Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dr_Dude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys what would be an average asking price for a Flight 2000? I may have a chance to pick one up. The multi ball function isn't working. Machine has usual wear. Not sure what these go for. Thanks

#2 3 years ago

There’s was a project Flight 2000 recently listed on Pinside. It was listed at $750 I believe and sold pretty quick.

#3 3 years ago

I bought one for $850 USD last fall. Buyer said he had a lot of responses at that price.

Nice playfield but game needed a shop job, would not boot. Ended up needing power supply and cpu board repairs.

#4 3 years ago

Well, with that post I’d say between $750 and $1000 depending on playfield, cabinet and backglass condition.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll probably check it out this weekend.

#6 3 years ago

1k -1.5k canadian , nice clean working examples in canada are around the 2k mark

#7 3 years ago

Clintonian did you get the game?

#8 3 years ago

850.00 seems a fair price for that machine...I got one in ND. if anybody else wants one.

#9 3 years ago

Can you buy all the boards for the game?

How is part availability’?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

The speech board is very difficult to find.

Otherwise, I think all the other boards can be sourced as either originals or aftermarket options without too much trouble.

The only serious parts availability issue that I can recall is with with the ball lock mechanism since it's unique to that game. Everything else uses fairly universal classic stern game parts.

Plastics and backglasses are available. Cabinet stencils are available. Playfields are not available.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

There is a ton of options for board repair parts or replacements. Stern’s board design has many similarities to Bally boards of the era which helps parts availability. I would not worry about this.

I can’t speak to the sound boards, but f2k uses sterns speech board. I have seen any sort of replacement parts for those.

#12 3 years ago

Hey guys it sold before I could go look at it
I've got an Amazing Spiderman Gottlieb lined up now! Bit of a project but can't wait to start.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Clintonian:

Hey guys it sold before I could go look at it
I've got an Amazing Spiderman Gottlieb lined up now! Bit of a project but can't wait to start.

I hope the Spiderman deal works out. I don't think I've ever played one ..

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The speech board is very difficult to find.
Otherwise, I think all the other boards can be sourced as either originals or aftermarket options without too much trouble.
The only serious parts availability issue that I can recall is with with the ball lock mechanism since it's unique to that game. Everything else uses fairly universal classic stern game parts.
Plastics and backglasses are available. Cabinet stencils are available. Playfields are not available.

The ball-walker is on Freefall as well (admittedly not a common game!) but honestly it's such a simple mech that I can't imagine it breaking. Of more concern is the giant drop-target bank (found in Meteor and Nineball as well) which can be unreliable or broken (in particular the very long reset-arm often snaps).

Overall a solid game, very fun!

#15 3 years ago

Never looked under the playfield, but fairly sure Freefall also uses same ball-walker/lock system.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Vagrant:

Never looked under the playfield, but fairly sure Freefall also uses same ball-walker/lock system.

My bad: I typed "Split Second" when I was thinking "Freefall". I've corrected my post, but it is indeed Freefall that has the other ball-walker!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-price?hl=dr_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.