(Topic ID: 124724)

Flight 2000 Club - members and fans welcome!

By Snux

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,325 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 5.55.11 PM (resized).png
PXL_20240310_020948866 (resized).jpg
PF (resized).JPG
IMG20230430200630 (resized).jpg
IMG_4170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4169 (resized).jpeg
9054E268-F271-40DC-805F-FFAB1924C7B8 (resized).jpeg
9AE80644-F808-46B1-9F40-1EDD65ADB443 (resized).jpeg
15ADFD65-8328-4778-834A-E5EA14EF10DB (resized).jpeg
IMG_9952 (resized).JPG
IMG_9950 (resized).JPG
IMG_9947 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
5D2006E0-2E7A-4A88-A92F-E32EC01C9A5C (resized).jpeg
IMG_9886 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 5 years ago

Anyone know which machine this should be on?

20180803_113112 (resized).jpg20180803_113112 (resized).jpg20180803_113132 (resized).jpg20180803_113132 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#155 5 years ago
Quoted from pinplayerinva:

im 99% sure its Stellar Wars that those spinners came off of They look good on F2k too!

Yeah, I though that it was the correct spinner till I saw others.

2 months later
#166 5 years ago

I know someone needs a spinner. Not mine but I saw it.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

I’m thinking about replacing all of the inserts I can in my machine. Has anyone done this? Any tips?

Just heat them and remove them. Then sand them flat and smooth and reinstall with epoxy.

3 weeks later
#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I just picked up a flight 2000 and have parts on the way to get it going again. It looks like there has been previous work done soldering the flipper coils and also the trough switches that looks a little questionable. Does anyone happen to have some good pictures on how the flipper coils are wired and also the trough switches? Once I get the machine setup I want to clean up that wiring and go from there.
Thanks!

I have full teardown pics. I should be able to get them off my computer tonight.

#186 5 years ago

I searched and have not found my pics. No clue where they are. Must have put them on a zip drive. I will keep looking though.

6 months later
#326 4 years ago

My F2K was resetting and now that I brought it home and set it back up, it does nothing. I assume this is a ps problem for the 5v to the mpu. Can anyone tell me where this 5v comes from and which caps would be responsible? I seem to get no voltage at the test points on the mpu at this point.

#328 4 years ago
15590671439844127655623234623990 (resized).jpg15590671439844127655623234623990 (resized).jpg
#330 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Looks like that thing has had a bunch of work done on it. Do the test point voltages check out there?

5.4 tp reads 6.27
230v reads 250
11.9v tp reads 11.07
Not sure to test 7.3vac
43v tp is missing it seems

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Sounds like you found your problem. Buy a kit and build a new one.

Thanks. I will do that and report back.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Thanks. I will do that and report back.

Still seems like the mpu should boot though without solenoid power. I dont get any beeps at all.

#335 4 years ago

No, it won't boot. The 7th and last flash of the led on the MPU only happens if you have that 43v solenoid power.
There is a ton of details on Pinwiki about it.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#How_to_make_a_Benchtop_power_supply_for_the_MPU_board

Gotcha, but I do not get any flashes?

1 week later
#345 4 years ago

Then back to basics checking for voltages at the MPU. If you're not getting any flashes and you have all the correct voltages the there is an MPU issue. You should get at least the first 6 even if the 43v is missing.

So I am not getting voltage readings on any of the test points on the right side of the board, on the sol driver board. I am stuggling with these schematics. Does anyone know the voltages I should see at the connectors and test points of this board? I am getting 180v and 250v at the high voltage test points, but that is it.

#346 4 years ago

If I am not getting 5v at the test points on the sol driver board, where should I be looking first? Any help appreciated.

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

First thing to do is measure TP1 on rectifier/power supply board. If you have between 4.8V and 5.4V there then your're good. If not, check fuse with a meter. You may have a problem with your connectors and the connection from the rectifier to the SDU is breached.
If you have any burnt connectors at the rectifier board, replace them. Try to use Trifurcon connectors on the heavy wires. Actually you should replace all the connector pins at the rectifier board eventually to make the game reliable.
Make sure the connectors are fully seated on the rec board. Check ground (important) between the rect ground and SDU J3 pin 10, should have continuity. Make sure the ground braid from the cabinet is connected to the ground screw at the bottom of the backbox. Remove SDU J3 connector and re-seat it a few times. J3 should also have a jumper wire ( brown/white) between pins 25 and 13. If that's missing you need to replace it.
I'm looking at the 5V section of the SDU schematic and it's confusing to me. I know TP1 and 3 should be 5V but I'm not sure which one is the regulated 5V. I'm leaning towards TP1 being the regulated 5V. So if there's 5V at the YP3 and not 1, I would say the regulator (LM-323) or some of the 5V regulator components are bad, C24 and/or C25.
For all other TP values, go to pinwiki.com Bally/Stern section 3.21. The Baly AS-2518-18 rectifier value are the same for Stern TA-100.

Ok, I am getting power on the rectifier board but it does not make it through the solenoid driver board.

Btw, the lockdown bar still looks great!

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I'm regretting selling you that lock down bar LOL. Do you have the manual for F2K with the schematics inside? Do your feature lamps light up at all, even when first powering up? What is the game doing when you power on? Do your connectors look healthy, this includes the header pins? Do you have another game with the same SDU board that you can swap for testing? Bally and Sterns are interchangeable. Check your ground as I suggested. See if there's any voltage at SDU J3 pins 13 thru 17 and also 25 on the connector side, not the header. You may need to insert a small pin or finish nail into the connector to make contact to your meter leads. Get a replacement 5V regulator at least. LM 323 or equivalent. Any Voltages at the MPU test points? Refer to Pinwiki sect 3.21

I will go through all of that and report back the outcome. Thank you!

#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I'm regretting selling you that lock down bar LOL. Do you have the manual for F2K with the schematics inside? Do your feature lamps light up at all, even when first powering up? What is the game doing when you power on? Do your connectors look healthy, this includes the header pins? Do you have another game with the same SDU board that you can swap for testing? Bally and Sterns are interchangeable. Check your ground as I suggested. See if there's any voltage at SDU J3 pins 13 thru 17 and also 25 on the connector side, not the header. You may need to insert a small pin or finish nail into the connector to make contact to your meter leads. Get a replacement 5V regulator at least. LM 323 or equivalent. Any Voltages at the MPU test points? Refer to Pinwiki sect 3.21

You told me when you sold it to me that you would probably regret it. Now I feel bad. Sorry man.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Hey everyone. I'm in the club! I have a F2K that has been in my family for almost 30 years now. I think we got it around 1990. It was already a decade old by then. My parents had bought it to go in their new house game room along with Meteor. We eventually tired of Meteor but kept F2K. My parents are starting to downsize so I bought the machine off them and it is now in my home. I will be doing a bunch of work on it.
FLIPPERS
I'm putting in a flipper kit as the left flipper is weak from a botched repair someone did years ago. I'm going with a new coil as well as the crappy repair job led to the coil cracking.
SLING
I'm replacing the right lower sling coil (which works fine but is cracked.
LIGHTING
There were about 30 lights non-functional, both GI and control. Some were burned out but on many the holder is just going bad and will need to be replaced with some that aren't almost 40 years old. I'm going to experiment with some colored and white frosted LED lights for GI. It seems like the driver board is fine so I will likely go with one of the add-on boards so I can put some colored LEDs in the control lighting.
DROP TARGETS
The countdown drop targets are dirty as hell and it might be worth just putting all new clean ones in. A few don't stay up real well but I may try the trick of putting a little felt square on the lift bar to get them up higher so they catch properly. The lift bar itself looks like it snapped clean off at some point and someone reattached it with liberal and creative use of zip ties. (See photos) Not sure what to make of that. Apparently it has held up for decades like that. Seems like JB Weld might be a better solution.
BACKGLASS
The backglass is badly flaked. About 25 years ago I noticed it was happening and covered the entire back side with clear adhesive sheets. It has completely stopped any further degradation but it still looks bad. I'll be looking at a CPR backglass.
WIRING
There's some weirdness to the wiring. See photos. On the lower connector, clearly both outside wires burned out at some point. But, they appear to no longer be used as they are now empty. There is also something wired to the board with speaker wire. I'm not sure what someone did but the game is fully functional so it worked.
PLAYFIELD.
it doesn't look too bad. Some inserts are cupped. There is wear. Spots with mylar look great. I'm not really interested in trying to clear coat the whole thing for now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. I think I have all my tear down pics if you run into an issue and need one.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Hey everyone. I'm in the club! I have a F2K that has been in my family for almost 30 years now. I think we got it around 1990. It was already a decade old by then. My parents had bought it to go in their new house game room along with Meteor. We eventually tired of Meteor but kept F2K. My parents are starting to downsize so I bought the machine off them and it is now in my home. I will be doing a bunch of work on it.
FLIPPERS
I'm putting in a flipper kit as the left flipper is weak from a botched repair someone did years ago. I'm going with a new coil as well as the crappy repair job led to the coil cracking.
SLING
I'm replacing the right lower sling coil (which works fine but is cracked.
LIGHTING
There were about 30 lights non-functional, both GI and control. Some were burned out but on many the holder is just going bad and will need to be replaced with some that aren't almost 40 years old. I'm going to experiment with some colored and white frosted LED lights for GI. It seems like the driver board is fine so I will likely go with one of the add-on boards so I can put some colored LEDs in the control lighting.
DROP TARGETS
The countdown drop targets are dirty as hell and it might be worth just putting all new clean ones in. A few don't stay up real well but I may try the trick of putting a little felt square on the lift bar to get them up higher so they catch properly. The lift bar itself looks like it snapped clean off at some point and someone reattached it with liberal and creative use of zip ties. (See photos) Not sure what to make of that. Apparently it has held up for decades like that. Seems like JB Weld might be a better solution.
BACKGLASS
The backglass is badly flaked. About 25 years ago I noticed it was happening and covered the entire back side with clear adhesive sheets. It has completely stopped any further degradation but it still looks bad. I'll be looking at a CPR backglass.
WIRING
There's some weirdness to the wiring. See photos. On the lower connector, clearly both outside wires burned out at some point. But, they appear to no longer be used as they are now empty. There is also something wired to the board with speaker wire. I'm not sure what someone did but the game is fully functional so it worked.
PLAYFIELD.
it doesn't look too bad. Some inserts are cupped. There is wear. Spots with mylar look great. I'm not really interested in trying to clear coat the whole thing for now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And with those wires, you can make a new connector. I would repin it with trifurcons. Also replace the header pin after you clean it up.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Looks good. I think I have all my tear down pics if you run into an issue and need one.

I just noticed you have a rectifier just sitting in the cabinet. These should be mounted with a heat sink on that board. You should consider buying a new recifier board or rebuilding that one. If you can solder it's not too bad.

#356 4 years ago

There are 2 mounted on the back side and this one has been hacked.

20190618_191652 (resized).jpg20190618_191652 (resized).jpg
#368 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Ok I have gone through Clays guide on this. I do have a downloaded manual with schematics, but they are very confusing compared to the system 11s I usually work on.
At this point I only have GI and the displays seem to backlight. I have all the proper voltages at the test points on the rectifier board. I have high voltage on the solenoid driver but that is all. No 5 or 12v on the sol driver or MPU. I do not see a way to test the power after the test points on the rectifier board. I am not sure how to test the header pins on the output of that board but I assume that is where I should start. Can I test those pins while disconnected? And what do I use for the ground? My board looks rebuilt but no ground test point on it. Can I ground right to the transformer body? Thanks to anyone who has some direction.

#369 4 years ago

Backstory is it was doing resets during gameplay at a nursing home where I was lending it. I unplugged it, but when I picked it up, someone had plugged it back in and now I have nothing but GI.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

If the game was resetting, that's a sign of the 5v regulator going out. LM323, order one and replace it and see what happens.

Ok, will do. I swapped in a silverball mania ps with no change, although I am not 100% sure about that ps either. I can't seem to get votage readings on the header pins of the rectifier board, but they all look new and clean. I replaced at least 1 connector there before. It seems that power is lost between the test points and the header pins or I am not testing correctly.

#374 4 years ago

Here are pics of that. Someone clearly replaced this. The wires are all labed with odd labels such as "far right of 7, or E12"

15611416127851839328932275433527 (resized).jpg15611416127851839328932275433527 (resized).jpg15611416503797917492973936739940 (resized).jpg15611416503797917492973936739940 (resized).jpg
#379 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Put the black lead on the transformer or cab braid ground. See if the board has burn traces on the back side.

Ok, I am finally getting somewhere. I definately have a bad connector on the sol driver board. I can get some life when I play with it and the header has been reflowed already. When I push on it the 12v is present and I get a solid led on the mpu. I need to order the .100 size though. I am not sure if any of the caps have been replaced so I am gonna order a ps rebuild as well. I will report back when I get all that resolved.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Now that I'm home, I can try to answer some of your questions. I have been studying the SDU schematic a little more cus now I'm curious as well. So it looks like 12V unregulated comes from the rect board J3 pin 8 so it will be A2-J308. A2 identifies rect board. I looked at your pics again. I noticed they used 2 10 position connector housings for J3 instead of a single 20 pos which is fine. I verified by the schematic that they installed correctly. Since this is a .156 connector, it is large enough to insert the meter probe in there to make sure you have 12V at that point. A2-J308 has a thinner orange wire. There should be a green ground wire coming from under the transformer L bracket and going to the rect board mounting plate. you should be able to use that as ground point to take voltage readings. We are measuring DC for this. Only Gi is AC. Since you said that you got 12V at the SDU by fiddling with the J3 connector, it would be safe to say that the connector or header pin is the weak point. You also said that it looks like somebody reflowed the header? This could be were the issue lies. Pull the SDU out and get a magnifying glass if you have one. If there is a solder bridge between pins 10 and 11, this will cause 12V to short to the transformer ground. Pins 11 and 12 should be soldered as one behind the J3 header. Pin 12 is coming from A2-J308 (12V) and splits off to the MPU 12V supply via pin 11. Just make sure that pin 10 SDU J3 is not touching the other pins with solder. Take something sharp and score a line between them if necessary. Also with the J3 connector removed, find something small and metal that will fit in the connector slot so you can take a reading of pin 12, orange wire. You should get the same result as from A2-J308.
So what I gather from the SDU 5 volt section of the schematic, this 12V (TP5) goes to the regulator LM-323 and comes out as 5V regulated (TP1) and then to SDU J3 pins 13 thru 17. These run the MPU, lamp driver and score displays.
So if you have 12V at TP5 and below 4.8V at TP1, then the regulator and/or C23 are bad.
As far as rect board ground test point, there is none. Ground enters the rect at J210 from the transformer.

Thanks for taking the time to look through this. As soon as I repin those connectors I assume I will be replacing those caps and possibly that lm-323. I think the header is good, I reflowed it and tested for any shorts. I was just stumped since I couldn't track that 12v

#392 4 years ago

Trying to figure out why these .100 terminals are shaped like this. They are not consistent either and I don't think they will fit into the housing. Anyone have any suggestions?

20190627_115509 (resized).jpg20190627_115509 (resized).jpg
#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Those are wrong. Where did you get them?

Ebay.

#395 4 years ago

Not like what was pictured either.

Screenshot_20190627-125203_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190627-125203_eBay (resized).jpg
#397 4 years ago

The seller contacted me and said he was sending the right ones, so I assume it is a different item all together. I don't see a way to snap them off either. Seems like a solid plate. Maybe a mfg mistake?

#398 4 years ago

I guess I could use cutters and cut them but it is not what I ordered.

#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I was taking a closer look at these. Judging by the irregularity of the cut pieces it may be possible to remove them? The back side of the pin has the locking tab, maybe you can slip them apart without cutting? Even if they were originally shipped as a roll, I can't see why someone would separate them.

Yeah it seems I can cut them, but hopefully they send me what I payed for. I specifically searched for ones that were already cut. I saw a bunch of the connected ones.

1 month later
#493 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me which diode I need to remove if I install a button battery on my F2K? Thanks.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

You need to add a diode if you put a button cell in, from the + line of the battery, to prevent the board from trying to charge it. Remove the original battery, put the coin cell holder in, solder the negative directly to the ground, then solder where the + side of the original battery was to a 1n4004 or similar diode's banded side, and the other side of the diode to the battery holder's + terminal.
It may be possible to just replace R12 with a diode oriented the same way (the band blocking the incoming path to the battery) as the 270 ohm resistor that is there might be to regulate the charging circuit vs. anything with the battery out to the ram, but that is speculation on my part.

Thank you!

1 week later
#528 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Yes, you can use it that way. I actually just applied the cut out vinyl right to the spinner since the colors were close. You can also do the inverse though and remove and discard the inside and use the vinyl as a stencil and paint. I saved the outside area to use as a stencil in the future if I choose to go that route.

I need to look at getting one of these.

2 months later
#583 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone has some advice. I replaced the caps on my SDU and I still am not booting. Voltages coming off the power board test points are correct. Tp1 and tp3 are not reading 5v on the sdu. What can I test next to narrow down my issue? It was doing random resets before completely dying.

#584 4 years ago

Shoot, sorry. I just remembered I was supposed to replace lm323 as well. I just ordered one and will see what that does.

1 week later
#586 4 years ago

I would check the rectifier board in the cabinet and the connectors. Repin any bad ones. Also check pins in the connectors at the boards in the head. Many were brittle or weak on my game. It has performed solid ever since.
I've rebuilt a lot of the Bally and Stern driver boards and haven't had to replace an lm323 yet. Don't know who said you have too.
If you haven't done the ground and 5v jumper mod I'd do that before swapping that voltage regulator.

It was someone in this thread. I am getting proper voltage at the rectifier board on all the test points. I repinned the connectors and replaced the header at the SDU but I do not show 5v on either test point on the SDU.

#587 4 years ago

I am really lost now. I replaced lm323 and now I am blowing the fuse for the 12v line. Lm323 shows a short. It looks like there is an insulating gasket on it that is not covering the whole thing now that I replaced it. Would this cause my problem? And if so did I ruin the new component? Any help would be appreciated as I am getting frustrated with this thing.

#589 4 years ago

I pulled lm323 and the short went away. I had it installed upside down. Didnt see polarity so I just put it in. The offset must have made a leg short against itself. I reinstalled and still not showing a short but still blows the fuse. Perhaps I fried it and that is blowing the fuse?

10 months later
#1058 3 years ago

I am trying once again to get my F2K to work again. I am replacing the rectifier board and looking for a diagram of the solder points on the original board since they are not labeled. New board labels them as (e1, e2, e3, etc.)

1 week later
#1157 3 years ago

I am looking for a lift bar for the large drop target if anyone knows of one.
I finally got my F2K to boot after maybe a year of getting frustrated and walking away multiplr times. Now that it is working again I am sorting through other issues. Looking forward to playing this again.

#1162 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I will call pbr if I can find a part number. I have one that is the same length but it is another mfg. I can prob cut and drill it to work if I don't find one.
Also I am currently having a solenoid issue. Onle 1 pop is firing, and it fires when either pop is hit. Same with the slings. Either one gets hit and only the one activates. Also the drop targets are not resetting. I will be digging into this tonight but open to hearing thoughts on what would cause this.

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Probably a diode.

So would that likely be a diode on a coil?

2 weeks later
#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from tyking:

Thank you to everyone who helped me out trying to get the speech working on my pin. Finally fixed it today, as I worked through the steps discussed in another thread on the topic. Here are the before and after photos of the fix. Turned out I just had to move the wire from pin 9 to 11.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I may need to look through that thread. I only get some speech and I am going to dig into it soon.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from tyking:

There are a couple. This is one that goes deep into the weeds on troubleshooting everything around the speech chip and then some.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-no-speech
I was actually following your thread on the voltages, just to see what kind of readings i was getting compared to yours. Thanks.

Thanks for the link!
I am glad to have my game running again at least. It has been on the back burner for a long time while digging into other games.

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Not every game is worthy of a $2K+ playfield restoration. Some restorations are just to keep a game from becoming firewood. Here are some before and after pictures. The after picture was before clearing so it doesn't have any gloss to it yet. Looks like the game the game has gotten a lot of use since 2014
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Many times better than what you started with!

10 months later
#1664 2 years ago

Man, I dropped my backglass! Wasn't perfect but at least it was usable. Does anyone make a repro for this?

#1666 2 years ago

Man, I dropped my backglass! Wasn't perfect but at least it was usable. Does anyone make a repro for this?

Oh nice! I didn't think CPR did this title when I looked before. Thanks!

#1668 2 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

I have a used Flight 2000 backglass. Some red loss but presentable. Let me know- we can discuss price and I can send pics. I have bgresto packaging that I can send it in.

Thanks, I will prob get a new one though. I CC'd my pf and restored the coin door. At some point I may get to the cab and finish it.

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

The cpr f2k glass is one of their better repros. They have done about 3 runs so far. I bought a few over the years. Have one in current game.

Thanks. It deserves a new one anyway. Mine was flaked out.

#1671 2 years ago

Sad sight

20210928_173903 (resized).jpg20210928_173903 (resized).jpg
#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

SH*t happens, good thing the PF glass was in!

Yeah, that would have been way worse if it wasn't!

1 year later
#1978 1 year ago

Yeah, the balls stay in the maze after each game but they clear out on reboot. Your issue seems to be why it won't kickout a ball after starting a new game.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

So normal behavior except....doesn't kick out a ball starting a new game. It kicks out a ball if I press the empty #2 ball switch.
I've tested each of the 3 ball switches in the trough. They each show open when there is no ball there, and each show closed with there is a ball there. The switches are in the correct order from left to right (35, 34, 33).
Once I trigger the empty switch for #2 ball (switch 34), a ball is kicked out and all play resumes normally.

So maybe the second stage switch isn't closing when the second ball enters the maze. So the game only sees 1 ball in the maze.

#1993 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Doesn't matter. One ball or two balls locked a new game won't start. But I held down the middle trough switch at start up (with only one ball in the trough) and game starts. So it appears that when there is one ball sitting in the outhole, the center and right switch must both be closed. If my center switch trigger wire was longer, one ball would close it along with the right switch. Is this the way it's supposed to be? My triggers have been replaced. Not sure what they're supposed to look like. Picture anyone?

Are you sure switches are in the correct order? What happens when you only close the middle switch out of curiosity?

#1998 1 year ago

I'm still curious, what happens if you lock 2 balls in the maze and only activate the middle trough switch, will it start a game?

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I have a F2K backglass in poor condition. Free to anyone who wants it.
[quoted image]

Are you willing to ship? I would pay all costs and handling for the effort. I broke mine last year. Either way it's very cool to offer this.

#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I’ll ship. PM sent.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

1 week later
#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

Anyone have any comments about the replacement transistors now being recommended. I replaced Q18 for the solenoids and it seemed to do the trick, but after 3 months I lost the solenoids (including flippers) and the replacement seems to be OK still. However, one thing I noticed is that that replacements do have a higher resistance than the originals. Should I just swap out Q18 and Q19 as a test?

Is it the fuse under the playfield? Unless I am confusing my games I think there is a 2.5v slow blow under there that would cause this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-club-members-and-fans-welcome?tu=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.