Years back, before CPR released anything, I rescued a F2K from the dead, but the backglass was half flaked away and the playfield down to the wood in a bunch of areas. I played it a lot, but eventually it left because it was such an eyesore. I love the game because it's such a challenge to play, and that ball walker is a cool lock mechanism.
So when one came up on Ebay that was worth more in spare parts than as a whole machine, I picked it up without looking too hard.
There's not a lot of original in this machine.... it's got :
New CPR playfield
New CPR backglass
New CPR plastics
New PinScore LED displays
New Alltek MPU
New Alltek lamp driver
New Alltek solenoid driver
New Alltek bridge/PSU board
Powder coated coin door and legs.
On getting it back home, a few surprises were found. The previous owner had a brand new transformer built, which is cool, although the wiring doesn't look too great...
The inside of the cab has a whole load of fairly nasty cabling which was put in for a bunch of external cab lighting. That'll be coming out.
The power switch could also do with a cover. Until then I'll be careful where I lay down my screwdriver :
For some reason too in the past the playfield loom was cut and had then been put back together..
So some work to do with those. In addition there are a few other things I need to work through.
- a couple of playfield lamps are out, I suspect that's wiring
- the spinner switches were upside down, so closed when they should be open. Fixed already.
- speech works a little bit, and only sometimes.
- couple of other switches need a little adjustment
- one of the replacement displays is faulty. I know it's the display, not the wiring, as the fault follows the display. I'll drop PinScore a line.
So what else is out there? Any tasteful mods for F2K?