think it's a sleeper to more diehard pinheads and those who play it or own it, know it has lasting value and fun. It DOES need some more lighting at top of the pf, that's for sure but that can be corrected. I added in some Comet LED bumper rings and now I can see the ball when it flows through the pops.

All the + comments above are on-target, but the things I like best: There are some original cartoon callouts ("Hey Slate? How about a bonus?") plus IMHO one of the best sounds in pinball. When WMS created that DCS Stereo Sound, it really makes this title sound awesome.

I bought it not knowing I'd like it - but after 2+ years with the fun everyone has with it, it's pretty much bolted to the floor.
Plus, playing it always makes me smile.

#15 7 years ago

Love it. I would buy if you get a chance ... one of my faves even when collection was smaller. Here's a pic of mine20151003_224736 (resized).jpg20151003_224736 (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago

ive moved on quite a few pins, that is probably the only one i regret selling. fun pin.

i changed out the translite, but didnt do the PF overlay. ...

ill get it again down the track, and it wont be going anywhere.

#17 7 years ago

Fun pin for under 3k..... anything more and you get into much better pins.

#18 7 years ago

I've owned mine for a few months and am really enjoying it! Not the deepest pin but just entertaining and fun to play. I just recently swapped out the translate for the "G" rated version and installed the playfield decal....was it necessary, not to me personally. I was lucky enough to get them so I did. The way the game looked before never bothered me-even with Rosie O'Donnells face. There are some challenging shots too. The toughest for me is the jackpot shot straight up the middle. It looks like it should be easy, but it's not.

#19 7 years ago

And the million dollar question is.... Where can I get the translite and the overlay decal?

#20 7 years ago

I think the guy running them got a C & D. I got mine before that but noticed someone posted above they have a decal to sell. Watch around and the trans may come up too. I think the translite was more plentiful though.

1 month later
#22 7 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Yeah, it's worth it.
For some reason the last few years it's gone up in price but I really think it's a sleeper to more diehard pinheads and those who play it or own it, know it has lasting value and fun. It DOES need some more lighting at top of the pf, that's for sure but that can be corrected. I added in some Comet LED bumper rings and now I can see the ball when it flows through the pops.
All the + comments above are on-target, but the things I like best: There are some original cartoon callouts ("Hey Slate? How about a bonus?") plus IMHO one of the best sounds in pinball. When WMS created that DCS Stereo Sound, it really makes this title sound awesome.
I bought it not knowing I'd like it - but after 2+ years with the fun everyone has with it, it's pretty much bolted to the floor.
Plus, playing it always makes me smile.

I am glad you mentioned the DCS sound, I was not aware of that. All I know is the sound on my Flintstones is insanely awesome. I thought it may have had a subwoofer, or upgrade, but it does not. It is just the sound is awesome. Glad I know why now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 37.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flintstones-1?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.