(Topic ID: 124724)

Flight 2000 Club - members and fans welcome!

By Snux

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,325 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 5.55.11 PM (resized).png
PXL_20240310_020948866 (resized).jpg
PF (resized).JPG
IMG20230430200630 (resized).jpg
IMG_4170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4169 (resized).jpeg
9054E268-F271-40DC-805F-FFAB1924C7B8 (resized).jpeg
9AE80644-F808-46B1-9F40-1EDD65ADB443 (resized).jpeg
15ADFD65-8328-4778-834A-E5EA14EF10DB (resized).jpeg
IMG_9952 (resized).JPG
IMG_9950 (resized).JPG
IMG_9947 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
5D2006E0-2E7A-4A88-A92F-E32EC01C9A5C (resized).jpeg
IMG_9886 (resized).JPG
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 47.
#1751 2 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

My flippers are set on the pins (sagging) ... I have been able to do an alley-pass occasionally to collect the "o" .... I have also been able to sweep the 3 right drop targets and suppose the sagging flippers help there.
Another maneuver the sagging flippers allow is the center-post pass where the ball coming down an in-lane , across the face of a flipper then hits the center post to bounce up to the next flipper.

It could just be that I'm not very good at the alley pass shot...

I'm going to keep trying/practicing before I adjust them, just to be sure. I haven't played that may games on it since I got it a couple weeks ago.
I never knew about the center post bounce... I'll have to give that a try to. Thanks!

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

It could just be that I'm not very good at the alley pass shot...
I'm going to keep trying/practicing before I adjust them, just to be sure. I haven't played that may games on it since I got it a couple weeks ago.
I never knew about the center post bounce... I'll have to give that a try to. Thanks!

I don't have any real consistency with an alley-pass but I have been successful when I tried it. Usually when a catch attempt results in the ball roll up the in-lane is what collects it for me. The inner "f" lanes don't seem like something you can shoot for, it's just chopping wood 'til it happens. I do have the machine set to collect the "f"'s independently.

#1753 2 years ago

You guys are killing me with your beautiful playfields!

#1755 2 years ago

Thanks! I’m considering it. Wish it was half the price though. Haha. I’m keeping an eye out for used playfields too.

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Thanks! I’m considering it. Wish it was half the price though. Haha. I’m keeping an eye out for used playfields too.

I just picked up one of the new cpr playfields and they look really nice. Colors are very rich and vibrant & no flaws that I can detect.

Planning to do the swap next fall and a full cabinet restoration next year. I did a deep shop job/rebuild/harness cleaning on the game a couple years ago so that will save some time thankfully.

1 week later
#1757 2 years ago

Theres a F2k for 2800 in marketplace, I did not know that they are going for that these days, unassembled. I wonder how much mine is since the playfield is clearcoated..fully yoppsicled

1 week later
#1758 2 years ago

I threw one of those white ceramic power balls into our Flight 2000 a couple nights ago and my son and I are having a lot of fun with it. Anyone else ever done that for a change of pace?

#1759 2 years ago

Not sure where to post this, but I modded my lamp driver board following @gdonovan’s guide here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seawitch-from-scratch-allentown-edition/page/18#post-6676387

Some exposition: The board in question was fully working with Siegecraft adapters prior to my messing with it.

Now, everything is working great, except for the bonus multiplier lamps. They are all 5 flaky now. The function of the lamps per the drivers is correct (i.e. 2x lights, then 3x, then 4x, and so on like it’s supposed to). However, whatever is lit (even up to the max when they’re all lit) will flake out. Coil action makes them flake out and back on (i.e. flipping the flippers or a drop bank reset will make whatever you have lit turn off. Then flipping again, sometimes takes a few flips, they will turn back on).

I have NOT repinned my connectors but I’m not sure that’s the issue since some lamps are on J1 and some are on J3. How would they all 5 be acting strange in unison like this?

6529EAB0-6875-42F7-A71C-5E8C5E23118A (resized).jpeg6529EAB0-6875-42F7-A71C-5E8C5E23118A (resized).jpeg

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Not sure where to post this, but I modded my lamp driver board following gdonovan’s guide here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seawitch-from-scratch-allentown-edition/page/18#post-6676387
Some exposition: The board in question was fully working with Siegecraft adapters prior to my messing with it.
Now, everything is working great, except for the bonus multiplier lamps. They are all 5 flaky now. The function of the lamps per the drivers is correct (i.e. 2x lights, then 3x, then 4x, and so on like it’s supposed to). However, whatever is lit (even up to the max when they’re all lit) will flake out. Coil action makes them flake out and back on (i.e. flipping the flippers or a drop bank reset will make whatever you have lit turn off. Then flipping again, sometimes takes a few flips, they will turn back on).
I have NOT repinned my connectors but I’m not sure that’s the issue since some lamps are on J1 and some are on J3. How would they all 5 be acting strange in unison like this?
[quoted image]

Very odd, I'd double check for any solder whiskers first.

#1761 2 years ago

Anyone on this thread do a playfield swap and keep track of parts ordered? Was hoping to cheat and get a list of quantity and what lamp sockets to order for replacing gi and feature.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Anyone on this thread do a playfield swap and keep track of parts ordered? Was hoping to cheat and get a list of quantity and what lamp sockets to order for replacing gi and feature.

I went for warm white Yoppsicles for feature lights : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-praise-be-to-the-yoppsicle-
Then you don't need sockets.
Apparently they are not working/not ideal for GI, though.

#1763 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Very odd, I'd double check for any solder whiskers first.

I finally got a chance to crack her open and look around. It seems likely there was a MASSIVE coincidence with the extra ball lamp socket buss wire that connects that group of lights. It was working without fail until I did the LDB swap. Then I guess right after I started my first game, the screw holding the Extra Ball lamp socket to the playfield jarred loose and broke the solder connection between the socket and buss wire. Secured back and it seems to be working. Freak timing. Board seems to be doing pretty well. Some very light flickering but that occurred with the Seigecraft adapters too. Haven't tried swapping in a Weebly or Alltek to compare. Probably won't, I'm happy with the results!

Now I need to take apart my right flipper as it decided to gum up last night in play test. Definitely under 1000 plays since I rebuilt them, but more than a few hundred too. Not sure if it's the bushing, the spring, or the coil sleeve causing the hangups.

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Probably won't, I'm happy with the results!

My favorite mod for classic Bally/Stern, so satisfying to do.

#1765 2 years ago

Hey fellow F2k owners,

I'm new to the club since December 2021. Got a great machine from a friend and everything was working fine until a couple weeks ago it stopped talking.
I swear I didn't yell at it, insult it or say anything to hurt her feelings...

Here's what happened;
When I first got the machine, I noticed that every time I turned the machine on it would make a weird "very loud" yelp sound like a half spoken word or something (probably was an indicator of the issue to come)

Anyway, about 2/3 weeks ago as I was playing a game then I heard a loud high pitched kinda beeping or electrical sound and sure enough after that weird noise the speech stopped working. I think maybe my speech board took a dump and it might have to be replaced?

***The sound effects still work normal just no speaking.

I checked all the connectors on all the boards I even removed some and all the ribbon connectors and reinstalled them (I kinda did all this quickly) and plan to check things out again. But, before I do, I wanted to check here to see if this has ever happened to any of you owners and or if at least maybe someone could point me in the right direction for what to look for.

This is my first 80's machine I've ever owned so not too familiar with them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#1766 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I noticed that every time I turned the machine on it would make a weird "very loud" yelp sound like a half spoken word or something (

Believe it or not that's normal.

Reseat the chips on the speech board and if you have the ability to burn new eproms try that. I've had a couple speech boards that crapped out and was worried it was the synth chip but it was just the roms.

#1767 2 years ago

Hi All,

Having this problem with a stuck ball when trapping. Ball just gets stuck between the metal guide protector and the back of the flipper. Takes a swift whack to the side of the cabinet to get moving again. Not sure if the metal guide is just improperly installed or if I just need to replace inlane plastic. Hoping for suggestions on the best ways to fix. I've dialed in the playfield pitch, waxed area, and dropped the flippers to the guide pins. Improved, but still happens enough that my Flight....is not 2000.

Thanks in advance!

F2K Ball Stuck (resized).jpgF2K Ball Stuck (resized).jpgF2K Ball Stuck 2 (resized).jpgF2K Ball Stuck 2 (resized).jpg
#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Believe it or not that's normal.
Reseat the chips on the speech board and if you have the ability to burn new eproms try that. I've had a couple speech boards that crapped out and was worried it was the synth chip but it was just the roms.

ok, I wasn't sure that was normal or not.

good to know, thanks.

I'll try to reseat those chips and hopefully that does it!

thanks so much for the info.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from sdscribe:

Not sure if the metal guide is just improperly installed or if I just need to replace inlane plastic.

Your metal wire guide is to far to the right... Someone installed it wrong. Needs to be moved over. That wire guide was recommended by stern to fix the broken plastic tip so you can replace the plastic as well.

#1770 2 years ago

Question for you guys. I added those seigecraft boards to stop my playfield lights from flickering. Now the game over light does not illuminate on the back box. I broke out the schematic last night and it appears I should check out the J2 11 pin and Q33 MCR 106 transistor. The wires for the lamp socket seem fine on the back box, but the game over lamp socket is controlled light where I attached that seigecraft alligator clip to. Any troubleshooting tips for me?

#1771 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Your metal wire guide is to far to the right... Someone installed it wrong. Needs to be moved over. That wire guide was recommended by stern to fix the broken plastic tip so you can replace the plastic as well.

Hmmmm. Reading that the guide seems to do very little in protecting the plastic anyhow. Wondering if replacing the plastic with the PETG repro would suffice? Or does your experience say it will just get quickly broken again if I don’t move guide? Even if PETG? Not too keen nor experienced on drilling holes into playfield! Thanks again for input.

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from sdscribe:

Hmmmm. Reading that the guide seems to do very little in protecting the plastic anyhow. Wondering if replacing the plastic with the PETG repro would suffice? Or does your experience say it will just get quickly broken again if I don’t move guide? Even if PETG? Not too keen nor experienced on drilling holes into playfield! Thanks again for input.

The guide isn't supposed to protect the plastic. It's too prevent ball hang ups on the flipper between the inlane and the flipper. Operators didn't care about plastics when that kit came out.

I installed them on my new CPR playfield a little higher than the plastic so I probably get a little protection from that. Will try to remember to snap a pic of that tomorrow and post.

No doubt sometime makes either a plastic protector or a metal lane guide if not shouldn't be too hard to make.

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from sdscribe:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4843720

I did these up over a year ago. You can use them to print a set or have them laser cut in steel. I posted lots of photos when I did it and how I did it. Worked like a charm.

1 month later
#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Question for you guys. I added those seigecraft boards to stop my playfield lights from flickering. Now the game over light does not illuminate on the back box. I broke out the schematic last night and it appears I should check out the J2 11 pin and Q33 MCR 106 transistor. The wires for the lamp socket seem fine on the back box, but the game over lamp socket is controlled light where I attached that seigecraft alligator clip to. Any troubleshooting tips for me?

I just wanted to post that this issue is resolved. I'm not exactly sure how it was resolved, other than I moved the machine into another room and had to take the head off the machine along the way. I reseated all of the connections and made sure the alligator clip to the "Game Over" lamp was making good connection. Everything is working swell now.

1 week later
#1775 2 years ago

Houston, we have a problem with the Flight 2000.
Game started acting very weird Saturday. Started registering additional points from previously knocked down targets automatically, all solenoids stopped working, then automatically ending game. I think it's possibly something in the solenoid section of the rectifier board. About 6 months ago it started doing this weird stuff after a long session of playing so I shut it down and let it cool down. That solved the problem for a while. I would assume it allowed the thermal protector to reset? This time though an overnight shutdown did not work. However the solenoids inside the walker were working very weakly for about a minute then I lost all solenoids again for good. I'm guessing the thermal protector is shot?? All fuses are OK (dang! easiest fix never the problem) Anyway. Just wondering why a non functioning solenoid section of the board would have these weird scoring symptoms. Also, I'm planning to just replace the entire TA-100 board. Makes sense?

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

Houston, we have a problem with the Flight 2000.
Game started acting very weird Saturday. Started registering additional points from previously knocked down targets automatically, all solenoids stopped working, then automatically ending game. I think it's possibly something in the solenoid section of the rectifier board. About 6 months ago it started doing this weird stuff after a long session of playing so I shut it down and let it cool down. That solved the problem for a while. I would assume it allowed the thermal protector to reset? This time though an overnight shutdown did not work. However the solenoids inside the walker were working very weakly for about a minute then I lost all solenoids again for good. I'm guessing the thermal protector is shot?? All fuses are OK (dang! easiest fix never the problem) Anyway. Just wondering why a non functioning solenoid section of the board would have these weird scoring symptoms. Also, I'm planning to just replace the entire TA-100 board. Makes sense?

What is the solenoid voltage at the transformer rectifier board and at a playfield solenoid?

Is the under pf solenoid fuse good?

#1777 2 years ago

The voltage at the transformer rectifier board is 43V. Pretty much dead on. I didn't check across any of the solenoids. The fuses all show continuity. Actually I was checking all the contacts for quality in the Molex connectors and pin headers and found that J1 had a terminal that had backed out. I think it was the wire for the solenoid bus, but I have to admit I'm not absolutely sure cause the wire colors don't match the schematic. I pushed it back in place and booted up the game. The solenoids worked and I played the game for about a minute and then solenoids went dead again. Double checked that wire again and it still won't work. Fuse still checks OK. Could the discontinuity now be up in the solenoid bus? Also, now when I boot it up I still get the 7 dings, but the start button won't initiate a new game. Seems like it's locked up.

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

Also, now when I boot it up I still get the 7 dings, but the start button won't initiate a new game. Seems like it's locked up.

Depending on where the balls are at bootup, F2k runs the walker 7 times to walk them out. If your solenoids aren't working obviously this can't take place.

It's not locked up, it's waiting to see the balls. It will eventually give up and show the normal displays/lamp show.

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

The voltage at the transformer rectifier board is 43V. Pretty much dead on. I didn't check across any of the solenoids. The fuses all show continuity. Actually I was checking all the contacts for quality in the Molex connectors and pin headers and found that J1 had a terminal that had backed out. I think it was the wire for the solenoid bus, but I have to admit I'm not absolutely sure cause the wire colors don't match the schematic. I pushed it back in place and booted up the game. The solenoids worked and I played the game for about a minute and then solenoids went dead again. Double checked that wire again and it still won't work. Fuse still checks OK. Could the discontinuity now be up in the solenoid bus? Also, now when I boot it up I still get the 7 dings, but the start button won't initiate a new game. Seems like it's locked up.

Have the connector and rectifier pins been replaced? If old they could be making poor contact especially when heat is generated from the bad contact.

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Depending on where the balls are at bootup, F2k runs the walker 7 times to walk them out. If your solenoids aren't working obviously this can't take place.
It's not locked up, it's waiting to see the balls. It will eventually give up and show the normal displays/lamp show.

The balls are out of the walker. They are down in the collection tray or whatever you call it. I actually did try placing a couple balls in the walker as well, but the solenoids aren't firing. In both cases the white push button won't initiate a new game. Should I check for voltage elsewhere? I think the solenoid bus is up in the top case correct??

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Have the connector and rectifier pins been replaced? If old they could be making poor contact especially when heat is generated from the bad contact.

They look original. Some areas of the post and connector housings are pretty dark brown, so it's obvious they've been overheated over the years. The contacts themselves don't look bad. Probably were replaced some time in life of machine. Anyway, I guess I should just buy a new harness kit to go with the new rectifier board I'm waiting to receive. Is there a solenoid bus up in the top case behind the glass? I was thinking I should check up there for 43V.

#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

They look original. Some areas of the post and connector housings are pretty dark brown, so it's obvious they've been overheated over the years. The contacts themselves don't look bad. Probably were replaced some time in life of machine. Anyway, I guess I should just buy a new harness kit to go with the new rectifier board I'm waiting to receive. Is there a solenoid bus up in the top case behind the glass? I was thinking I should check up there for 43V.

The 43v solenoid voltage does go into the backbox to the solenoid driver board that controls the coils

#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

The 43v solenoid voltage does go into the backbox to the solenoid driver board that controls the coils

OK. I'll check up there tonight to see if it's getting 43v from the harness at the rectifier board. My guess is it's not because the wiring/connectors are aged too much.

#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

OK. I'll check up there tonight to see if it's getting 43v from the harness at the rectifier board. My guess is it's not because the wiring/connectors are aged too much.

I mated and unmated all the connectors at the rectifier and at the solenoid controller a few times to see if that would improve things and it did. The self test performed without a hitch. All solenoids firing and some better than before. But I still can't initiate a game when I push the button. I checked the button for continuity and it is good.
Is it possible that the coin lock out solenoid is the issue? Or is there some other reset or relay I need to check?

#1785 2 years ago

I mated and unmated all the connectors at the rectifier and at the solenoid controller a few times to see if that would improve things and it did. The self test performed without a hitch. All solenoids firing and some better than before. But I still can't initiate a game when I push the button. I checked the button for continuity and it is good.
Is it possible that the coin lock out solenoid is the issue? Or is there some other reset or relay I need to check?

#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

Is it possible that the coin lock out solenoid is the issue?

Absolutely not. That has zero to do with starting a game. All it does it move a lever to allow coins to drop when there is <max credits on the game.

Do you have credits on the game? Does the switch test show the credit button working?

#1787 2 years ago

The free game settings can be adjusted in the menu so that a free game is awarded at a very low point value. I did that with mine so that it pretty much awards a free game credit right away after hitting a few switches. If I remember correctly, it keeps my credits up around 25 all the time.

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Absolutely not. That has zero to do with starting a game. All it does it move a lever to allow coins to drop when there is <max credits on the game.
Do you have credits on the game? Does the switch test show the credit button working?

I used to but didn't think to check that. The guy that I bought the machine from had it set up already, so I never learned how to do it for myself.
Maybe it got dumped somehow??? I certainly didn't change it. I wonder how it could have been eliminated.
Stupid question, but how do I start a game manually? Last time before all solenoids went dead I only had 2000 points from drop down targets, so maybe I never reached minimum points for free game.

#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

I used to but didn't think to check that. The guy that I bought the machine from had it set up already, so I never learned how to do it for myself.
Maybe it got dumped somehow??? I certainly didn't change it. I wonder how it could have been eliminated.
Stupid question, but how do I start a game manually?

Look at the bottom of the coin mech you will see a switch (it might have a guard over it, depends on your coin door) - you 'flick' it to simulate a coin dropping. Of course if you have coin mechs in the door you can also drop a quarter through it.

The low replay thing is a trick from the past. Modern way to do it is update the roms to free play type. Weebly board has them built in. There's physical ways to do it as well, double up a switch on the credit button to add a credit. I have a couple of mine wired with a secondary switch that you hit the coin return to add a credit (despite having freeplay roms in all my games anyway.... sometimes nice to hear the coin drop sound, or if I want to do something like 'see how long I can make 4 credits last' type of things)

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Look at the bottom of the coin mech you will see a switch (it might have a guard over it, depends on your coin door) - you 'flick' it to simulate a coin dropping. Of course if you have coin mechs in the door you can also drop a quarter through it.
The low replay thing is a trick from the past. Modern way to do it is update the roms to free play type. Weebly board has them built in. There's physical ways to do it as well, double up a switch on the credit button to add a credit. I have a couple of mine wired with a secondary switch that you hit the coin return to add a credit (despite having freeplay roms in all my games anyway.... sometimes nice to hear the coin drop sound, or if I want to do something like 'see how long I can make 4 credits last' type of things)

OK Rookie mistake. Yes I drained down my credits while trouble shooting the solenoid issue. Didn't realize that and obviously pushing start button stops initiating games. Dropped a quarter in the coin mech and walah game starts up. What a moron.

So another question. One of my LED score displays flickers like fake fireplace. Over time it slowly heals but inevitably goes back to crippled condition. What is the recommended method for solving that? Clean the contacts on the connector one by one or just replace the part. I'm a little worried I wont get one that matches color and form.

#1791 2 years ago
Quoted from KurtisEBear:

So another question. One of my LED score displays flickers like fake fireplace. Over time it slowly heals but inevitably goes back to crippled condition. What is the recommended method for solving that? Clean the contacts on the connector one by one or just replace the part. I'm a little worried I wont get one that matches color and form.

If it's an original any stern 7 digit display will match.

Luckily that's usually an easy fix, you resolder the pins on the circuit board and the glass. There's likely a cracked solder joint on one of them (very common on the connector, not so common on the glass side)

#1792 2 years ago

I need to look into my multi-ball blast off issue again. I played a game last night and blasted off on ball #2. Two of the balls drained down the middle, but the third ball ended up locked in the ball walker. The game just sat there because it didn't know what happened to the third ball. Any ideas for what I need to look into to repair that? I presume it is something on the ball walker side of things. I've never really looked at how that mechanism works. It seems to work fine as far as locking two balls goes and launching them. The ball trough switches all seem fine from what I can tell too.

Thanks,
Tom

#1793 2 years ago

There is a way to do that on a working machine, if your timing is perfectly bad.

Is this the only time you've had that experience, or does it always do that?

#1794 2 years ago

Hi Clodpole. If I remember correctly it occurs if I get multi-ball on ball 1 or ball 2. Multi-ball seems to work fine if I get it on ball 3.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Hi Clodpole. If I remember correctly it occurs if I get multi-ball on ball 1 or ball 2. Multi-ball seems to work fine if I get it on ball 3.

...and the game is set for 3-ball play (as opposed to 5)?

#1796 2 years ago

Yes, 3 balls per game.

#1797 2 years ago

Hmmm... let's hope somebody who knows more than I do chimes in on this.

#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I need to look into my multi-ball blast off issue again. I played a game last night and blasted off on ball #2. Two of the balls drained down the middle, but the third ball ended up locked in the ball walker. The game just sat there because it didn't know what happened to the third ball. Any ideas for what I need to look into to repair that? I presume it is something on the ball walker side of things. I've never really looked at how that mechanism works. It seems to work fine as far as locking two balls goes and launching them. The ball trough switches all seem fine from what I can tell too.

Did it walk down to the first position in the walker or was it still at the top? The way the software works because there's only the entry switch, is that it has 'virtual' switches for the other 2 positions. If it didn't walk down, it missed the entry switch. If it did walk down and still didn't end, the virtual register is messed up.

I know when I rewrote f2k the routines require the entry switch to NOT be held down when entering. There should be enough room in front of switch for it to pop up while the ball is resting on the first switch.

Any time the virtual switch registers get screwed up it just won't work right.

#1799 2 years ago

Thanks slochar. I’ll take the glass off and try to replicate the problem. I’m almost certain it walked down to the stage 1 locker.

#1800 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Did it walk down to the first position in the walker or was it still at the top? The way the software works because there's only the entry switch, is that it has 'virtual' switches for the other 2 positions. If it didn't walk down, it missed the entry switch. If it did walk down and still didn't end, the virtual register is messed up.
I know when I rewrote f2k the routines require the entry switch to NOT be held down when entering. There should be enough room in front of switch for it to pop up while the ball is resting on the first switch.
Any time the virtual switch registers get screwed up it just won't work right.

Agree 100%. Had multi ball errors like this for years on mine and a friends F2K. I recently took apart and cleaned/adjusted the entrance switch for the ball walker and finally the problems on both games have gone away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 199.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-club-members-and-fans-welcome/page/36?hl=danmarino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.