(Topic ID: 124724)

Flight 2000 Club - members and fans welcome!

By Snux

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,325 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 5.55.11 PM (resized).png
PXL_20240310_020948866 (resized).jpg
PF (resized).JPG
IMG20230430200630 (resized).jpg
IMG_4170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4169 (resized).jpeg
9054E268-F271-40DC-805F-FFAB1924C7B8 (resized).jpeg
9AE80644-F808-46B1-9F40-1EDD65ADB443 (resized).jpeg
15ADFD65-8328-4778-834A-E5EA14EF10DB (resized).jpeg
IMG_9952 (resized).JPG
IMG_9950 (resized).JPG
IMG_9947 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
5D2006E0-2E7A-4A88-A92F-E32EC01C9A5C (resized).jpeg
IMG_9886 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

I thought absence of the balls just prevented starting a game, not attract mode.

It will go into attract without balls, after the ball walker cycles 7 times.

This is important to note for troubleshooting with the playfield raised. You don't want balls installed just for them to be ejected and fly out / down during tests. So you can remove the balls, but you have to wait for the ball search / walker cycle. Or you can shim the outhole switches closed instead

#886 3 years ago

In the club after rescuing a completely dead example that was about to be parted out. Nothing worked! But it's playing nicely now, pending a few debugs and dialins.

The targets were of course mismatched, so I made my own decals. Went with custom, but tasteful, numerals inspired by real countdown clocks and Stern's logo of the day.

20200609_210814 (resized).jpg20200609_210814 (resized).jpg
#888 3 years ago

Redid spinner with decals from Marco. Almost made my own of those too, but wanted to compare quality and I was pleasantly surprised.

Originally that spinner has the diamond pattern and while it wasn't in bad shape, I found it uninspired and also too familiar from Old Chicago.

#889 3 years ago

So I got my F2K mostly dialed in and I have to say... of all the machines in my collection, and hundreds more I've played, I'm really intrigued by how unpredictably fast and backspin-inducing this game is. The playfield is far from perfect, but I have the Beehive overlay installed. Even so, it's faster than any other widebody I've played. The ridiculous backspin on the ball is as frustrating as it is fascinating: I can watch it cross from the pop area toward the left flipper return area, bounce favoring the inlanes, land on the post between then, and spin "backwards" toward the "B" or the outlane. Same behavior for the opposite direction of travel (rebound off drops to the right return area)...

And maybe it's how I have my flippers set, but trying to trap the ball is almost impossible! I have never played another game where the geometry and timing to aim a shot is so sensitive to the variable of ball speed. I rarely manage a chance to trap and set my shots to the walker, and trying to find the consistent sweet spot on the fly is so varied and frustrating. I severely underestimated how fast and challenging this game could be. Are they all like this, or is there something... different about mine? I mean I'm no stranger to fast, flowy, arrgh-inducing games, but there's something weird about this one I can't put my finger on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 199.95
$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-club-members-and-fans-welcome?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.