(Topic ID: 124724)

Flight 2000 Club - members and fans welcome!

By Snux

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,325 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 5.55.11 PM (resized).png
PXL_20240310_020948866 (resized).jpg
PF (resized).JPG
IMG20230430200630 (resized).jpg
IMG_4170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4169 (resized).jpeg
9054E268-F271-40DC-805F-FFAB1924C7B8 (resized).jpeg
9AE80644-F808-46B1-9F40-1EDD65ADB443 (resized).jpeg
15ADFD65-8328-4778-834A-E5EA14EF10DB (resized).jpeg
IMG_9952 (resized).JPG
IMG_9950 (resized).JPG
IMG_9947 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
5D2006E0-2E7A-4A88-A92F-E32EC01C9A5C (resized).jpeg
IMG_9886 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

Just picked up a mostly working F2K. Has a weird issue to sort out before I shop it. Mid game if I lock a ball it will sometime release the ball! I putti in switch mode and the ball lock switch and trough switches appear to be working.
I have another head with boards. I may just try swapping things. Need to get bothe game done before I play with this issue though.

#17 7 years ago

Hmm, I have had that with other Bally/sterns that the pop randomly fires. I supposed from a switch being triggered by a bad cap. Wit f2k it makes the game unplayable.

#20 7 years ago

Well. I haven't dug too much into the game since buying it. I have a few games I have to get out for other people first.
But I have fixed bad displays and the power board rebuilt by a reputable person.
I have also tried a completely different MPU out of the spare head. Same issues. So rule that out.

My guess would be its hard to test. Either it's a bad diode related to a switch. Or a flaky diode or cap that acts up after a bit.

#22 7 years ago

Mine is patiently waiting.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#24 7 years ago

Nice lookin game for a beater. I have never played the game. A buddy got a project and made it boot. Passed it on to me knowing I have three other widebodys that make a nice lineup.
Can't wait to play.

2 months later
#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I picked one up a few months ago; so far ive replaced the rectifier board, installed new plastics and a new BG and converted it to full LED. I highly recommend the small led boards that Vid reviewd, no more insert flicker! I have a cpr pf i need to install but I keep putting it off

Could you post a picture with the game on but backglass removed. I'm interested in what colors you put where?
I would like to snazz my game up a notch.
Fortytwo

#35 7 years ago

Where is a good source for the stand up targets. I broke a white one. Since I will never be a cpr resto game. I just want a nice enough target. Or target plastic. Switch is just fine.
I plan on ordering 1-5 drop targets too. Here's a pic of the playfeild all shopped out.
FortyTwo.

IMG_4386 (resized).JPGIMG_4386 (resized).JPG

IMG_4389 (resized).JPGIMG_4389 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#41 7 years ago

I noticed when shopping my game the metal fuse had been moved from factory to a more outward position. This reveled less of the first drop target.
I too have not been able to sweep them. But not sure if that is because I haven't gotten a clean shot.
When you do get it working a overhead picture without the plastic would help the rest of us. I'll play with mine this week also.

3 weeks later
#44 7 years ago

A wallhanger grade glass sells for about $50. But shipping is the worst part.
Here's mine from a spare head I plan on selling.
The boards are pretty much Bally and displays can be interchanged with a minor modification. Plus many have some laying around like myself.
The sound cards are the hardest to find working. This game has two a speech and sound. Heck I even have a spare head box with light board for one.

#45 7 years ago

IMG_4643 (resized).JPGIMG_4643 (resized).JPG

#47 7 years ago

There are two varietys of the sound card. If someone has swapped them a jumper will have to be added to the back to enable speech mixing. I have a spare set I plan on selling once I verify I don't have any issues with my game. Look me up if you neeed them.
Good luck with that game. If you know someone going to MGC I will be able to bring the glass to there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-club-members-and-fans-welcome?tu=Fortytwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.