Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25396 (resized).jpeg
20200218_132427 (resized).jpg
20200114_133457 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've been working on a Flight 2k and I need help. When I bought it, I took an Ultimate MPU board over and it booted right up so I bought it. Then it started resetting constantly. Since then I have replaced the Power Driver board, the rectifier board, and replaced every connector in it, and recapped the sound boards. Still getting reboot. Every now and again, it will boot a game, but on the displays, only the 3rd player shows anything and it shows
_ 0 , 0 0 (dashes represent blank digits) and shortly after it resets.

I've tried 3 different MPUs and 3 different power supplies. Depending what power driver board is in, I'm either getting 4.9vdc or up to 5.2vdc on the MPU board. I've tried disconnecting sound boards and light boards with no changes in behavior.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Does the resets happen only during game play or while just sitting in attract mode?
The slam switches in the cabinet and on the coin door are wired into the MPU board reset circuitry.
Try disconnecting them - temporarily remove the wire at pin 13 of connector J4 at the MPU board and see what happens.

It mostly doesn't even get to attract mode, when you turn it on, it flashes 7 times then beeps then starts the count over again. Every now and again, maybe once every 20 30 times I turn it on, it will get to attract mode then let me credit a game and when I hit start button it resets again.

I do not have a wire on Pin 13 at J4. I always take photos of the wires before rebuilding them. This is the original photo. Pin 14 should be the key that you see. (Before anyone comments, yes there is a loose connector in the original photo, these have since been rebuilt)

20200114_133457 (resized).jpg20200114_133457 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago

I actually got the game to quit resetting. I did that by swapping the SB300 board from another game, so I know that's my culprit. I guess the call kit I did on it didn't work.

I'm still getting the weird display issue and only the flipper coils work. All fuses are good.

#6 4 years ago

Ok coils working now. It was a crappy fuse clip under the playfield.

Now I'm down to just the weird display issue.

#7 4 years ago
20200218_132427 (resized).jpg20200218_132427 (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

Finally got it. The 5v on the player 3 is the first of the daisy chain. Rebuilding that connector for that fixed. Then it still had all those weird zeros on it. To fix that, I had to clear the MPU memory. Now we are good. Just need to get a couple of switches and coils working right.

25396 (resized).jpeg25396 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 125.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2k-constant-reset?tu=futurepinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.