B8322EF1-7E0F-4756-91CF-32CECF244BF4 (resized).jpeg
61254129-4D7C-483C-8F67-59F9ECC3AFF0 (resized).jpeg
44B18C76-ED7B-4669-A77D-68038FA610CB (resized).jpeg
DA9F27DA-2553-4390-B60A-4543609B065B (resized).jpeg
Pinside_NoScaling.png
Lightning_VSU100a.png
3862F69F-4820-41E2-8DCD-8C3876621451 (resized).jpeg
BCBC0582-6DB6-4CF1-B990-1B903B303B41 (resized).jpeg

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

I finally got some time to get back on this. What I found is the game can sit in attract mode with a stable 4.95 volts on U8 pin 40, but when you go into solenoid/sound test it goes to 0.0 volts, and stays there until the game is rebooted. TP 3 is -10.17 volts in attract mode and after U8 pin 40 goes to 0 volts. During test U4, and U5, pins 2, 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15 are constantly low.

#52 4 years ago

Argh, I was working on someones speech board today and forgot to take measurements on that /BUSY signal.

Quoted from squad8:

What I found is the game can sit in attract mode with a stable 4.95 volts on U8 pin 40, but when you go into solenoid/sound test it goes to 0.0 volts, and stays there until the game is rebooted.

The game thinks the speech board is busy so never sends commands to say other words.

The busy signal on U8 pin 40 ends up going through U6 then to the MPU board. Can you probe the destination of this signal on the MPU board which is pin 18 of U11 ? probe it through power up, attract mode and solenoid test mode after solenoid #29 when it should start speak the second time solenoids #1 - #8 are tested.

Quoted from squad8:

During test U4, and U5, pins 2, 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15 are constantly low.

And there's no pulsing activity on any pins of the speech ROM at U9 after solenoid test #29?

#53 4 years ago

On the mpu U11 pin 40, during power up it starts low then goes high for a few seconds, and goes back low. It remains low in attract mode, and through solenoid test.
I am not getting any pulsing on any pins of U9, during test.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

On the mpu U11 pin 40

Erm, needed to know what's happening on MPU U11 pin 18, not pin 40

Quoted from squad8:

It's pointing to a faulty speech processor chip. It's being told to say a word in solenoid test mode and not reading the speech data out of the ROM to actually say it.

When you power up do you get any nasty screeching noises from the speaker? If yes, does the screeching change with or without the speech board connected?

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Erm, needed to know what's happening on MPU U11 pin 18, not pin 40

That was a typo on my part, the posted results are from U11 pin 18 on the mpu.

Quoted from Quench:

When you power up do you get any nasty screeching noises from the speaker? If yes, does the screeching change with or without the speech board connected?

I do not get any screeching noises on power up.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I finally got some time to get back on this. What I found is the game can sit in attract mode with a stable 4.95 volts on U8 pin 40, but when you go into solenoid/sound test it goes to 0.0 volts, and stays there until the game is rebooted.

The above isn't consistent with the below in terms of what the MPU board should be seeing of the gated /BUSY signal. According to the above, MPU U11 pin 18 should be low but showing pulsing. Can you recheck it?

Quoted from squad8:

On the mpu U11 pin 18, during power up it starts low then goes high for a few seconds, and goes back low. It remains low in attract mode, and through solenoid test.

Quoted from squad8:

Not even any change from low to high or high to low on any of the U9 speech ROM pins *after* solenoid test #29

Remove and reinstall the speech processor a couple of times to get it to swipe in the IC socket just in case there's some poor connection there.

If it makes no difference, power off, pull out the speech processor at U8 and leave it out, power on.
Use a small screwdriver to touch pin 11 in the U8 socket - make sure your hand is touching the metal part of the screw driver. Does it produce any hum from the speaker? If it doesn't, find resistor R45 (next to the big blue capacitor) and very briefly place a short circuit across it. Do you get any click/pop from the speaker? We are just checking if the amplifier circuit on the speech board is doing anything.

If the amplifier produces an audible effect, then it might be time to invest in a new speech processor chip.

http://www.gameroomrepair.com/ICparts/ICparts.htm#S14001

BTW, do you have any way of dumping the U9 speech EPROM to verify it's good?

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

The above isn't consistent with the below in terms of what the MPU board should be seeing of the gated /BUSY signal. According to the above, MPU U11 pin 18 should be low but showing pulsing. Can you recheck it?

I have the same readings, on power up it starts low, goes high for a few seconds, then back to high, and stays high the rest of the time.

Quoted from Quench:

Not even any change from low to high or high to low on any of the U9 speech ROM pins *after* solenoid test #29

I rechecked all of the pins on U9, and there is no change during test.

Quoted from Quench:

Remove and reinstall the speech processor a couple of times to get it to swipe in the IC socket just in case there's some poor connection there.

No change.

Quoted from Quench:

If it makes no difference, power off, pull out the speech processor at U8 and leave it out, power on.
Use a small screwdriver to touch pin 11 in the U8 socket - make sure your hand is touching the metal part of the screw driver. Does it produce any hum from the speaker? If it doesn't, find resistor R45 (next to the big blue capacitor) and very briefly place a short circuit across it. Do you get any click/pop from the speaker? We are just checking if the amplifier circuit on the speech board is doing anything.

I don't get any hum or pop from pin 11 on U8 or shorting R45.

Quoted from Quench:

BTW, do you have any way of dumping the U9 speech EPROM to verify it's good?

I don't, but I had 2 EPROM's burned, so I have tried 3 different chips.

#58 4 years ago

Can you post clear pictures of your SB300 sound board front and back? Wondering if it has the speech board audio input support.

#59 4 years ago
61254129-4D7C-483C-8F67-59F9ECC3AFF0 (resized).jpeg61254129-4D7C-483C-8F67-59F9ECC3AFF0 (resized).jpegB8322EF1-7E0F-4756-91CF-32CECF244BF4 (resized).jpegB8322EF1-7E0F-4756-91CF-32CECF244BF4 (resized).jpeg
#60 4 years ago

That red wire on the back of the SB300 board is necessary for feeding audio from the speech board into the sound board mixer. I just wanted to check that your board had this connection because some SB300 sound boards from other speechless games don't.

If you did the amplifier tests in attract mode you may have not gotten any audible effects - if you want, try them again in solenoid test mode after the test has recycled back to solenoid #01 and maximum volume on the speech board has been selected.

The fact that the speech processor at U8 is making no attempt to read encoded speech data from the speech ROM points to a faulty speech processor.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

If you did the amplifier tests in attract mode you may have not gotten any audible effects - if you want, try them again in solenoid test mode after the test has recycled back to solenoid #01 and maximum volume on the speech board has been selected.

I originally did the amplifier test after I started a game, so I did the test again in solenoid test, and still don't get any sound.

Quoted from Quench:

The fact that the speech processor at U8 is making no attempt to read encoded speech data from the speech ROM points to a faulty speech processor.

I can order the speech processor if you think that is what I need.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I can order the speech processor if you think that is what I need.

What we've been trying to do is determine if everything around the speech processor is working. It appears the speech chip is being given commands to speak but is just sitting there muted.
It would be nice to confirm the pre-amps after the speech chip are working. Short circuiting resistor R45 on the speech board after solenoid test #29 should have produced some sort of audible effect on the speaker. What voltage do you measure at pin 5 of the U7 pre-amp input on the speech board? It should be half way between +5 and -10 volts (i.e. around -2.5 volts). Pin 3 should be the same voltage and probably pins 1, pin 2 and pin 7 should be thereabouts.

The only other things I would do is confirm you're actually getting -10 volts at pin 21 on the speech chip itself and that you have pulsing clock activity at input pin 3 of the speech chip.

The fact the speech processor isn't doing anything to look up in the ROMs how to speak leads it to being suspect.

I know those chips are super rare and expensive. It's up to you at this point whether you buy another chip, send the board off for repair or see if any buddy's have a classic Stern with speech willing to let you swap the speech chip.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

What voltage do you measure at pin 5 of the U7 pre-amp input on the speech board? It should be half way between +5 and -10 volts (i.e. around -2.5 volts). Pin 3 should be the same voltage and probably pins 1, pin 2 and pin 7 should be thereabouts.

U7- pin 1, +4.4
pin 2, -8.7
pin 3, -1.6
pin 5, -2.1
pin 7, -2.4

Quoted from Quench:

The only other things I would do is confirm you're actually getting -10 volts at pin 21 on the speech chip itself and that you have pulsing clock activity at input pin 3 of the speech chip.

U 8- pin 21, -10.0
pin 3, both high and low, pulsing.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

U7-
pin 5, -2.1
pin 7, -2.4

Close enough.

Quoted from squad8:

U7- pin 1, +4.4
pin 2, -8.7
pin 3, -1.6

Are/were the state of U4 pins 10, 12 and 15 "high" when you you took/take these measurements? If yes, the pre-amp is muted.
Do these 3 voltages on U7 change after solenoid test #29 when the three U4 outputs on pins 10, 12 and 15 go low? (pre-amp set to max gain)

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Are/were the state of U4 pins 10, 12 and 15 "high" when you you took/take these measurements? If yes, the pre-amp is muted.

U4 pins 10, 12, and 15 were high.

Quoted from Quench:

Do these 3 voltages on U7 change after solenoid test #29 when the three U4 outputs on pins 10, 12 and 15 go low? (pre-amp set to max gain)

When U4 pins 10, 12, and 15 go low, U7 pin 1 remains at +4.4 volts, pin 2 dropped from -8.7 to -8.0 volts, and pin 3 remained at -1.6 volts.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

When U4 pins 10, 12, and 15 go low, U7 pin 1 remains at +4.4 volts, pin 2 dropped from -8.7 to -8.0 volts, and pin 3 remained at -1.6 volts.

Those pre-amp voltages don't look right, maybe it's faulty.

Find resistor R22. Measure the voltage at the leg where "R22" is printed. It should measure the same as pin 3 of the U7 pre-amp.
Find resistor R2. With the machine on, put a short circuit across that resistor. Do you hear any click/pop when you short the resistor? If you can keep the short in place what do you measure at pin 1 of U7?

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Find resistor R22. Measure the voltage at the leg where "R22" is printed. It should measure the same as pin 3 of the U7 pre-amp.

R22 is, -1.8 volts, and U7 pin 3 is, -1.6 volts.

Quoted from Quench:

Find resistor R2. With the machine on, put a short circuit across that resistor. Do you hear any click/pop when you short the resistor? If you can keep the short in place what do you measure at pin 1 of U7?

I do hear a pop when I short R2. With the short in place U7 pin 1 is, -1.95, and without the short it is, -1.67 volts. Something changed after I put the short on R2. Now I have a loud hum even in attract, but if I unplug the speech board it goes away.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

R22 is, -1.8 volts, and U7 pin 3 is, -1.6 volts.

Ideally those voltages should be the same but you're getting a 0.2 volt difference. Without a board I don't know if that's normally within tolerance.
While that voltage seems small, it's being amplified by the pre-amp which has a gain of 24X (determined by resistor R2 divided by R22 (240k / 10k = 24)). That small voltage difference is being amplified and is poorly biasing the output of the pre-amp.

Resistors R19 and R20 should be exactly the same resistance (schems say 270k ohms) and resistors R18 and R21 should be exactly the same at 240k ohms.
The resistance ratio of R18 to R19 sets the voltage on U7 pin 3 (+ input) and the resistance ratio of R21 to R20 sets the reference voltage you measured at R22 for the - input to the pre-amp.
Anyway I'm getting sidetracked here.

By shorting R2, all you did was change the gain on that pre-amp from 24X to 1X. It shouldn't have damaged anything.

Quoted from squad8:

Now I have a loud hum even in attract, but if I unplug the speech board it goes away.

Ughh, measure the -10 volt rail at TP3 on the speech board.

#69 4 years ago

TP 3 on the speech board is, -10.10 volts.

#70 4 years ago

I am not sure what is going on, but now the loud hum went away. I checked U7 pin 1 again, and now it is, -1.93 volts with R2 shorted, and back to, +4.4 volts without the short.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I am not sure what is going on, but now the loud hum went away. I checked U7 pin 1 again, and now it is, -1.93 volts with R2 shorted, and back to, +4.4 volts without the short.

Ok.
I would still measure the resistance on resistors R19, R20 which should both be exactly 270k ohms, and R18, R21 which should be exactly the same at 240k ohms. If you get any slight variances then I'd replace with 1% tolerance resistors.

Anyway, at this point you need to decide what you're going to do about the speech chip.

#72 4 years ago

I will check the resistors, and order a speech chip. I will make a follow up post after I get the chip.
Thank You

#73 4 years ago

I installed the new speech chip, but still no speech.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I installed the new speech chip, but still no speech.

Are you seeing any activity on the speech ROM pins when it's supposed to be speaking, i.e. after solenoid test #29?

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Are you seeing any activity on the speech ROM pins when it's supposed to be speaking, i.e. after solenoid test #29?

What pins should I be checking, or should I be checking all of them?

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

What pins should I be checking, or should I be checking all of them?

We're looking for any sign of life. Most of the ROM pins should have activity when the board is speaking. Probe pins 7 thru 11 and pin 18 which is a couple of address and data lines.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

We're looking for any sign of life. Most of the ROM pins should have activity when the board is speaking. Probe pins 7 thru 11 and pin 18 which is a couple of address and data lines.

Pin 7 is high and pulses after solenoid 29.
Pin 8 is low and pulses after solenoid 29.
Pin 9 is constantly high and low pulsing.
Pin 10 is low and pulses after solenoid 29.
Pin 11 has nothing and then a weak pulse after solenoid 29.
Pin 18 is low and pulses after solenoid 29.

#78 4 years ago

Well the speech chip is doing something now - you're getting activity on the ROM which you weren't before meaning the speech chip is trying to read speech data from the ROM.

You did plug in the smaller 5 pin connector onto the speech board that passes audio to the SB300 sound board?

Are you getting any noise on power up now that you weren't before?

What's happening on the /BUSY signal at pin 9 of U6 before you start solenoid test mode, then in solenoid test mode between #29 and #08 then after #11?

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

You did plug in the smaller 5 pin connector onto the speech board that passes audio to the SB300 sound board?

Yes it is plugged in.

Quoted from Quench:

Are you getting any noise on power up now that you weren't before?

Nothing any different than before.

Quoted from Quench:

What's happening on the /BUSY signal at pin 9 of U6 before you start solenoid test mode, then in solenoid test mode between #29 and #08 then after #11?

It starts high then pulses low between #29 and #8 and then goes back high after #11.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

It starts high then pulses low between #29 and #8 and then goes back high after #11.

Well the speech chip looks like it's doing exactly what it should now..

The question is whether it's outputting any analog audio signal and whether the pre-amps are still working. Did we make a booboo last week and damage the pre-amp?
Really need an oscilloscope to see what's going on at this point. Are you able to access one from a friend?

Otherwise put your multi-meter on very low AC voltage setting. In solenoid test between #29 and #11 does the meter indicate any changes in voltage on pin 7 of U7 (first filter pre-amp output), then do the same on pin 3 of U1 (output of the volume attenuator) and finally pin 1 of U7 (output of final pre-amp going to the SB-300 sound board).

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Really need an oscilloscope to see what's going on at this point. Are you able to access one from a friend?

Off hand I can't think of anyone that I can borrow one from.

Quoted from Quench:

Otherwise put your multi-meter on very low AC voltage setting. In solenoid test between #29 and #11 does the meter indicate any changes in voltage on pin 7 of U7 (first filter pre-amp output), then do the same on pin 3 of U1 (output of the volume attenuator) and finally pin 1 of U7 (output of final pre-amp going to the SB-300 sound board).

The voltages were not stable, but they did fluctuate more between #29 and #11. It seemed like there was less of a change on pin 3 of U1, than on pins 1 and 7 of U7. I had a spare chip for U1 so I changed it, but still no speech.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

The voltages were not stable, but they did fluctuate more between #29 and #11. It seemed like there was less of a change on pin 3 of U1, than on pins 1 and 7 of U7. I had a spare chip for U1 so I changed it, but still no speech.

What kind of voltages were you seeing? - they might be quite low so can be hard to measure with a multi-meter. Without seeing them on a scope, I can only presume that since you're getting voltage changes then the speech audio is there.

Pin 3 of U1 should have measured about the same as pin 7 of U7 during solenoid tests #01 - #04

Find resistor R24 on the SB300 sound board. Measure the AC voltage on the leg opposite where "R24" is printed. It should be about the same as U7 pin 1 voltage changes during solenoid test #29 through #11.
The audio output of the speech board (via the 5 pin cable) comes to this R24 resistor which then gets mixed with the SB300 sounds and onto the output amplifier.

Find resistor R1 on the speech board and measure the AC voltages on both legs during solenoid test #29 through #11.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

What kind of voltages were you seeing? - they might be quite low so can be hard to measure with a multi-meter. Without seeing them on a scope, I can only presume that since you're getting voltage changes then the speech audio is there.

There is a lot of fluctuation in the voltages, so the numbers are the averages, but they do increase between #29, and #8.
U7 pin 7 is .061, and then .125 vac between #29, and #8.
U1 pin 3 is .059, and then .139 vac between #29, and #8.
U7 pin 1 is .056, and then .179 vac between #29, and #8.

Quoted from Quench:

Find resistor R24 on the SB300 sound board. Measure the AC voltage on the leg opposite where "R24" is printed. It should be about the same as U7 pin 1 voltage changes during solenoid test #29 through #11.

R24 on the SB300 is .043, and then .187 vac between #29, and #8.

Quoted from Quench:

Find resistor R1 on the speech board and measure the AC voltages on both legs during solenoid test #29 through #11.

R1 opposite of the print is .043, and jumps up to .244 vac during the sounds at #20 to #29.
R1 on the print side is .056, and goes up to .236 vac during the sounds at #20 to #29.
The voltages stay on the low side between #29, and #8.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

R24 on the SB300 is .043, and then .187 vac between #29, and #8.

What kind of AC voltages do you read here when the SB300 is playing back sound effects in game mode?

BTW what happens if you turn the volume all the way up - do you hear any low level speech during solenoid test mode?

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

What kind of AC voltages do you read here when the SB300 is playing back sound effects in game mode?

I have .058 to .195 vac. I tested with just the background sound after starting a game, and the voltage would increase to the .195 after the pauses in the background sound.

Quoted from Quench:

BTW what happens if you turn the volume all the way up - do you hear any low level speech during solenoid test mode?

I don't hear any speech, but there is always a hum in the the background. At normal volume it is not to bad, but at full volume it is fairly loud.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I don't hear any speech

You 100% sure the speech EPROM is good and not blank?

Quoted from squad8:

I have .058 to .195 vac.

You're measuring about the same AC audio voltages at the SB300 mixer for speech and SB300 sounds.

Quoted from squad8:

U1 pin 3 is .059, and then .139 vac between #29, and #8.
U7 pin 1 is .056, and then .179 vac between #29, and #8.

Looking at the speech board schematics, the output of the attenuator (U1 pin 3) goes into the final pre-amp at U7A. This pre-amp is wired for a gain of 24X and it doesn't look like you're getting anywhere near this gain.

I hate shotgunning but without an oscilloscope there's not much more I can do to diagnose further. Having said this, all you're left with is a faulty pre-amp (U7), faulty attenuator (U1) or faulty speech chip (output not working).

The U7 pre-amp is known as an op-amp and replacement part numbers are LM1458 or MC1458 - they're cheap.
U1 is a 4051 CMOS analog multiplexer chip - should also be cheap.
G-P-E has these chips.
Have you changed the resistors I mentioned in post #71 to higher precision (1%) parts?

Change U7 first and see what happens.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

You 100% sure the speech EPROM is good and not blank?

No I am not sure, but I had 2 burned, and I have the original. I have tried both of the new chips, but I probably should try the original now that I have replaced other things on the board.

Quoted from Quench:

I hate shotgunning but without an oscilloscope there's not much more I can do to diagnose further. Having said this, all you're left with is a faulty pre-amp (U7), faulty attenuator (U1) or faulty speech chip (output not working).
The U7 pre-amp is known as an op-amp and replacement part numbers are LM1458 or MC1458 - they're cheap.
U1 is a 4051 CMOS analog multiplexer chip - should also be cheap.

I will order some of the 1458's for U7, and I have changed U1 twice.

Quoted from Quench:

Have you changed the resistors I mentioned in post #71 to higher precision (1%) parts?

I checked the values and they were only a little off. I will order replacements with my order.

4 weeks later
#89 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Any updates?

I just replaced R18, R19, R20, R21, and U7, and still have no speech. I am about ready to give up on this one. Quench says that we have gone as far as we can without a oscilloscope.
Thanks to Quench, and the others that tried to help with this.

2 months later
#90 3 years ago

Resurrecting an old thread as it's the same topic. I have 2 f2k's. One is fully working the other the speech doesn't work on it. I took the speech chip out of the "bad" game and put it into the good one and did not get speech. So i'm pretty sure the chip is bad at least. I have ordered a replacement but before I go slapping a good chip into the unknown board I want to make sure it's not possible something on the board caused the chip to go bad. Really don't want to throw money down the drain and a hard to get part.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I want to make sure it's not possible something on the board caused the chip to go bad.

About all you can do is measure the power supply voltages on the speech board before plugging in the new speech chip.
Use TP1 as your ground connection:
TP2 should measure +5VDC
TP3 should measure -10VDC (that's minus ten volts)

3 months later
#92 3 years ago
Quoted from squad8:I am working on a Flight 2000 project, and I have sound but no speech. I have changed the electrolytic capacitors, and switch 17 is in the on position. Test point 1 fluctuates from .06-.11 volts, T.P. is 5.19 volts, and T.P. 3 fluctuates from -2 to -10 volts.
Thanks in advance for any help.

From what I’ve seen, this has to be one of the most, if not the most detailed post on this issue. Since I’m having the same issue, I’m going to try to follow @squad8’s path, with @Quench’s directions and explanations, and get it resolved (preferably before that part in the post where I would need to get my hands on an oscilloscope).

Switch 17 is on. TP1 is the ground and is 0. TP2 is 4.7. TP3 is -12.6.

So this checks out so far right?

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Is the sound board original to the game? Look at the back side and verify it has the long jumper wire for speech.

I have the jumper wire.

2 for 2 right?

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

The lamp interrupt (aka speech busy) signal that comes in MPU j4 should also change state when the speech. I think it normally sits low when no speech happens and goes high when speech is playing.

Okay this just got real difficult real quick. Not sure how to test the MPU J4 for this signal changing state.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Before you go nuts trying to get the speech chip, burn a new eprom for the speech board. You can double up the 2716 image to burn onto a much more commonly available 2732.

Okay now I’m 2 for 4, as I’m not sure how to go about getting eprom’s burned, as I don’t have the computer set up and/or devices to do it myself. Is anyone selling them already programmed?

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Dude:

did you try solenoid-test, which should include some speech call-outs at the end.

No speech in test mode or in game. When pin is booted up it will sometimes mumble a couple syllables. Also when it is on and I remove and replug the J3, it will also make a blurting sound.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from tyking:

Okay this just got real difficult real quick. Not sure how to test the MPU J4 for this signal changing state.

A logic probe is what is needed here. Not expensive or difficult to use.

I had a known good speech chip and known good EPROM and Quench helped me figure out what was wrong with my board https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-vsu-100-troubleshooting-help

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

A logic probe is what is needed here. Not expensive or difficult to use.

I found some on amazon. What about this one: Elenco Electronics Lp-560 Logic Probe Electronics Testing Tool

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from tyking:

I found some on amazon. What about this one: Elenco Electronics Lp-560 Logic Probe Electronics Testing Tool

Several people have recommended that one. Here’s a link with tutorials https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-logic-probe-questions#post-2717249

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Several people have recommended that one. Here’s a link with tutorials https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-logic-probe-questions#post-2717249

Perfect. If it comes with a tutorial, I'm getting it. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-no-speech/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.