(Topic ID: 124724)

Flight 2000 Club - members and fans welcome!

By Snux

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,711 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Robotworkshop
  • Topic is favorited by 67 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211130_193000 (resized).jpg
20211130_192956 (resized).jpg
20211130_193002 (resized).jpg
20211130_171855 (resized).jpg
IMG_0275 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
20211125_210413[2118] (resized).jpg
20211125_210422[2119] (resized).jpg
965F9AF7-9EE8-4976-AF82-7389849F2EA0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2334 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
20211024_144124 (resized).jpg
20211007_175727 (resized).jpg
20211007_175731 (resized).jpg
20211003_191757 (resized).jpg
20211003_213344 (resized).jpg

There are 1,711 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 35.
#1651 4 months ago
Quoted from clodpole:

Good job DanMarino; those mechanisms are very sensitive to slight misalignments as well as friction on the sliding or rotating parts. Your cleaning job should help.
You'll laugh, but when I first learned how to clean up solenoids, I was able to repair our home's doorbell. It had rung the "ding" but not the "dong" for years. The same kind of cleaning you just did fixed it!

Excellent plunger-polishin' ding dong work.

#1652 4 months ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Excellent plunger-polishin' ding dong work.

Thanks! I smile whenever the doorbell rings now.

1 week later
#1653 3 months ago

Hi Flight 2000 guys. I have several of those red plastic posts that are cracked and disintegrating. Where can I buy replacements?

Also, I have flipped the dip swtich on my game so that it will award an extra ball. Can someone explain exactly how you earn the extra ball? I think it has something to do with the red special lights that illuminate after a Blast Off? I'm pretty sure I hit that stationary bonus multiplier target a couple of times during multi-ball and it awarded me an extra ball. Am I correct on that?

Thanks!

#1654 3 months ago

Marco has the correct faceted posts, both short and tall:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-11561-20
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-11562-20

I have no clue on how EB works in this game

#1655 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Can someone explain exactly how you earn the extra ball? I think it has something to do with the red special lights that illuminate after a Blast Off? I'm pretty sure I hit that stationary bonus multiplier target a couple of times during multi-ball and it awarded me an extra ball.

The only way on flight 2000 to earn an extra ball with the stock software is to set specials to pay extra balls. So the center target, and the outlanes, will light for special, and you hit it.

IIRC it's the second time you spell blast off but don't quote me on that.

Have you seen the rewritten software for it yet?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opening-flight-2000-new-software-up-to-the-community/

It's not open to changes at this point it's considered done. Although the source code is available for anyone that wants to change it. I unmarried the specials and the extra ball functions, so the center target can score an extra ball while the outlanes still score specials/replays, for exactly the reason that it's kind of silly to do one but not the other. Getting the EB is so rare anyway.

#1656 3 months ago

Here's a cool photo my son took of our Flight 2000 last night as we played a few games. Samsung phones take some nice photos.

IMG_8397[1] (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1657 3 months ago

Yesterday after work I had a nice game for me. I really am enjoying the dip switch setting change that allows the "Special" to award an extra ball. I played 2 or 3 games and then had a game where I achieved two Blast Off multi-balls. During each multi-ball I was able to spell Blast Off again and was awarded an extra ball twice after hitting the red "Special" lights. I like how the red "Special" lights moved around alternating between the left and right out lanes and that center "Special" target up the middle of the ball walker. Since the "Special" lights are usually not illuminated, they get your attention with the bright red color. I'm also really happy that the "Shoot Again" light is working properly now. Thanks to everyone who helped me diagnose and repair that issue.

IMG_8417[1] (resized).JPG
#1658 3 months ago

There's a nice looking Flight 2000 included in the upcoming Museum of Pinball auction. Would you care to speculate on what it may sell for? My simple guess is that it, and other early SS games go for reasonably "true" prices. Unlike, for example, later games like Addams Family.

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/80/lot/19585?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F80%3Fpage%3D10%26fbclid%3DIwAR3HDvwK4R5C_bcl7L2IX5q9nNTXxY8vr30Hq7ETw-8KFi9IVCBm-cB1fRY

For that matter, I wonder if it will be possible to find out what it sold for?

#1659 3 months ago
Quoted from clodpole:

There's a nice looking Flight 2000 included in the upcoming Museum of Pinball auction. Would you care to speculate on what it may sell for? My simple guess is that it, and other early SS games go for reasonably "true" prices. Unlike, for example, later games like Addams Family.
https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/80/lot/19585?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F80%3Fpage%3D10%26fbclid%3DIwAR3HDvwK4R5C_bcl7L2IX5q9nNTXxY8vr30Hq7ETw-8KFi9IVCBm-cB1fRY
For that matter, I wonder if it will be possible to find out what it sold for?

It's hard to say. I'm seeing crazy prices for classic Sterns these days. I missed a Big Game that came up on the FB market place for $475. A friend sent the link to me but I was working.

#1660 3 months ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

It's hard to say. I'm seeing crazy prices for classic Sterns these days. I missed a Big Game that came up on the FB market place for $475. A friend sent the link to me but I was working.

A Viper showed up out here for $800 and sold fast as well. I don't think I've ever even seen a Viper in person, let alone for sale. Anyway, I hope the F2K finds a good home for a reasonable price.

#1661 3 months ago

Hey, what is the deal with the guys who have been writing new code for old Bally and Stern games? I have seen videos of the updates to Meteor and Trident machines. The one for Trident seemed neat to me. If I remember correctly, someone mentioned they were doing the same thing for Flight 2000. Any videos of how the game plays with the different programming?

#1662 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Hey, what is the deal with the guys who have been writing new code for old Bally and Stern games? I have seen videos of the updates to Meteor and Trident machines. The one for Trident seemed neat to me. If I remember correctly, someone mentioned they were doing the same thing for Flight 2000. Any videos of how the game plays with the different programming?

Here are a couple of threads that might interest you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-2021-new-code-for-stern-meteor-1979/page/5#post-6456244
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-m6800-in-a-stern-mpu100-with-an-arduino/page/5#post-6432924

#1663 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

There's this, too: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opening-flight-2000-new-software-up-to-the-community

1 month later
#1664 69 days ago

Man, I dropped my backglass! Wasn't perfect but at least it was usable. Does anyone make a repro for this?

#1665 69 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Man, I dropped my backglass! Wasn't perfect but at least it was usable. Does anyone make a repro for this?

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/flight-2000-3/

#1666 69 days ago

Oh nice! I didn't think CPR did this title when I looked before. Thanks!

#1667 69 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I have a used Flight 2000 backglass. Some red loss but presentable. Let me know- we can discuss price and I can send pics. I have bgresto packaging that I can send it in.

#1668 68 days ago
Quoted from emsrph:

I have a used Flight 2000 backglass. Some red loss but presentable. Let me know- we can discuss price and I can send pics. I have bgresto packaging that I can send it in.

Thanks, I will prob get a new one though. I CC'd my pf and restored the coin door. At some point I may get to the cab and finish it.

#1669 67 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Thanks, I will prob get a new one though. I CC'd my pf and restored the coin door. At some point I may get to the cab and finish it.

The cpr f2k glass is one of their better repros. They have done about 3 runs so far. I bought a few over the years. Have one in current game.

#1670 67 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

The cpr f2k glass is one of their better repros. They have done about 3 runs so far. I bought a few over the years. Have one in current game.

Thanks. It deserves a new one anyway. Mine was flaked out.

#1671 67 days ago

Sad sight

20210928_173903 (resized).jpg
#1672 67 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Sad sight
[quoted image]

SH*t happens, good thing the PF glass was in!

#1673 67 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

SH*t happens, good thing the PF glass was in!

Yeah, that would have been way worse if it wasn't!

#1674 61 days ago

I have joined the club hello! Got this on Saturday, lots of cleaning to do. Question about these certain areas (see pics) looks like the first layer of paint is flaking/chipping away. Any good solution on how to clean these areas? I plan on getting the PF Clearcoated but not sure how to prep those areas.

20211003_191757 (resized).jpg20211003_213340 (resized).jpg20211003_213344 (resized).jpg
#1675 60 days ago

SMP14 - welcome. F2K is a real fun game to play and offers endless "fun with maintenance".

#1676 54 days ago

Update. Disassembled, cleaned, touched up a little and its currently getting clear coated!

20211007_175727 (resized).jpg20211007_175731 (resized).jpg
#1677 54 days ago

Looks great compared to mine.

1 week later
#1678 41 days ago

Any idea if there are decals available to purchase or some great mind created a file ready top be printed on Water Slide paper??
I am going to replace the plastic inserts on the playfield.
Thank you in advance for any help and suggestion

#1679 41 days ago

Found this rubber piece in the backbox, any idea if it belongs to the game?
Thanks

20211024_144124 (resized).jpg
#1680 41 days ago
Quoted from SpartanC:

Found this rubber piece in the backbox, any idea if it belongs to the game?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Not that I ever saw.

#1681 40 days ago
Quoted from A1k71:

Any idea if there are decals available to purchase or some great mind created a file ready top be printed on Water Slide paper??
I am going to replace the plastic inserts on the playfield.
Thank you in advance for any help and suggestion

I restored all inserts for my F2K and create those files, not sure if i still have, i will check later.

#1682 39 days ago
Quoted from HPR:

I restored all inserts for my F2K and create those files, not sure if i still have, i will check later.

Thank you, please let me know

#1683 39 days ago

Anyone looking to join the club, I have a nice F2K in the mark place.

Archived after 15 days
Not sold
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work “I listed this and took the ad down after two days. I had several people ask if it boots up. I removed the ad and tossed the head on and got the 7 flashes. See the video. Was able t...”
2021-10-23
Whitehouse Station, NJ
1,500 (Firm)

#1684 39 days ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Oy - I've been wanting a reasonably priced F2K project for over a year now (and yours appears to be reasonably priced)....I wish I was closer to pick up myself! Adding in shipping costs kills it for me. Plus I don't think Fastenal crosses East/West zones anymore. I'm sure it'll sell pretty quickly for you.

#1685 39 days ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I saw Pete’s Flight 2000 at the York show last month. The playfield looked really nice for an original machine. My Flight 2000 is worn out and beat. This looks like a fantastic and easy project for someone looking for a great classic Solid State machine. Pete is also a great seller and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from him again.

Machine - For Sale

Stern Flight 2000

Used - shows wear, needs some work “I listed this and took the ad down after two days. I had several people ask if it boots up. I removed the ad and tossed the head on and got the 7 flashes. See the video. Was able t...”

3 days ago

Whitehouse Station, NJ

1,500 (Firm)

ibuypinballs

#1686 33 days ago

Shopping out my newly acquired Flight 2k and missing one drop target. Any chance I could buy just one from someone? Doesn’t matter which one as I’m getting decals anyhow. Thanks!

image (resized).jpg
#1687 33 days ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Shopping out my newly acquired Flight 2k and missing one drop target. Any chance I could buy just one from someone? Doesn’t matter which one as I’m getting decals anyhow. Thanks!
[quoted image]

The ones I got are kinda dirty, I'll shoot you a PM

IMG_2334 (resized).JPG
#1688 33 days ago

I was able to get replacement drop targets from Marco earlier this year.

#1689 33 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I was able to get replacement drop targets from Marco earlier this year.

My understanding is the repros are slightly wider so if I replace one I have to replace them all. Figured somebody might have replaced theirs and have the old ones still.

#1690 30 days ago

I have a couple repros in my F2K and have no problems.

#1691 30 days ago

Oh okay good to know! Going to try one from chas10e. Thanks everyone!

#1692 29 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I have a couple repros in my F2K and have no problems.

Me too. I replaced my 1-5 drop targets with ones from Marco.

1 week later
#1693 19 days ago

Can anyone tell me the story of these orange plastics?

965F9AF7-9EE8-4976-AF82-7389849F2EA0 (resized).jpeg
#1694 18 days ago

Wow! I'm curious too!

#1695 18 days ago

Gary, the plastics company screwed up and put the wrong colors on. What do you want to do?

"Don't pay them, ask for replacements, and we'll use them anyway".

#1696 18 days ago

Orange is the new purple. haha.

#1697 17 days ago

Boy, I'd keep those for sure! They're in good shape and super rare, and with the right lighting would look really neat.

#1698 17 days ago

Orange is the new blue? haha. I'm not sure which way it was supposed to go.

1 week later
#1699 8 days ago

Looking for suggestions on how to solve this frequent situation (ball stuck between the side drop targets)…..

20211125_210413[2118] (resized).jpg20211125_210422[2119] (resized).jpg
#1700 8 days ago

Try putting pieces of paper match stick under the band behind the drops. This is for testing to see if shimming the band out will cure the problem.
If that works, maybe some movement of the uprights or wrap the groove with some fishing line to move the band.
Others have cut the drops to provide some slope.

There are 1,711 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside