(Topic ID: 124724)

Flight 2000 Club - members and fans welcome!

By Snux

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,325 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 5.55.11 PM (resized).png
PXL_20240310_020948866 (resized).jpg
PF (resized).JPG
IMG20230430200630 (resized).jpg
IMG_4170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4169 (resized).jpeg
9054E268-F271-40DC-805F-FFAB1924C7B8 (resized).jpeg
9AE80644-F808-46B1-9F40-1EDD65ADB443 (resized).jpeg
15ADFD65-8328-4778-834A-E5EA14EF10DB (resized).jpeg
IMG_9952 (resized).JPG
IMG_9950 (resized).JPG
IMG_9947 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
5D2006E0-2E7A-4A88-A92F-E32EC01C9A5C (resized).jpeg
IMG_9886 (resized).JPG
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Finding those e-clips has proven to be elusive. They only sell them individually at Menards, but not at all stores.

Bought a box of these last year from Amazon Prime and never looked back:

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-50455A-Assortment-Treated-Retaining/dp/B000K7GRDW/ref=sr_1_3

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Finding those e-clips has proven to be elusive. They only sell them individually at Menards, but not at all stores.

I try to shop local all of the time. Unfortunately, I keep getting more and more situations where that is not possible. But when it comes to Lowes, Home Depot, and Menards, since they are corporate behemoths, I don't care.

Amazon to the rescue.

https://www.amazon.com/s

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Bought a box of these last year from Amazon Prime and never looked back:
amazon.com link »

I bought a box just like that(probably diff brand) at Harbor Freight. It contained every size of clip except the one I needed. Either too big or too small.

#654 4 years ago

Looking at a F2K and can't figure out what is going on with the bottom pop bumper. I just repaired the solenoid/driver board and Q3 was installed backwards. This connects to the bottom pop bumper and it's a wiring/hacking mess. I wonder if the transistor was installed backwards and then the person hacked their way to make it work. I just can't wrap my ahead around what's going on. The Red&Black wire is attached to the ground braid in the back of the machine .
IMG_5070 (resized).JPGIMG_5070 (resized).JPGIMG_5071 (resized).JPGIMG_5071 (resized).JPGIMG_5072 (resized).JPGIMG_5072 (resized).JPGwiring (resized).JPGwiring (resized).JPG

#655 4 years ago

They made the pop bumper react directly instead of using the driverboard transistor (possibly because it was blown). The low voltage switch is activating the relay, which activates the pop bumper.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

They made the pop bumper react directly instead of using the driverboard transistor (possibly because it was blown). The low voltage switch is activating the relay, which activates the pop bumper.

Thank you! I get it now.

This seems like a ton of work and additional parts. Would have been easier to correctly install the tip102 .

Question is--do I leave it or switch it back?

#657 4 years ago

Does any supplier sell these rivet-looking drop target arm ends? I am missing a few, and so far, no luck finding any on Marco or PBL.

I may have found a workaround at the local hardware store, which is a screw-in dowel thingy.

IMG_20200208_183652 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_183652 (resized).jpg
#658 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Does any supplier sell these rivet-looking drop target arm ends? I am missing a few, and so far, no luck finding any on Marco or PBL.
I may have found a workaround at the local hardware store, which is a screw-in dowel thingy.[quoted image]

If anyone had these still it would be Pinball Resource. How many to you need? I may have a few spares.

Also you should try to remove the surface rust from the ones you do have. I run them in a tumbler with walnut media. Or dip them in Evapo-Rust for a few minute and then wipe them with a light oil.

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

If anyone had these still it would be Pinball Resource. How many to you need? I may have a few spares.
Also you should try to remove the surface rust from the ones you do have. I run them in a tumbler with walnut media. Or dip them in Evapo-Rust for a few minute and then wipe them with a light oil.

The part number for the pin is 2A-230 and the E clip is 17A-104-25

Also check the floor of the cabinet for any small parts, you'll be amazed at what you might find. Drag a magnetized screw driver through the crap in the bottom of the cab.

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

The part number for the pin is 2A-230 and the E clip is 17A-104-25
Also check the floor of the cabinet for any small parts, you'll be amazed at what you might find. Drag a magnetized screw driver through the crap in the bottom of the cab.

If I had the cabinet, I would. All I have is the playfield. Yes, I'm restoring just part of a F2K. But with no Sunday car any more, I restore this.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

If I had the cabinet, I would. All I have is the playfield. Yes, I'm restoring just part of a F2K. But with no Sunday car any more, I restore this.

Did you see my other post #658?

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Did you see my other post #658?

I have read your post. Let me get back to you on that. I have to put a few sub-assemblies back togeher, order some basic things from PBL and see where I'm at.

#663 4 years ago

For the 3-drop target bank, one of my switches is all messed up at the very end.

Anyone got a URL for PBL or marco for an exact replacement? I haven't found any exact matches. Can't be too obscure as it's just registering a drop target hit.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

For the 3-drop target bank, one of my switches is all messed up at the very end.
Anyone got a URL for PBL or marco for an exact replacement? I haven't found any exact matches. Can't be too obscure as it's just registering a drop target hit.

There are not too many replacement switches for early solid state games. You may find some generic switches and few direct replacements. Usually you will need to rebuild the switch.

Pinball Resource has the parts to rebuild them. Universal blades that you can to length and install new gold flashed contacts on them. Usually you can reuse the old bakolite stacks and the plastic cylinders that hold them together. Buy all 3 gauges of blades that they offer so you have them on hand. Might as well replace the diode while your at it.

#666 4 years ago

Hi, everyone. I'm still working on my F2K restoration and I noticed that the speaker has like 3 holes in it. The speaker has stamped on it 8 ohm and I'm assuming it's original to the game. 8 ohm 6" speakers are pretty rare compared to the 4 ohm, same sized speakers. Has anyone replaced their speaker with a 4 ohm? Or, if you have a link to an 8 ohm replacement, that would work too. Thanks!

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from dubby:

Hi, everyone. I'm still working on my F2K restoration and I noticed that the speaker has like 3 holes in it. The speaker has stamped on it 8 ohm and I'm assuming it's original to the game. 8 ohm 6" speakers are pretty rare compared to the 4 ohm, same sized speakers. Has anyone replaced their speaker with a 4 ohm? Or, if you have a link to an 8 ohm replacement, that would work too. Thanks!

I don’t remember if it is a 6” or 6.5” speaker but there are a bunch of 8ohm of both sizes on Amazon.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from dubby:

Try this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-magic-speaker

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I don’t remember if it is a 6” or 6.5” speaker but there are a bunch of 8ohm of both sizes on Amazon.

I measured 6" on the speaker. I'll look again on Amazon, but I don't think the 8 ohm are very common. I see that cottonm4 linked a different site. I'll look at that, as well.

#674 4 years ago

Been working on my F2K restore. Spent some time taking the drop target banks apart to clean and polish everything. Kept everything original except for the plastic targets. Thought i’d share some after pics ..

9066D431-73D2-469B-8532-696D65D39A90 (resized).jpeg9066D431-73D2-469B-8532-696D65D39A90 (resized).jpegA3468D8A-61EC-4411-81D2-21B7056E9424 (resized).jpegA3468D8A-61EC-4411-81D2-21B7056E9424 (resized).jpeg
#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Been working on my F2K restore. Spent some time taking the drop target banks apart to clean and polish everything. Kept everything original except for the plastic targets. Thought i’d share some after pics ..[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work !

#676 4 years ago

Great to see how things are put together.
I always wondered how other brands are doing the memory drop targets.
I hadn't seen one from Stern jet.

1 week later
#677 4 years ago

With no luck finding shoulder pins, I decided to 3D print my own. A few mm too long, but nothing I can't change. Yes, the targets are getting replaced.

IMG_20200229_134157 (resized).jpgIMG_20200229_134157 (resized).jpg
#678 4 years ago

1/4 x 1/2 grooved clevis pin

ebay.com link: Clevis Pin Grooved 1 4 x 1 2 SS300 PL 25 Pieces

the above with free shipping is a MUCH better deal than : ebay.com link: ZORO SELECT 15929 1 4x1 2 S S GROOVED CLEVIS

the Harbor freight e-clips are garbage, I got some from Steve Young at Pinball resource ( good price on drop targets there too )

1 week later
#679 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

With no luck finding shoulder pins, I decided to 3D print my own. A few mm too long, but nothing I can't change. Yes, the targets are getting replaced.[quoted image]

Action pinball suggests "Bally S-458-27" as a replacement for this discontinued shoulder stud but out of stock and overpriced. http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=2A-230

#680 4 years ago

Great thread, i'm in the process of trying to bring a parts Flight 2000 back to life, boards are back to working condition, playfield is stripped down and a bit of touchup has been done, still needs a little bit more, but it looks a lot better than before, paint is not a perfect match.

Here are pictures of before and after:

20200304_151715 (2) (resized).jpg20200304_151715 (2) (resized).jpg20200307_165610 (1) (resized).jpg20200307_165610 (1) (resized).jpg
#681 4 years ago

Joined the club last Night! My First classic SS Stern.

20200309_185025 (resized).jpg20200309_185025 (resized).jpg20200309_185041 (resized).jpg20200309_185041 (resized).jpg20200309_185048 (resized).jpg20200309_185048 (resized).jpg
#682 4 years ago

2 questions.
Where's the volume and how do you get it on Free Play?

#683 4 years ago

Volume should be the cylindrical knob just in front of the speaker in the cabinet and I don’t believe there’s a free play option.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Volume should be the cylindrical knob just in front of the speaker in the cabinet and I don’t believe there’s a free play option.

Thanks.
I will look again. I've been around awhile and was really looking everywhere. It was late and I've been gone all day. So , I will check tonight.
I was beginning to think it was in head.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

2 questions.

You set a credit by score threshold to 10,000 and the other two to whatever the score card reads

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

You set a credit by score threshold to 10,000 and the other two to whatever the score card reads

I had to put quarters in last night. Everything works, this thing is perfect for route. Just missing susan B mech center. Kind of want one now.

#687 4 years ago

I had to put quarters in last night. Everything works, this thing is perfect for route. Just missing susan B mech center. Kind of want one now.

I can probably scrounge up an SBA mech if you need one. F2K also mt first SS pin, hence my pinside and rgp name. Had 4 so far, have a beautiful resto that I did on the current one.

#688 4 years ago

2 questions.

You can get it on FreePlay, but that would require new roms.
There is a FreePlay set in PinMame called flightfp.zip
Look on http://vpuniverse.com in the downloads section.
You do need to become a member.

#689 4 years ago

All right. Manual says knocker lower front cabinet. I have no knocker and no wires wondering around for a home, or even see screw holes in wood where one would have been.
Did this game come with a knocker?

#690 4 years ago

All right. Manual says knocker lower front cabinet. I have no knocker and no wires wondering around for a home, or even see screw holes in wood where one would have been.
Did this game come with a knocker?

There was no knocker on F2K. Electronic sound was added since there wasn't enough room on the sol driver for it.

#691 4 years ago

The knocker on early sterns is located on the plywood base next to the rectifier board, look to the right, you may see 2 small pre-drilled holes.

#692 4 years ago

Classic stern/bally solenoid driver circuits have 16 drivers for the coils IIRC. Since F2K has 5 coils just for the 1-5 drop targets, a third of them were used up, leaving only 11 drive circuits. EBD is another game with excessive coils. Bally designed a special board for that game called the solenoid expander board. (SEB)

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

There was no knocker on F2K. Electronic sound was added since there wasn't enough room on the sol driver for it.

I love F2K's electronic sound for a free game. Just as satisfying to me as the acoustical knocker!

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I love F2K's electronic sound for a free game. Just as satisfying to me as the acoustical knocker!

I think there's a blast sound when winning exta ball.

#695 4 years ago

Recently I've created a Tech Chart for Flight 2000.
I did not find anything for a knocker in the manual and schematics.
So it is also not listed in my Tech Chart.
The file will be on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl at the end of the month.

#696 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Recently I've created a Tech Chart for Flight 2000.
I did not find anything for a knocker in the manual and schematics.
So it is also not listed in my Tech Chart.
The file will be on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl at the end of the month.

Correct. No knocker on F2K

#697 4 years ago

The new code that Slochar is working on adds the missing knocker back into the game. Looking forward to adding it!

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

The new code that Slochar is working on adds the missing knocker back into the game. Looking forward to adding it!

+1

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

How do you think he is going to do that?
All solenoid transistors are used.
You could change the coin lockout to be used as knocker, but all others are used in the game.

Stern_Flight-2000_Tech_Chart.pdfStern_Flight-2000_Tech_Chart.pdf
#700 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

How do you think he is going to do that?
All solenoid transistors are used.
You could change the coin lockout to be used as knocker, but all others are used in the game.[quoted image]

Was going to use the coin lockout driver. I think there will be two versions. One that can use a knocker instead of coin lockout and another leaving it alone and keep the sound.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 125.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 3.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-club-members-and-fans-welcome/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.