(Topic ID: 124724)

Flight 2000 Club - members and fans welcome!

By Snux

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,325 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 5.55.11 PM (resized).png
PXL_20240310_020948866 (resized).jpg
PF (resized).JPG
IMG20230430200630 (resized).jpg
IMG_4170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4169 (resized).jpeg
9054E268-F271-40DC-805F-FFAB1924C7B8 (resized).jpeg
9AE80644-F808-46B1-9F40-1EDD65ADB443 (resized).jpeg
15ADFD65-8328-4778-834A-E5EA14EF10DB (resized).jpeg
IMG_9952 (resized).JPG
IMG_9950 (resized).JPG
IMG_9947 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
5D2006E0-2E7A-4A88-A92F-E32EC01C9A5C (resized).jpeg
IMG_9886 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Working on my playfield. Hoping to finish it soon.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you painting that by hand?

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Thanks. I'm having fun.

I've been wanting a F2K for so long but every one I've seen within reason $$-wise has a beat up playfield. If there's ever a hardtop made for it or a run of CPR playfields, I might dive in. I just don't have the artistic talent to do major touchups or complete re-paints to take on something like that! Really looking forward to watching your progress....you should start your own F2K resto thread!

1 week later
#360 4 years ago

Wow....that came out really nice!!!

7 months later
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Finding those e-clips has proven to be elusive. They only sell them individually at Menards, but not at all stores.

Bought a box of these last year from Amazon Prime and never looked back:

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-50455A-Assortment-Treated-Retaining/dp/B000K7GRDW/ref=sr_1_3

1 month later
#693 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

There was no knocker on F2K. Electronic sound was added since there wasn't enough room on the sol driver for it.

I love F2K's electronic sound for a free game. Just as satisfying to me as the acoustical knocker!

6 months later
#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I just posted a very nice F2K in the classifieds of the market place.

Beautiful looking example, Lovef2k .

5 months later
#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Not lame to buy alltek.

I second that! I have a full set of Alltek boards (MPU, Lamp, Aux Lamp, and SDB) for keeping games running while I work on the original PCBs. Once I get the original PCBs working, back in the game they go and the Allteks go on the shelf until the next project comes in. Very helpful to have solid, known working boards to help triage stuff (like flaky connectors and other things unrelated to bad boards). It's an investment of several hundred dollars to cover all the PCBs, but I've had no regrets and so far it's helped me work thru getting 4 different Bally projects running over the last couple of years.

1 month later
#1458 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

None of it makes any sense to me at this point.
Anybody want to buy a broken Flight 2000 that works occasionally?

Yes. If you're serious, PM me.

#1468 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Haha. So funny and true. The machine is working well today. Still measuring 4.83 volts on the TP4 to TP5 MPU.
Next issue is to figure out why 2nd stage go light is always on. I’ll take a break for a while and just play the game to see how long it works reliably without shutting down/restarting the MPU board.

Probably a blown transistor on the light board.

3 months later
#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from A1k71:

I purchased few weeks ago a F2K.
Small things to fix here and there, almost done, BUT:
How can I reset those records??
I tried to rested from the switches on the coin door, but when I power back on those numbers are still there.
Any idea\suggestion.
Thank you in advance
[quoted image][quoted image]

Full disclosure: I don't have a F2K yet (it's on my wish list for a future project).

I'm pretty sure it can be reset like my Stern Meteor and early Bally's. Get to the high score record via the self test on the coin door, then push the button the MPU to clear it.

#1645 2 years ago
Quoted from A1k71:

Thank you , that solved partially, the High Score to date is now 0, but the score 5157575 still appear at the second "screen"
So power the pinball on, it shows High score To Date 0 on all four displays, then changes into player one display and shows 5157575, then go back to 0 on all four[quoted image]

You could have some floating bits/garbage in NVRAM on the MPU. I would do this: after getting thru the self test items from the coin door (after the stuck switch test, I think), "zero out" all of the remaining audit/bookkeeping settings by pushing the button on the MPU for each of the remaining selections in the coin door test routine. This will zero out everything, including score thresholds for free games/extra balls, high score, credits, coin drops per slot, etc. etc.).

After that, reboot the game and see if your 5157575 is gone. If it is, problem solved....now go back into those settings and set up the values you want for free game thresholds or other MPU settings that are done through the door and not the switch bank on the MPU (consult the F2K manual for those options).

4 weeks later
#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Hey, what is the deal with the guys who have been writing new code for old Bally and Stern games? I have seen videos of the updates to Meteor and Trident machines. The one for Trident seemed neat to me. If I remember correctly, someone mentioned they were doing the same thing for Flight 2000. Any videos of how the game plays with the different programming?

Here are a couple of threads that might interest you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-2021-new-code-for-stern-meteor-1979/page/5#post-6456244
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-m6800-in-a-stern-mpu100-with-an-arduino/page/5#post-6432924

#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Hey, what is the deal with the guys who have been writing new code for old Bally and Stern games? I have seen videos of the updates to Meteor and Trident machines. The one for Trident seemed neat to me. If I remember correctly, someone mentioned they were doing the same thing for Flight 2000. Any videos of how the game plays with the different programming?

There's this, too: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opening-flight-2000-new-software-up-to-the-community

1 month later
#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Man, I dropped my backglass! Wasn't perfect but at least it was usable. Does anyone make a repro for this?

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/flight-2000-3/

4 weeks later
#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Anyone looking to join the club, I have a nice F2K in the mark place.

Oy - I've been wanting a reasonably priced F2K project for over a year now (and yours appears to be reasonably priced)....I wish I was closer to pick up myself! Adding in shipping costs kills it for me. Plus I don't think Fastenal crosses East/West zones anymore. I'm sure it'll sell pretty quickly for you.

1 month later
#1701 2 years ago

If the tops of the drop targets are below the surface of the playfield when the targets are fully down, a slow rolling ball can/will get stuck. I've had success in raising the targets up, when in the resting position, so that the tops of the targets are level with the playfield. You can do this by putting a shim (tape, thin PETG plastic, etc) between the bottom of the target link arm and the reset bar (or wherever it rests). On some Bally's, specifically the '84 EBD, the target height is actually adjustable (great feature).

10 months later
#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If there are any fans of the game in this thread, I will be listing my game soon. It works perfect and has new plastics and cpr playfield installed. New boards and leds as well.

I'm looking for a F2K project. Can you beat yours up a bit and sell it to me cheap?

1 month later
#2086 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Pinsider rockwell runs wirebot and sells header pins and crimp contacts. Not sure if he sells the plastic connector housings.
https://wirebot.xyz/collections/0-100

Thanks for that link, @bluespin. Been looking for a good merchant for that kind of stuff since Ed shut down GPE and retired.

2 months later
#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

I'm slowly acquiring everything for a full restoration, but have been unable to find Apron Decals. Any sources?

I've been keeping my eye on this thread....I could use a set for my Meteor:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apron-decal-options

3 months later
#2184 10 months ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Sold my f2k last year to bosses husband.
Went over tonight to fix a few flaky lights and clean and wax.
Plus he told me it was acting funny sometimes.
Took glass off and played a 4 player game.
Multiball and everything working.
While in attract mode all displays went blank for a few seconds and then game rebooted
Never did this on me while I owned it for 3 years
Is this a cold solder / connector needing crimp problem?
Any help to point me in right direction appreciated.

On one of my original Bally MPUs a few years ago (Mata Hari), the game would occasionally reset on its own. In my case, it was VR1 in the reset circuit on the MPU. It regulates 12v, and occasionally it would dip below 8v and that would trigger the reset. There was evidence of a previous repair in that area of the MPU as well as evidence of cleaned-up acid damage.

If VR1 is good, trace the 12v wire back to the connector and re-crimp. If that doesn't solve it, maybe trace it back to the SDB and poke around 12v wires and connectors there?

See if this description matches your symptom(s): https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Bally/Stern#Reset_Circuit

6 months later
#2294 4 months ago

Flipper alignment doesn't have anything to do with bricking targets in my experience. It's more of an angle thing.....F2K is a wide body, so you want to have the flippers aligned in such a way that either flipper can hit the ball to the extreme outside of the opposite side of the playfield. On a widebody, that may mean dropping the flipper angle slightly below the line of the inlane guides. It's a personal preference, not a hard and fast rule. If you have a copy of the F2K manual, notice the picture on the front where the flippers are aligned slightly below the trajectory of the inlane guides.

The targets shouldn't brick when hit from any angle. Play with the spring tension on each target, make sure each target has no cracks or missing molds/edges (that rest on the memory coil ledges) that may have worn away after 40+ years, etc. I had similar issues with my Stern Meteor drop target bank and my ultimate solution was replacing the targets with Swink's reproductions. I went from bricking multiple targets 75% of the time to less than 2% of the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-club-members-and-fans-welcome?tu=Mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.