(Topic ID: 297265)

Flinstones pinball not holding memory when turned off

By martymart

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I am having a problem with my Flintstones pinball where the memory is not holding on occassion after the machine is turned off. It is not all the time and only happens on occassion.

I have recently replaced the battery and reflowed the solder joints on all of the connectors. It did improve for a around 3-4 weeks although I am now experiencing the same issue.

I am not sure where to look next, has anyone else had the same problem.

#2 2 years ago

Did you clean up the contact areas in the battery holder itself?

Try another set of batteries too -

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Did you clean up the contact areas in the battery holder itself?
Try another set of batteries too -

I will have another look at the holder contacts. The battery was a new battery as I had the issue with the old one as well so think I can exclude the battery as the problem.

#5 2 years ago

I wonder if one of the tabs on your battery pack is barely making contact especially after soldering them helped a little.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I wonder if one of the tabs on your battery pack is barely making contact especially after soldering them helped a little.

Yeah, make sure the tabs and springs in the battery holder are nice and shiny, and bend the tabs so they really grab hold of the battery -

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

I will have another look at the holder contacts. The battery was a new battery as I had the issue with the old one as well so think I can exclude the battery as the problem.

What type of battery is it? If it was modified for a CR 2032 or similar coin cell I have personally experienced problems with name brand batteries (not expired) from Amazon and other retailers which died quickly. Its like someone got a hold of a lot of seconds or batteries exposed to bad conditions and sold them anyway.

I'd say forget batteries and just NVRAM it but I realize this is an WPC game and you may not want to solder.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flinstones-pinball-not-holding-memory-when-turned-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.