By SilverBallKid

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shooter_Lane_Issue_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hey All,

I just started having an issue with my F2K. The solenoid in the ball trough will no longer serve the ball into the shooter lane. When called for, the solenoid fires over and over but it is as if there is no longer enough power to force the ball up and over the edge of the trough to get it to roll to the shooter lane. Eventually, the ball will rest on top of the second ball and the solenoid will stop firing. I have included a photo to show what things look like once the solenoid stops firing. Once in awhile, the ball will make it up and over the edge and enter the shooter lane, but not very often.

Thoughts on how to get this resolved?

Thanks!

SBK

Shooter_Lane_Issue_(resized).jpgShooter_Lane_Issue_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I was away in Chicago for a long weekend but now I'm back.

1. I took the solenoid assembly apart, cleaned the parts and installed a new coil sleeve.

2. Vid, in answer to your questions, yes I only have 3 balls installed in the game. As you suggested, I removed the apron and left only one ball in the game. Then I started the self-test mode using the button inside the coin door at start up. Every once in awhile there will be enough force from the outhole kicker to move the ball into the shooter lane but usually it just just gets pushed up some and then falls back into the outhole.

Here is a video of the self test:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v494/goldnapell/TRIM_20160315_124549_zpslbyygrx2.mp4

2 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

Been so busy at work, no time to work on the pin. Restaurant management is a bitch. Finally got back at it tonight.

Dismantled the kicker and cleaned it all in the US. Put it back together.

Finally, decided to check the coil part number against my manual, and...

The installed coil is a Stern J-28-2300. My manual calls for a Stern J-26-1200.

Should I be ordering a new coil?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 199.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-ball-no-longer-kicked-to-shooter-lane?tu=silverballkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.