Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bluespin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I picked up this absolute basket case of a Flight 2000 and I’m trying to work through some mechanical issues. I want to see if I can get it running to decide if I want to keep it or sell it to someone as a project. I’ve never played it before so I thought that would be a good place to start.

Boards look good. Someone actually installed a remote battery pack at some point.

I have two main issues.

1. The flippers work but no other coils will work. Their respective switches score points, but the coils don’t fire. The coil fuse (F-4) tests fine.

2. The two coin door buttons don’t work so I can even try to get into any type of test menus. Pressing them does nothing.

#2 1 year ago

There's a fuse on the playfield for all the coils that aren't flippers. https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=887&picno=49156&zoom=1

Make sure the cabinet switch connecter is well connected (lower right of MPU)

#3 1 year ago

That was it! The coils pretty much work now. I didn’t have a 1.25A so I used a 1A. Haven’t messed with the coin door switches yet.

Now my issue is that the switch matrix is complete hosed. The left slingshot resets the drops and the right slingshot drops one of the drops. Spinner seem to end the game and it’s doing all sorts of other random stuff.

It played almost normal for 1 ball and then went bananas. Keep in mind this was sitting in someone’s basement for who knows how long broken.

Not sure where to start. The boards look really good though.

#4 1 year ago

Pm sent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monrovia, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!