(Topic ID: 124724)

Flight 2000 Club - members and fans welcome!

By Snux

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,325 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 5.55.11 PM (resized).png
PXL_20240310_020948866 (resized).jpg
PF (resized).JPG
IMG20230430200630 (resized).jpg
IMG_4170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4169 (resized).jpeg
9054E268-F271-40DC-805F-FFAB1924C7B8 (resized).jpeg
9AE80644-F808-46B1-9F40-1EDD65ADB443 (resized).jpeg
15ADFD65-8328-4778-834A-E5EA14EF10DB (resized).jpeg
IMG_9952 (resized).JPG
IMG_9950 (resized).JPG
IMG_9947 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
5D2006E0-2E7A-4A88-A92F-E32EC01C9A5C (resized).jpeg
IMG_9886 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodannar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 6 years ago

Rebuilt one of these as my first real pin. Was fantastic. Bottom pop bumper now locks on at start. Transistor must have blown on the driver board. Tested the transistor and it tests fine with a multimeter. Ive disconnected the coil for now. Any other ideas?

Lower pop bumper locks on on power up. Game all fine if disconnected.

#78 6 years ago

I put new plastics onto mine and it did wonders. Mine were pretty good just faded. Few cracks on the ball guide sections but were only noticeable if you looked for them. Getting the purple back as it should be instead of the faded grey they had become did wonders to refresh the game

1 month later
#83 6 years ago

Yep. Count down starts at whichever is the current sequence countdown target lit. Very annoying when one of your drop switches doesn’t register 100% of the time and you need to use the online rollover to register it

3 months later
#86 5 years ago

Manual is available on ipdb which shows the pinout on the connectors. Note that the number next to the wire indicates the pin not the order it appears as a line

7 months later
#201 5 years ago

Weirdbissue has appeared in my maccine tonight. When putting a 2nd ball into the lock it will continually reset both sets of drops and then eventually just end the ball and count off bonus.

After doing this, starting a game with 2 balls in the stepper, a ball won’t be kicked out from the trough. I’m suspecting maybe a trough switch issue, but that doesn’t explain the drop target resets. Seems like it’s triggering a nee ball cycle but not incrmenting the ball counter then giving up and ending the ball.

Also got replacement drop targets to fit, but they aren’t tombstone style and have the extra flange on the sides at the top. Have seen machines with both styles

#202 5 years ago

Definitely trough switch issue or adjustment Kicked 2 balls into shooter lane on a ball

1 month later
#252 5 years ago

Check that the switch in the lock is registering by going into switch test. http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/ballyss/rep/index3.htm
Also check that the trough switches are adjusted and registering correctly.

11 months later
#626 4 years ago

The weather here over the break has been horribly hot and smoke filled due to fires up and down our east coast line. I have spent a little time giving my Flight which was a moderately rough cabinet a little bit of love. The machine originally came to me as a box of disassembled parts and over the years has gradually been rebuilt and given small makeovers. The machine is very very far from perfect. the old MDF has swollen and delimitated in places. Its not smooth, but it is 10 times better than it was.
IMG_4446 (resized).jpegIMG_4446 (resized).jpegIMG_4449 (resized).jpegIMG_4449 (resized).jpegIMG_4453 (resized).jpegIMG_4453 (resized).jpeg

IMG_4493 (resized).jpegIMG_4493 (resized).jpegIMG_4495 (resized).jpegIMG_4495 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#632 4 years ago

NIce, what did you use as spacers between the new clear inland guides and the printed plastic?

#635 4 years ago

Far from perfect but a vast improvement from what it was. Passes the 3 step test (take 3 steps back and it looks good)

5392DFEA-CE39-455D-A261-407D5C7ED893 (resized).jpeg5392DFEA-CE39-455D-A261-407D5C7ED893 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#840 3 years ago

The b Light in my left Inlane is Locked in and I can’t determine why. All other controlled lamps are fine.

7 months later
#1275 3 years ago

Flippers on this game are meant to droop. If you’re don’t like how it plays, shift to inline with the lane guides and then see. Intended angle is the dropped flippers tbough. Makes the right drop target sweep easier and the middle shots more difficult

4 months later
#1438 2 years ago

My machine is continually resetting both drop target banks on game start.The drops continually reset and the ball is not kicked into the shooter lane.

If I kick a ball out manually from the trough by hitting the armature for the shooter lane, the resets stop... Coil 14 (trough) doesn't fire in test mode, but tests fine. Possible bad diode? reversed wiring? I did swap this coil out to check, Yellow is to the diode band side.

Going into switch test mode there are no stuck switches that I can find. All switches also test normal. If I take the glass off and drop down drop targets with the game started, it doest effect the behaviour. All drops main bank and side bank are reset continuously. This has me somewhat stumped.

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Doesn't fire in test mode but "tests fine" means not open windings or shorted windings on the coil itself ?
Bad transistor on the SDB ? (Q14 I think https://www.ipdb.org/files/887/Stern_1980_Flight_2000_Manual.pdf)

Test fine, as in correct resistance, has continuity when tested in isolation, continuity in the machine.
Coil fires if grounded. Transistor on the board isn’t shorted open. Tests same as other transistors. I can’t find any broken wires up the chain.

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

does it fire when you ground the transistor ? I'm wondering if crimp connector is bad or a cold solder joint on SDB

Yes, grounding the transistor Q14 fires the coil.

On game start, drops continually reset. shooter lane coil doesn't fire, if ball is moved out of trough lane into shooter lane. Drops stop resetting. Wiring around the drop targets seems fine also. Confused

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Read sections 3.9.2, 3.9.3 and 3.9.4 on pinwiki.com Bally/Stern section. This may help narrow this down.

I’ve read them and understand. Are you implying that the transistor itself could still be bad?

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Grounding the tab doesn't test the transistor it only tests the power path. It is likely a bad transistor and needs to be replaced.

Burned out resistor for that transistor on the back of the board

1 year later
#2121 1 year ago

Drooped is by design on this machine for flippers. makes shatzing the inlaces a little easier if you have the singe "F" setting set also

7 months later
#2209 7 months ago

Colour check on the pop bumpers, they are yellow with a dark blue highlight on the ribs and Stern S logo ? Looked closely at mine today and realised its a dark blue not black for the highlights, i have one that has white highlights that im looking to touch up to match

IMG_8603 (resized).jpegIMG_8603 (resized).jpegIMG_8604 (resized).jpegIMG_8604 (resized).jpeg
#2213 7 months ago

Thanks for the quick replies. They’ll look different no matter what once lit, already vastly different at the moment with the white. I’ll see how touch up painting goes on the hot press lines and report back

#2215 7 months ago

Far from perfect, but the hot stamped art never was. Great from players perspective/distance.

IMG_8613 (resized).jpegIMG_8613 (resized).jpegIMG_8615 (resized).jpegIMG_8615 (resized).jpegIMG_8616 (resized).jpegIMG_8616 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodannar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-club-members-and-fans-welcome?tu=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.